Funeral

Telly

Reaction score
I don't know if maybe I'm morbid or what. My dad's funeral was on Wednesday.Thursday the whole day I thought about my funeral. Two songs I want played at my funeral are "Rainbow Connection" and "Saying Good-Bye". Another thing I'd like to have at my funeral are my Muppet posers (if I can keep them in good condition). I thought it'd be cool to have them standing at the casket looking down, Fozzie holding his hat.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lol, first of all, may I say I'm so very sorry about your dad passing away.

But actually, you're not alone, I too have thought about things like that... it's kind of amusing, though, because the only way to make sure your funeral goes as you want it to is to NOT die, lol!

Telly

Reaction score
Thank you, D'Snowth. Very true! My dad was "lucky" enough to be able to plan his out though. He picked out the casket and all that. At least everything was what he wanted.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I can so relate to what your going through. My dad passed away in 1995, and up until last week the only tme I had been to his grave was when we buried him.
I wanted to show my wife where it was becuase it is a hard to fined family gravesite. I want to be beside my dad when I die, and if she knows it now then when the time comes she can make that happen. I have also thought about what I want on my tomestone. I want here lies someone who always made me smile.

Pork

Reaction score
I think about it sometimes. I'd like the song "All My Tears" played at my funeral, it's so exactly what I think.

I'm sorry about your Dad, i remember when my Grandpa passed away, it was so sad, I miss him so much. He had Muppet wall paper in his libarary!

Telly

Reaction score
Thanks for the condolences guys. I'm jealous of your grandpa, Pork! I wish they still made Muppet wallpaper! That's so weird, dwayne1115! My dad's side of the family is buried by his dad in a small town that has a hard-to-find cemetary as well.
I'm just glad my dad doesn't have to suffer anymore. He died from pancreatic cancer. They didn't find it until it had spread to the liver. The doctors gave him two weeks to two months. He missed the two month mark by two days. The family dog passed away two years ago. He had her cremated and kept her on the bottom shelf of the entertainment center along with her dish and brush. I found out he wanted her in the casket with him when he was buried. I guess she was at his feet i the casket, which is suitable since she was ALWAYS by his side. That's my dad!
Another thing I remember was I'd watch reruns of the Muppet Show every Saturday afternoon/evening. You know how Kermit would introduce the next act excitedly and then flail his arms? When I was younger my dad would be like "I'm Kermit the Frog! Yaaaaaaaaaay!" and then wave his arms around. :smile:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
my condolences

I'm sorry to hear about your father. I hope he passed peacefully at least.

Last year my grandmother died at age 96, and one of my favorite memories of her, she used to watch Sesame Street with me when I was little. Remember the clip of Ernie telling us how special we are? Run your fingers through your hair, take your fingers and wiggle, and all that? I still remember my grandmother, who was well into her sixties at that point, wiggling her fingers too, and she thought that was so neat. I've seen that clip on YouTube, and it makes me smile knowing we both enjoyed it.

I'm glad you got to share moments like watching the Muppet Show with him too.

Telly

Reaction score
Thanks fuzzygobo. That was a heartwarming story about your grandma.
I have friends think that I was into Muppets just because I'm gay. I don't see the connection. I was telling a friend about some of my memories of my dad and how he'd watch Muppet Show or buy me those Smurf glasses from Hardee's. He goes "Oh I didn't realize you were actually into those things. I thought you liked them just because you're gay." :confused: :search:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Nope, I don't get it either. What can I say? People are strange.
:concern:

I'm very sorry to hear about your dad.
:sympathy: In honor of both you and FuzzyGobo, I just played the Ernie & Bert Special sketch, and Things That I Remember, which I think I got from you Chris.

I've thought about my own death before, and a little about my own funeral. I wonder if everyone does from time to time?
Most people I know that died did have planned where they want to be buried, and I know my aunt went to the funeral home the week before and made all the arangements for the coffin and everything. A lot of people make those kinds of plans; probably a good idea in most cases.