Frogboy's trip to the Puppet Guild!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It is after 4:00 am and I have just gotten back from a really fun day! I started out at the Puppet Guild meeting. Karen Prell and Brian Stokes invited me as their guest and it was great to meet other like-minded individuals with similar passions. R. Steven Weber (who did make-up and puppetry for Star Trek Voyager and Deep Space 9) gave a lecture about puppet building. Great stuff. There was also much chatting. Afterward we all went for pizza and chatted even more! I was having such a good time I almost forgot about the time. It was nearly 11:30 pm and I needed to meet a friend at Club Universe to see Cyndi Lauper perform ASAP! I quickly said my goodbyes, promised to come to future meetings and hopped a cab to the club. Cyndi came on late anyway, but she was incredible! This was a fantastic day and I think I will join the guild. There’s some really cool people there. If any of yall are in the Bay Area, you should really consider checking it out! Much thanks to Karen and Brian!!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Hey Frogboy!

Great to hear about the guild and all the stuff happenning in the Bay area...quite the little hive of puppetry from what I understand. Makes me jealous to be stuck up here in cold, rainy Canada! lol

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey Jamie!

Glad to hear you had fun at the guild meeting. Wish I could've been there, but not much puppet stuff happens here in Dallas.

Later man

- Billy :cool:

matleo

Reaction score
Great to hear you had such a good time at Bat area's Guild meeting. I highly recommend joining a guild to anyone interested in puppetry. we just started one here in NJ and are hoping to see it grow. I also recommend getting involved with Puppeteers of America. They're both just great ways to network and see what others are doing in the field and learn from each other. Also, most of the guild's are usually full of some great people!!

--Matt

PS-- Billy, there's no puppetry in Dallas? I thought I had heard about a puppet theater out there or something. Hmm...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Nate

Cyndi was spectacular. Actually she came on really late - almost 2:00 am. I though she was supposed to go on at 12, but apparently something happened. She arrived on stage in a gorilla suit and stripped it off to reveal an audacious silvery dress. She sung a few songs - Shine, The Ballad of Cleo and Joe, I'm Gonna Be Strong, Hey Now (the Girls Just Want To Have Fun remake), Higher Plane, True Colors and She Bop. It was rather packed at Universe, a club I don't really enjoy going to being the pale skinny guy that I am in a room full of gym rats, but it was fun nonetheless and I got my share of play (Cyndi would be proud). LOL! It was a great evening!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Puppet Guld Meeting-

Yeah, it was really fun. I actually didn't know what to expect. I thought it might be some bizzarre Muppet cult...hey, isn't that here? LOL! Seriously, everyone there was really nice and welcoming. I must have chatted poor Karen's ear off. She is really cool. Very glad I finally got the chance to meet her! :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
<< She arrived on stage in a gorilla suit and stripped it off to reveal an audacious silvery dress. >>

Now thats my kind of concert !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yup, the only thing better would be a penguin suit, but maybe she's saving that for the tour. :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
If ONLY Britney would learn from her peers ! *Sigh*