From the DrTooth Rant Files- Stupid New Game Shows

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
what? seriously? was it a joke or did they actually do it being serious about something?

I know that sometimes when shows are doing something special the actual show will be in a box in the corner of the screen with everywhere else have stuff scrolling around, but its usually on news shows or on specials. Like when they did it for that Christmas thing with KISS. But the stuff scrolling around was KISS related and what people were submiting on the internet to be displayed on tv...

wow...to actually have something like was was posted...what is the world coming to?

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
That show is just AFV repackaged to me. And I don't have a problem with AFV.
I think the big problem with Wipeout is, like Vic said, it really seems to be a rip off of Takeshi's Castle. Now, I admit, I haven't watched a full episode, but it just looks like a rip off. Even from the commercials! I think it looks funny, but it's been done before.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh man, do they ever! They're decades ahead of us. Have you seen "Wipeout"? It's a blatant rip-off of "Takeshi's Castle" (Most Extreme Elimination Challenge here in the US, and where I got my username from). And I don't know why for the life of me why there aren't more Japanese shows imported here to the States.
Well, that's the thing about Japanese TV. I've seen stuff so weird, it would curl your hair. I said before, they refer their youth to a robotic, gadget laden cat and a super hero with an edible (and replacable) head.

But Japanese game shows have a fun wacky element to them the US can't copy. Wipeout is abject humilliation with no spirit or soul. MEEC at least has a fun element to it.

But the Hole in the wall thing wouldn't bug me if it were an element... like one of the different obsticals in a game show. But the entire game is like that.

Jeeez... I thought the writers were back working....

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And to think, FOX was basically Kid's WB! before The WB! became a channel (the fact that The Warners say that "the execs of the FOX Kids network" came up with the Wheel of Morality proves that even they were on FOX at one point). And now, The CW and so many other stations are following in FOX's badly made footsteps.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And to think, FOX was basically Kid's WB! before The WB! became a channel (the fact that The Warners say that "the execs of the FOX Kids network" came up with the Wheel of Morality proves that even they were on FOX at one point). And now, The CW and so many other stations are following in FOX's badly made footsteps.
Well, Fox Kid's line up, at one point, was controlled by Hiam Saban (before it was Margarette Loche (sp?)). But it was a completely different entity.

This is a prime time adult show game show, in case you want to know.

Kids may like Hanna Montana and all that, but they're not THAT stupid...

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think the big problem with Wipeout is, like Vic said, it really seems to be a rip off of Takeshi's Castle. Now, I admit, I haven't watched a full episode, but it just looks like a rip off. Even from the commercials! I think it looks funny, but it's been done before.
Yeah! But it fits right in with AFV fodder to me.:smirk:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Agreed. But seeing as people may like it, it may be here for awhile.