Funko POP! Muppet figures coming in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Reaction score
According to the Forums on the Funko official Website, it looks like we will be seeing POP! Muppets figures sometime in 2012. For those of you unfamiliar with POP! here is their website:

http://www.funko.com/

I like these little guys, There like vinylmations, except they are shaped like the characters AND you get to pick which one you want!!:smile:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Sounds great! But I can't view their homepage on my iPod I guess, :/ so may I ask: about how tall are their figures usually scaled? Do they have any articulation? What is the detail level?

I really wouldn't mind if they were like the new Disney Star Wars Muppets-type quality, those seem good enough for mass market IMO, but I would LOVE if they were to the standards of Palisades Muppets! I know, I know, probably won't ever happen again, but a guy can dream. :big_grin:

Awesome that another company is licensing more Muppets merch, thanks for sharing this fantastic news! Cheers,
:smile:
Anthony

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
AHA AWESOME this was like the cherry on top of my night...ive been wanting these

Drtooth

Reaction score
It was almost obvious we'd see something from them considering their Disney License and all. Of course the first big merchandise hits well after the movie.

I'd LOVE for the license to include Wacky Wobblers too. More accurate representations of the characters.

Walter

Reaction score
Sounds great! But I can't view their homepage on my iPod I guess, :/ so may I ask: about how tall are their figures usually scaled? Do they have any articulation? What is the detail level?

I really wouldn't mind if they were like the new Disney Star Wars Muppets-type quality, those seem good enough for mass market IMO, but I would LOVE if they were to the standards of Palisades Muppets! I know, I know, probably won't ever happen again, but a guy can dream. :big_grin:

Awesome that another company is licensing more Muppets merch, thanks for sharing this fantastic news! Cheers,
:smile:
Anthony
hmmm..well my Stitch is scaled at around 5 inches, and I am not sure about his head, but it looks like the figures generally don't have articulation around the body. Detail, well, they are kind of chibi styled so it's hard for me to say they're accurate..here is my stitch:

well..its a stock image, but he looks just like that!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Some character representations are closer to others, some don't need to be that close anyway. Batman, and the rest of the DC and Marvel super hero line are just as well looking barely like the characters.

Then there are the kinds that look a little closer to the original character, but still fairly stylized....

I'm hoping Muppet ones would be closer to the Homer (or even Stitch) than anything else... Kermit would look too weird with dot eyes... he'd just be a generic frog figure... but I can totally see Piggy or even Animal stylized highly without much problem.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looking at the website it seems the company normally releases five figures a series. So I guess series 1 would be Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo, and one other character, I'm guessing Animal (most likely, though I'd prefer they make series 2 The Electric Mayhem and include Animal there), but maybe they'll include Scooter, Pepe, Walter, Uncle Deadly, or someone else.

It would be great if they had a mindset similar to Palisades, by not being full of major characters. I'd expect the main three (Kermit, Piggy, and Fozzie) to be included, but perhaps do something unexpected with the other two. Maybe Bunsen and Beaker (though that'd make series 1 resemble Palisades series 1 too much) or Statler and Waldorf, or Walter and '80s Robot (include the newer movie characters while the new movie is still current/recent).

I'm not as excited about these (if it is true) as I was the action figure line from Palisades, but I am a little interested.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
this sounds quite interesting i wonder how they will do kermit will buy as soon as i see them

Status
Not open for further replies.