Funk Version of "Can You Picture That"

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm new to this site and this forum... I just registered. I thought people here might be interested to hear my band's cover of 'Can You Picture That?' from the Muppet Movie. We're a Funk/Soul band called Love Handle from just outside of Boston, and we're all big muppet fans. We don't sell any copies or anything like that, so it's a recording done just for fun. You can listen to it here:
http://www.funkandsoul.com/tunes/mp3s/LH_CanYouPictureThat.mp3

The bands website is here:
http://www.funkandsoul.com

Hope you all like it.

-Mighty Ferguson

scarecroe

Reaction score
*Very* nice! I love it. Especially the opening :sing:

Will you play this at any of your next gigs? I might just have to come check you guys out.

If you don't mind, I'll post this over at the Tough Pigs forum as well.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mighty Ferguson,

Welcome to our forum. Thanks for sharing the file with us. Are you singing Dr. Teeth's lyrics in the song?

With your permission, I'd like to feature this track on our on-line radio station, Muppet Central Radio. We play quite a few fan parodies and tributes like yours. It would be great to include your song in the mix.

Have you guys ever done any other Henson songs? I checked out your Web site. You guys do a pretty wide range of tunes, very cool.

:big_grin:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Mighty_Ferguson ,

Guys,
This is the best Muppet Cover that I have EVER heard!

Congrats!

When i started listening to this a smile instantly came to my face, It reminded me 'this is why i am a Muppet fan'.

:big_grin: :sing: :flirt: :halo: :cool:

see ya

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Oh, MAN!! That's sooooo GROOVY!! I mean, you dudes ROCK!! I love love love it!!

When's the CD coming out?? Any plans to cover any other Muppe'Tunes?

Foz

radionate

Reaction score
That's great guys! Fantastic cover! Do you ever have any gigs around Memphis/North Mississippi, or do you even tour at all?

Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments. Let me try to answer all the questions:

Scarecroe - Yes, we play Can You Picture That at gigs more often than not. It's a blast to play. We usually extend it more than the recording and feature the horn section with some solos. If you ever plan to come to a gig, send me a PM in advance and I'll make sure we definitely play it that night. Go ahead and post it on the Tough Pigs forum. If you could include a link to our site so people know who did it, that would be great. Thanks!

Phillip - Sure, you can use it for Muppet Central Radio. We haven't done any other Henson songs, but we're always adding new songs and we try to put the "Love Handle" spin on them when we can. I can think of a few more Muppets songs off the top of my head that I'd like to try. Oh, and that's not me singing the Dr. Teeth lyrics... I am playing the Dr. Teeth keyboards though.

Janice & Mokey's Man and Warrick - Thanks very much for the compliments. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Fozzie Bear - Like I said to Phillip, no immediate plans for another Muppets cover, but I'll be sure to post here if we start one. I'm open to suggestions if people have ideas of a Muppet tune that would lend itself to funk like Can You Picture That did. As for a CD, burning the MP3 to a blank is the best you're gonna get right now. :smile:

radionate - No, we don't tour. We stick to New England... everyone in the group has day jobs and we just play for fun, so it's pretty tough to travel. If you're ever in MA, come check us out though!

-Mighty Ferguson

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Mighty_Ferguson said:
No, we don't tour. -Mighty Ferguson
aw, too bad about not touring or the CD. I was gonna buy one!

Still, I'll download it to my computer and begin sharing it with folks I know--it's funky!!

The lead singer sounds a little bit like a mix between Floyd and Dr. Teeth! Tell the girl to sing a little louder though.

Well, when the CD comes out, I'm getting one.

FOZ

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hey MF (that's not very nice sounding...)

Just downloaded this this afternoon, and it's awesome. "Can you picture that" is easily my favorite Electric Mayhem song, and you guys rock it. Very nice.

Wish I were a bit closer to Boston to see the real deal.

:big_grin: :flirt: :sing: :cool: :halo: