Free "Muppets Take Manhattan" DVD in Lucky Charms cereal

ppawuk

Reaction score
I'm not sure whether this is old news or not, but last night I saw in special marked boxes of Lucky Charms and Honey Nut Cheerios that you can get a free DVD of either "Muppets Take Manhattan" or "Bear in the Big Blue House."

The DVD comes in the box. I picked up the "MTM" DVD. It has previews on it for "Muppets from Space" and "Kermit's Swamp Years." The movie is the full-screen, and only has the sound in Dolby 2.0 (and Spanish, too), but what the heck - it's free!

crazy ernie

Reaction score
here is my sickning versoin of the lucky charms jingle:
"Farts,bars,and horse booze,clobbers and baboons,pot and golden rainbows and the red babboons.thats me lucky charms, their magically disgusting."
I think leperchaun flesh is grinded up in the cereal because the clovers are in the form of leperchaun hats.:big_grin:

CarburetorJane

Reaction score
Is there a better version of this DVD, or should I tell my mom to run out tomorrow and get it!?

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Originally posted by CarburetorJane
Is there a better version of this DVD, or should I tell my mom to run out tomorrow ahd get it!?
Well, it's a a great price but...a lot of purists (myself included) would say it's worth paying the extra price for the widescreen edition of the film. You'll get the full picture that director Frank Oz envisioned for the film rather than the cropped version.

ppawuk

Reaction score
I agree - I'm a purist myself and I would have hoped they had a widescreen version, but I didn't have a copy of "Muppets Take Manhattan" and I was out of cereal, so it all worked out nicely.

Free is free :smile:

Does anyone know if the widescreen version comes in Dolby 5.1?

Though I'm glad the "Kermit's Swamp Years" comes in widescreen, unfortunately we'll only get a full-screen version when "Muppet Christmas Carol" (an annual viewing tradition in my household) comes out.

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Originally posted by ppawuk

Does anyone know if the widescreen version comes in Dolby 5.1?
Alas, according to Amazon.com it only comes in English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono) among other languages. Funny thing is both TMM and GMC were remastered...I just don't understand how these things work.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't want to sound bitter here, but do you think that Jim. Jerry, Frank, Richard and everyone spent millions of dollars and hours, all this time croutching down behind things with hands outstretched enough to pull a muscle and all this time recording, rerecording, prerecording and editing just so it can come free with a box of "Boffo Flakes!?!?!?""

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
I don't want to sound bitter here, but do you think that Jim. Jerry, Frank, Richard and everyone spent millions of dollars and hours, all this time croutching down behind things with hands outstretched enough to pull a muscle and all this time recording, rerecording, prerecording and editing just so it can come free with a box of "Boffo Flakes!?!?!?""
Funny, I always thought they did it to make millions of people happy. If it lets some family who can't spend $20 on the full DVD watch a great Henson film, who am I to complain?

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Well, it's a a great price but...a lot of purists (myself included) would say it's worth paying the extra price for the widescreen edition of the film. You'll get the full picture that director Frank Oz envisioned for the film rather than the cropped version.<<<

Exactly. Why is there this sentement that has to coddle to everyone...making everything pan and scan...Blockbuster English dubbing all copies of Crouching Tiger. Man...just a sad state of affairs. But I guess that's your average consumer...just likes his foriegn films and anime dubbed not subtitled, and his films pan and scan non letterboxed.

The Bear free 2 episode dvd on the other hand, I cant wait to get. But yes, I highly reccomend the usually $15 at Best Buy Muppets Take Manhattan dvd. Besides it being my fave Muppet film ever(I mean it has Sesame Street AND Fraggle Rock characters in it!) its got these relaly cool Muppetisms shorts which rock(especially the Pepe one!)

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
"Frosted Lucky Charms, their magicly discusting!"

you know those "marshmellows" are actualy SMASHED cotton candy bits! LOL!

they even have a new candy out, it has nothing to do with LC, but it's called cotton candy bits, and they are the samething as LC marshmellows, ofcoures i have always known this because i used to be the cotton candy gobblen, not any more thought...

i remember one time i ate two full bags of cotton candy, i didn't throw up, i just felt boalted:stick_out_tongue: nothing a half a bottle of Dr Pepper couldn't wash down, okay maybe i was the junk food king, but key word, WAS!not anymore,

Zack)Rowlf the, but not that i don't eat junk anymore either;-)Dog.