Free Tutorial on Project Puppet

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that we're doing a tutorial on how to give your Simple Series puppets a very basic long-sleeve (short-sleeve adaptable) shirt. We'll be posting the free sleeve pattern tomorrow and finishing up the tutorial in the next few days.

Here's the link - Project Puppet Blog!

ChinoXL

Reaction score
I'm going to treat myself to a bunch of project puppet stuff this month, it's about time i make some puppets so this tutorial will help bunches

Phantom

Reaction score
Really, I like naked puppets... :smile:

Kidding...I kid because I kare...

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Well, for those of you who like naked puppets, I would suggest NOT going to the Project Puppet blog for the tutorial. :wink: All others may be interested in knowing that the pattern is posted.

grammie

Reaction score
thanks so much for the pattern, I was just starting a new girl and I'll be finishing her arms/sleeves this morning.

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Glad you're finding it useful, grammie! The last step of the tutorial is up!

Remember, this tutorial is very basic, but it should give you a good start in creating different styles of clothing for your characters. You could add collars, turtle necks, buttons down the front, dress cuffs with buttons (or better yet cuff links). And though the pattern is based on the Simple Series patterns at Project Puppet, the principles behind the pattern can be applied to making clothes for any simple hand puppet.

I hope everyone will find it useful! :smile: