1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fun-4-All may produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by pdiresta, Oct 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. pdiresta

pdiresta New Member

I would like to announce that Fun-4-All corp., will be producing a Sesame Street Action Figure line (due out March 2004)!!! They are going to be a little more stylized than Palisades' Muppets line, but they will have the same level of detail, articulation, and quality. Next year is the 35th anniversary of Sesame Street, so this line is coming out at the perfect time! We have plans to do all of the coolest characters down the line.... So please let me know who all of your favorite characters are! I definitely would appreciate all the comments and feedback I can get. I really want to make this toy line a success, and being a fellow collector, I think I can give you guys what you want.
  2. radionate

radionate New Member

So how many figures per wave will be coming out? How many waves a year? Will they debut at Toy Fair? Will they feature as many points of articulation as Palisades? Will they feature current and classic characters? Are there currently any retailers lined up? Will you be going after the adult/collector market of the child/toy market?

Have I asked enough questions?
  3. pdiresta

pdiresta New Member

The first series will consist of: Oscar, Cookie, Bert, Ernie, and Super Grover.
    The figures will be based on the "Retro" style artwork of Sesame Street (check out the "Hot Topic" Sesame products, and T-shirt artwork). They will be fully articulated (along the lines of the Palisades' figures), and around the same scale and price. They will have a flat (matte) brushed finish, giving the characters more texture and life. (cookie monster WON'T just be a chunk of blue plastic, he'll have many levels of blue fur)
  4. Will they be in scale with the regular Muppets?
  5. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Hiya!

Hey, you guys'll have some big shoes to fill after the whole Palisades thing (I grade all things I buy based on their figures now).

I have a question: When you say "stylized," what do ya mean?

Furthermore and hitherto (heh heh), I'd definitely buy a line of Sesame Street action figures, but I'd like to offer up some advice right now that I think you'll find the rest of the Muppets Fan Community will be in agreement with: Make the figures in scale to the Palisades figures. You'll definitely make the sales on these SS figures you desire!

Palisades has us spoiled on the details, so I expect that you'll be putting textures into the figures, including the clothing?

Are you also going to make the people characters with some resemblance to teh actual folks on the show? What about the 123 Sesame Street brownstone building? Any playsets?

I think that's all the worries and wants I have as a necessity to the SS figures line.

NOW:
    Of course we'd want the following with their proper accessories:
    -Big Bird (large scale toy) and his nest, including Radar the Bear and Mr. Hooper drawing.
    -Ernie with Rubber Duckie and Drum Set, chair, tv
    -Bert with Bernice the Pigeon, paper clip and/or bottle cap collection, chair
    -Snuffy (could be done as a small plush) with some cabbages (don't forget he has a mom and sister, Baby Alice, too)
    -Oscar the Grouch with his trash can, elephant snout--and making him be able to come out of his can and/or crouch down in the can would be awesome. The lid of the can should be able to be closed.
    -Count Von Count with bats, cloth cape, and chair
    -Cookie Monster with cookies, cookie jar (while jointed with a swivel neck, his mouth could dump cookies into his tummy when you put them in there?)
    -Grover Monster (dunno what could come here)
    -Waiter Grover (with table, spaghetti, menu, and towel over arm)
    -Fat Blue with chair and items from the restaurant
    -Super Grover, with magnetic helmet that closes over his eyes, cloth cape
    -Elmo with Dorothy and some Elmo's World schtick (for lack of better ideas)
    -Herry Monster with dumbbells and doll
    -Prairie Dawn with piano
    -Zoe with the Zoe mobile
    -Guy Smiley with Beat the Clock clock
    -The Amazing Mumford with magnetic hat, rabbit, magic hat stand
    -Pink and Blue Martians, phone, book-book-book
    -Twiddle Bugs (multi pack)

Others in the list would be cool to see is Roosevelt Franklin, Farley, Papa Bear, Mama Bear, and Baby Bear, Barkley, Grungetta, REPORTER KERMIT THE FROG (WITH THE HAT!), Countess Von Backwards, Hoots the Owl, Benny Bunny, Stinky the Stinkweed, Betty Lou, Bip Bipadotta (Mahna-Mahna with sunglasses), Don Music, Gladys the Cow, Biff, Sully, The Two-Headed Monster, Forgetful Jones, The Salesman "Hey, bud!", Sam the Robot...
  6. Fozzie Bear

He posted a response to Nate while I've been sitting here typing.

Philo--he said around the same scale and price as Palisades figures.
  7. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

There isn't much for me to add, but I love that dog with the orangs and white fur too (I forgot the name, such an idiot) :)
  8. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Wait! The two-headed Monster! We need him (them?) too!
  9. Fozzie Bear

I forgot to post Telly and Frazzle Monsters.
  10. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

Are their going to be any playsets? Also, I saw the pictures of the first wave and they look great... I really love Oscar and Grover. But I have a few questions about the figures

-Can you tell us the approximate height of each of the five figures?
    -Would it be possible to add texturing on the faces of Ernie and Bert to give them the puppet look?
    -Is Ernie going to come with a Rubber Duckie?
    -Is Bert going to come with Bernice the pigeon?

That is all of the questions that I have for now... Thanks
  11. BJC899

BJC899 Member

Wow, S1 sounds amazing! I wish I could see the picutures.

My top 10 would be:
    -Bert
    -Ernie
    -Big Bird
    -Grover
    -Count Von Count
    -Elmo
    -Oscar
    -Zoe
    -Cookie Monster
    -Telly

:D
  12. Once again, my mother won't let me buy them.

She NEVER lets me buy SS merchandie. When I wanted to get "Put Down The Duckie" on DVD, but she would't let me. But my brother got "Monster Hits", he is younger.
  13. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Philo, what do you mean your mom won't buy you your Sesame Street stuff? That's negative discrimination!

Whatever, the name of the dog you're thinking of is Barkley. His name was going to be Woof-Woof, but a bunch of the grown-ups voted and it became Barkley instead.

Ben, I wish I could see the pictures of the figures too, but then again, there's my blindness stopping me from enjoying the pics.
    As for this figure line, I'm marginally skeptical and might not end up being satisfied until I find them in the stores next year, buy one, and start playing with it to see if it reaches the same level of loving care as Palisades' Muppets figures.
    Got a wishlist of figures too, but I'll leave that for later.
    Hope this helps and have a haunted day.
  14. I meant to say that she won't let me buy SS stuff with MY money.
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Other than the ones released, my top 10...

1. Telly monster
    2. Herry Monster
    3. Don Music
    4. Frazzle
    5. Sherlock Hemlock
    6. Gladys the cow
    7. Forgetful Jones
    8. Martians (yip yips)
    9. Benny Rabbit
    10. Waiter Grover
  16. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Well, I have some feedback based on the prototype pictures I have seen. To be honest I'm a little dissappointed. I have a problem with the following issues.

1. Articulation. If these pictures are any indication the articulation of these figures is lackings. The arms are swivel cuts instead of ball jointed shoulders. To me, that is a big dissappointment. Also the leg articulation is lacking. No knee joints or ankle swivels. No t crotch on Bert or Ernie. Oscar doesn't appear to have any articulation at all. I wouldn't really call these fully articulated.

2. Sculpts. The sculpts are pretty good actually. They all seem to be a little bit off, but not bad. The only one that I just about hate is Bert. It's all wrong. The puppet's eye brow can't even go into that position. Also, he is preposed and doesn't seem to be able to go into any natural poses. Again this is in part due to lack of certain articulation points. Cookie Monster having a cookie sculpted into his hand is dissappointing as well and having Oscar sculpted into his can with a scram sign sculpted into the can is a bit dissappointing as well. He seems to be more of a PVC figure than an action figure.

3. Colors. Cookie is a bit too light but other than that all the colors look ok to me.

4. Likeness compared to the puppets. Even though the sculpts looks good for 3 out of 4 of the figures, there is a lack of puppet likeness. All of the figures seem to be based on cartoon drawings of the characters instead of the actual puppets. I can see why this approach would be used for Cookie Monster, but I don't see why this approach was used to sculpt the others. Basically they are detailed figures based off of cartoons Sesame Street characters, but they don't have that puppet look. Maybe additional texture and less exagerated sculpts would fix that.

5. Accessories. None are shown and no mention of accessories has been made. I'm hoping that some fantastic and realistic accressories are made, especially if the price will be that of the palisades figures.

Sorry for the brutal honesty, but I'm hoping there is time to fix any if not all of this perceived problems.
  17. pxlforge

pxlforge New Member

My top 10 Sesame Muppets are as follows...

1. Bert
    2. Ernie
    3. Cookie Monster
    4. Oscar the Grouch
    5. Prarie Dawn
    6. Sherlock Hemlock
    7. Big Bird
    8. Grover
    9. Count von Count
    10. Guy Smiley
    [/QUOTE]

These 10 would make me a happy collector
  18. Luke

Luke Active Member

Congratulations on the license. I wondered if these will be aimed at speciality collectors or more at mass retail ? Also will you be producing exclusives and chase figures ? Other than that, welcome to the forum, you definitely came to the right place for big Sesame/Muppets fans.
  19. MuppetFan123

MuppetFan123 Member

Here are my ideas for figures,playsets,varients and boxed sets based on various sketches from Sesame Street...Feel free to comment or add to it.

Figures with possible Accessories:

Guy Smiley with microphone,Large Nose,and a Letter

The Honkers - preferably a Green,Blue and Pink one with noses that honk

Amazing Mumford with removeable cape & hat, magic table stand and magic hat with rabbit and a peanut butter sandwich

Don Music with piano and beethoven bust

Herry Monster with red & white striped pants as seen in various books,teddy bear and barbell

Frazzle with real fur, tounge hanging out of mouth and chain around neck

Lefty the Salesman with jacket that opens to revel the Letter O

Bruno with either a grip on hand to hold Oscar or a small Oscar in can comes with figure

The Count with removeable cape,pipe organ,bats and a number

Characters I can't think of accessories for:

The Big Bad Wolf - seen in many segments on Sesame Street
    Sam the Robot
    Betty Lou
    Barkley
    Granny Bird
    Harvey Kneeslapper

Special Editions/Varients/Exclusives
    Bathtub/Rubber Duckie Ernie with towel,tub with bubbles,scrub brush, and rubber duckie

Alistaire Cookie with chair,pipe and various books

Bathtub Brad with Uncle Bert and bathtub toys

Box Set
    Follow That Bird featuring Miss Finch & The Dodos
    Little Jerry &The Monotones with phone booth,the #4,microphones and instruments
    Chrissy &The Alphabets

Playsets:

Construction Playset with Biff & Sully

Ernie & Berts Bedroom/Living Room with Beds,Chairs,drumset and bedtime Ernie and Bert in pajamas and 2 sheep

Tweedlebug House with Tweddlebug Family and large stamp and Tweddlebug car

Moon Playset with the Yup Yup Martians and Elmo,Ernie and Cookie Monster in space outifts from either their song or skit about the moon

Snuffleupagus Cave with Snuffy and Alice

Wild Wild West Saloon with either Cowyboy Elmo,Wild West Grover,Sinister Sam,Bad Bart,Forgetful Jones and Buster the Horse
  20. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is fantastic, I hoped to start saving for a Car next year but I can't see my self driving in one next year, I'm going to go broke and in a way I love it.

My ten choices would have to be (apart from those in Series 1)

1) Big Bird -How can you not have him-
    2) The Count -my all time fave character-
    3) Regular Grover
    4) The Two-Headed Monster
    5) Sherlock Helmlock
    6) Telly
    7) Snuffalopigus (Sp?)
    8) Honkers!!!!!!!!!!!
    9) Elmo
    10) Waiter Grover

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.