From the DrTooth Rant Files- Stupid New Game Shows

wwfpooh

Reaction score
People like laughing at others, plain & simple, it seems.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But if it's something or someone you care for, you wouldn't stand for it then, either.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I think the mentality of "MAN! I'm glad that's not ME!" is a very big element of comedy. It's not new. Even old back and white shows and movies take advantage of pain and embarrassment. Even before that, I'm sure that plays, books, and verbal storytelling took advantage of pain = funny. If it really is funny is all up to personal taste.

The main thing you really have to remember about AFV and any game show where people do something crazy, they are subjecting themselves to that humiliation on their own. No one is forcing them to send in a video or compete in an event that will probably end in their embarrassment. That's part of the fun. If people knew that the contestants weren't comfortable or if they were forced to do something against their will, most people would feel uncomfortable. Being able to laugh at yourself and to let people laugh with you, not at you is something that people seem to be attracted to.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Being able to laugh at yourself and to let people laugh with you, not at you is something that people seem to be attracted to.
Indeed. That is the humor people say one needs.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
thats what my dad always says :smirk:

he also says if you do something stupid like fall, amke it into a big production to make people laugh :stick_out_tongue:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Have you guys seen "Moment of Truth"? Now that's hard core. Those people just get up there and ruin there lives!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Have you guys seen "Moment of Truth"? Now that's hard core. Those people just get up there and ruin there lives!
That's EXACTLY what I've been saying! It's not The Moment of Truth, it's "The Moment We Destroy Your Diginity and Ruin Your Life On National, Network Television That Will Result In Your Wife Divorcing You, Your Boss Firing You, and Your Friends No Longer Speaking To You."