Fun-4-All may produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdiresta

Reaction score
I would like to announce that Fun-4-All corp., will be producing a Sesame Street Action Figure line (due out March 2004)!!! They are going to be a little more stylized than Palisades' Muppets line, but they will have the same level of detail, articulation, and quality. Next year is the 35th anniversary of Sesame Street, so this line is coming out at the perfect time! We have plans to do all of the coolest characters down the line.... So please let me know who all of your favorite characters are! I definitely would appreciate all the comments and feedback I can get. I really want to make this toy line a success, and being a fellow collector, I think I can give you guys what you want.

radionate

Reaction score
So how many figures per wave will be coming out? How many waves a year? Will they debut at Toy Fair? Will they feature as many points of articulation as Palisades? Will they feature current and classic characters? Are there currently any retailers lined up? Will you be going after the adult/collector market of the child/toy market?

Have I asked enough questions?

pdiresta

Reaction score
The first series will consist of: Oscar, Cookie, Bert, Ernie, and Super Grover.
The figures will be based on the "Retro" style artwork of Sesame Street (check out the "Hot Topic" Sesame products, and T-shirt artwork). They will be fully articulated (along the lines of the Palisades' figures), and around the same scale and price. They will have a flat (matte) brushed finish, giving the characters more texture and life. (cookie monster WON'T just be a chunk of blue plastic, he'll have many levels of blue fur)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya!

Hey, you guys'll have some big shoes to fill after the whole Palisades thing (I grade all things I buy based on their figures now).

I have a question: When you say "stylized," what do ya mean?

Furthermore and hitherto (heh heh), I'd definitely buy a line of Sesame Street action figures, but I'd like to offer up some advice right now that I think you'll find the rest of the Muppets Fan Community will be in agreement with: Make the figures in scale to the Palisades figures. You'll definitely make the sales on these SS figures you desire!

Palisades has us spoiled on the details, so I expect that you'll be putting textures into the figures, including the clothing?

Are you also going to make the people characters with some resemblance to teh actual folks on the show? What about the 123 Sesame Street brownstone building? Any playsets?

I think that's all the worries and wants I have as a necessity to the SS figures line.

NOW:
Of course we'd want the following with their proper accessories:
-Big Bird (large scale toy) and his nest, including Radar the Bear and Mr. Hooper drawing.
-Ernie with Rubber Duckie and Drum Set, chair, tv
-Bert with Bernice the Pigeon, paper clip and/or bottle cap collection, chair
-Snuffy (could be done as a small plush) with some cabbages (don't forget he has a mom and sister, Baby Alice, too)
-Oscar the Grouch with his trash can, elephant snout--and making him be able to come out of his can and/or crouch down in the can would be awesome. The lid of the can should be able to be closed.
-Count Von Count with bats, cloth cape, and chair
-Cookie Monster with cookies, cookie jar (while jointed with a swivel neck, his mouth could dump cookies into his tummy when you put them in there?)
-Grover Monster (dunno what could come here)
-Waiter Grover (with table, spaghetti, menu, and towel over arm)
-Fat Blue with chair and items from the restaurant
-Super Grover, with magnetic helmet that closes over his eyes, cloth cape
-Elmo with Dorothy and some Elmo's World schtick (for lack of better ideas)
-Herry Monster with dumbbells and doll
-Prairie Dawn with piano
-Zoe with the Zoe mobile
-Guy Smiley with Beat the Clock clock
-The Amazing Mumford with magnetic hat, rabbit, magic hat stand
-Pink and Blue Martians, phone, book-book-book
-Twiddle Bugs (multi pack)

Others in the list would be cool to see is Roosevelt Franklin, Farley, Papa Bear, Mama Bear, and Baby Bear, Barkley, Grungetta, REPORTER KERMIT THE FROG (WITH THE HAT!), Countess Von Backwards, Hoots the Owl, Benny Bunny, Stinky the Stinkweed, Betty Lou, Bip Bipadotta (Mahna-Mahna with sunglasses), Don Music, Gladys the Cow, Biff, Sully, The Two-Headed Monster, Forgetful Jones, The Salesman "Hey, bud!", Sam the Robot...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
He posted a response to Nate while I've been sitting here typing.

Philo--he said around the same scale and price as Palisades figures.

Whatever

Reaction score
There isn't much for me to add, but I love that dog with the orangs and white fur too (I forgot the name, such an idiot) :smile:

Whatever

Reaction score
Wait! The two-headed Monster! We need him (them?) too!

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Are their going to be any playsets? Also, I saw the pictures of the first wave and they look great... I really love Oscar and Grover. But I have a few questions about the figures

-Can you tell us the approximate height of each of the five figures?
-Would it be possible to add texturing on the faces of Ernie and Bert to give them the puppet look?
-Is Ernie going to come with a Rubber Duckie?
-Is Bert going to come with Bernice the pigeon?

That is all of the questions that I have for now... Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.