Fuller House

GonzoLover726

Reaction score
Didn't see a thread posted for this so what's everyone's thoughts about it?

I'll be lying if I said I didn't binge watch it Friday evening to night.

And honestly I thought it was better then I expected it to be. The kids are good actors which is rare. The adults all see to have a good time reprising their roles. And the shade thrown at the Olsen twins were the best!

I also love the intro and how it shows season 1 and 8 and then present day of the girls and everyone except the kids recreate one of their intros from the original. Recreating scenes is something else I loved and felt nostalgic when seeing.

The show I feel needs a second season for sure and maybe now the Olsen twins will come back for one cameo. Though it is easy to tell them apart nowadays and they haven't acted since 2004.

Btw John and Lori still look great and like they haven't aged a day....have mercy!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I admit that I liked Full House as a kid, I wasn't exactly excited by this series. Then I heard that the "reunion" aspect was only going to be a couple episodes (the teaser trailer for the show was composited, so they weren't even all there for that), I just said, no.

Full House's appeal, and this is something I agree with Cracked on, is that a non-traditional/motherless family can go through as much drama and have as much love as a "normal" family. And there's where the heart of the original was. Uncles helping to raise the kids with as much love as they were their own with a single father. The show seemed to say "something bad can happen in the course of raising a family, but things will always be alright." Considering this was the 80's when the drug problem was rampant, that was a powerful message. Seems like (I'm not sure since I only read and watched a few things about it) the girls have "normal" families, which on the one hand shows that they grew up perfectly fine, but on the other hand we don't have that subconcious powerful message.

That said, Netflix already revived my favorite show from the 80's. And you knew I was talking about Inspector Gadget. Though if there's two 80's-early 90's ABC sitcoms I'd love to see revived if this is successful enough it's Family Matters (I can see a show where an adult Urkle grew into his awkwardness and is an accomplished scientist and entrepreneur) and/or Perfect Strangers (Larry and Balki's sons having to share an apartment like their fathers).

GonzoLover726

Reaction score
While I admit that I liked Full House as a kid, I wasn't exactly excited by this series. Then I heard that the "reunion" aspect was only going to be a couple episodes (the teaser trailer for the show was composited, so they weren't even all there for that), I just said, no.

Full House's appeal, and this is something I agree with Cracked on, is that a non-traditional/motherless family can go through as much drama and have as much love as a "normal" family. And there's where the heart of the original was. Uncles helping to raise the kids with as much love as they were their own with a single father. The show seemed to say "something bad can happen in the course of raising a family, but things will always be alright." Considering this was the 80's when the drug problem was rampant, that was a powerful message. Seems like (I'm not sure since I only read and watched a few things about it) the girls have "normal" families, which on the one hand shows that they grew up perfectly fine, but on the other hand we don't have that subconcious powerful message.

That said, Netflix already revived my favorite show from the 80's. And you knew I was talking about Inspector Gadget. Though if there's two 80's-early 90's ABC sitcoms I'd love to see revived if this is successful enough it's Family Matters (I can see a show where an adult Urkle grew into his awkwardness and is an accomplished scientist and entrepreneur) and/or Perfect Strangers (Larry and Balki's sons having to share an apartment like their fathers).
Adult Urkel would be great to see now that I think about it and with Laura (that's her name right? I haven't seen it in years) too.

The only thing I really hate is that DJ wasn't with Steve and the dating issues between him and that other guy was annoying too. But I guess that means if she was with him then he would've died instead of this random Fuller guy.

Another thing I'm glad we didn't see are so dramatic talks Danny had with the girls with the dramatic music. I loved Full House but hated those moments so much!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Another thing I'm glad we didn't see are so dramatic talks Danny had with the girls with the dramatic music. I loved Full House but hated those moments so much!
Now GonzoLover726, let me take a moment to speak with you.
[Music Starts]
Danny had those talks because, well because he just loved his family a whole lot, and he wanted to let them know he was there for them. They'd been though a lot together and at times not everything was perfect.
[Music Intensifies]
But they still had him.
Dog: -Barks-
Michelle: We still had Comet too!
They still had Comet too. Point is, they had a big family. They showed us families come in all shapes and sizes.
Michelle: You got it, dude!
[End credits music plays and freeze frame ending title card]

GonzoLover726

Reaction score
Now GonzoLover726, let me take a moment to speak with you.
[Music Starts]
Danny had those talks because, well because he just loved his family a whole lot, and he wanted to let them know he was there for them. They'd been though a lot together and at times not everything was perfect.
[Music Intensifies]
But they still had him.
Dog: -Barks-
Michelle: We still had Comet too!
They still had Comet too. Point is, they had a big family. They showed us families come in all shapes and sizes.
Michelle: You got it, dude!
[End credits music plays and freeze frame ending title card]
Lol I know those talks were important especially the episodes with drugs and where Stephanie's best friend was in an accident and died. It's just the dramatic music I really found annoying

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The only thing I really hate is that DJ wasn't with Steve and the dating issues between him and that other guy was annoying too. But I guess that means if she was with him then he would've died instead of this random Fuller guy.
Well,I guess it makes sense. People rarely stay with the same people that they were with as teenagers.

Did you know the actor who played Steve is now a producer on The Muppets ?
Oh my gosh,I hated that cheesy music.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I might be the one dissenting voice that didn't like "Full House". I was in college when it aired, and the few times I did catch it, it seemed so sticky sweet my diabetes went through the roof.
While I can admire the family themes (same with " Diff'rent Strokes"), the working class grit of "Roseanne" hit closer to home, although in later seasons, like "House", some storylines seemed unbearably far-fetched.

At least " Full House's" child cast managed to avoid, for the most part, the Temptations and pitfalls that plague (ex) child actors. "Diff'rent Strokes" wasn't so lucky.

GonzoLover726

Reaction score
Well,I guess it makes sense. People rarely stay with the same people that they were with as teenagers.

Did you know the actor who played Steve is now a producer on The Muppets ?

Oh my gosh,I hated that cheesy music.
No that's awesome! I had no idea he works on The Muppets as the producer

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I might be the one dissenting voice that didn't like "Full House". I was in college when it aired, and the few times I did catch it, it seemed so sticky sweet my diabetes went through the roof.
While I can admire the family themes (same with " Diff'rent Strokes"), the working class grit of "Roseanne" hit closer to home, although in later seasons, like "House", some storylines seemed unbearably far-fetched.

At least " Full House's" child cast managed to avoid, for the most part, the Temptations and pitfalls that plague (ex) child actors. "Diff'rent Strokes" wasn't so lucky.
You're not the only one. I kind of hate Full House. Although I wasn't alive when the show was still airing so I don't really have any nostalgia for it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've watched the first few episodes so far, it's good so far. I'm surprised that, with the title being Fuller House, that the household is less full than when it ended (though it's a little fuller than when the show started). Yes, I know, DJ's married last name is Fuller, but I didn't notice her last name being mentioned until I read it on TV Tropes.

There's one episode where Stephanie talks about changing Michelle's diapers (mainly as an excuse to make a reference to the fact that she was played by twins), and I'm surprised about this. All diaper-changing scenes I can think of (and I don't think there were many) involved the adults. Considering her age, I doubt she would have changed Michelle's diapers on a frequent basis (though I did help change my brothers diapers when I was 8, which is probably the age Stephanie was when the show began, but I didn't change my brother's diapers all the time).

I saw on TV Tropes that most of the cast ended up having some kind of controversy years later (it was said that Bob Saget's lucky to be one of the few who didn't, considering how he felt about the show).