1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Funko POP! Muppet figures coming in 2012

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Walter, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Walter

Walter Active Member

According to the Forums on the Funko official Website, it looks like we will be seeing POP! Muppets figures sometime in 2012. For those of you unfamiliar with POP! here is their website:

http://www.funko.com/

I like these little guys, There like vinylmations, except they are shaped like the characters AND you get to pick which one you want!!:)[​IMG]
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

3. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Sounds great! But I can't view their homepage on my iPod I guess, :/ so may I ask: about how tall are their figures usually scaled? Do they have any articulation? What is the detail level?

I really wouldn't mind if they were like the new Disney Star Wars Muppets-type quality, those seem good enough for mass market IMO, but I would LOVE if they were to the standards of Palisades Muppets! I know, I know, probably won't ever happen again, but a guy can dream. :D

Awesome that another company is licensing more Muppets merch, thanks for sharing this fantastic news! Cheers,
    :)
    Anthony
  4. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

AHA AWESOME this was like the cherry on top of my night...ive been wanting these
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It was almost obvious we'd see something from them considering their Disney License and all. Of course the first big merchandise hits well after the movie.

I'd LOVE for the license to include Wacky Wobblers too. More accurate representations of the characters.
  6. Walter

Walter Active Member

hmmm..well my Stitch is scaled at around 5 inches, and I am not sure about his head, but it looks like the figures generally don't have articulation around the body. Detail, well, they are kind of chibi styled so it's hard for me to say they're accurate..here is my stitch:

[​IMG]

well..its a stock image, but he looks just like that![​IMG]
  7. Drtooth

Some character representations are closer to others, some don't need to be that close anyway. Batman, and the rest of the DC and Marvel super hero line are just as well looking barely like the characters.

[​IMG]

Then there are the kinds that look a little closer to the original character, but still fairly stylized....

[​IMG]

I'm hoping Muppet ones would be closer to the Homer (or even Stitch) than anything else... Kermit would look too weird with dot eyes... he'd just be a generic frog figure... but I can totally see Piggy or even Animal stylized highly without much problem.
  8. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Looking at the website it seems the company normally releases five figures a series. So I guess series 1 would be Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo, and one other character, I'm guessing Animal (most likely, though I'd prefer they make series 2 The Electric Mayhem and include Animal there), but maybe they'll include Scooter, Pepe, Walter, Uncle Deadly, or someone else.

It would be great if they had a mindset similar to Palisades, by not being full of major characters. I'd expect the main three (Kermit, Piggy, and Fozzie) to be included, but perhaps do something unexpected with the other two. Maybe Bunsen and Beaker (though that'd make series 1 resemble Palisades series 1 too much) or Statler and Waldorf, or Walter and '80s Robot (include the newer movie characters while the new movie is still current/recent).

I'm not as excited about these (if it is true) as I was the action figure line from Palisades, but I am a little interested.
  9. jrxing

jrxing Member

Love them! Thanks!
  10. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

this sounds quite interesting i wonder how they will do kermit will buy as soon as i see them
  11. KermieBaby47

Ah, okay, I've seen some of this stuff online. Hmm, looks like it'll be a "wait and see" kind of thing for me personally, I've never been a fan of these "cute" figure interpretations. I can barely stand Disney Vinylmation, lol, and even then, I only own 3 - all Muppets! :D

Thanks for the info!
    :)
  12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

UK bobbleheads:) [​IMG]
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  13. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I like those bobbleheads...except KErmit...he doesn't look right
    miss kermie likes this.
  14. Drtooth

I like how they got the shape of Animal's head to NOT be a pink fuzzy lollipop shape. I'm sure Funko would do a good job with those...

Of course, one Funko line I wouldn't WANT to see the Muppets in is this:

[​IMG]

It's more horrifying in person!

Sigh... I wish they kept the Funko Action Force line going. That would be a GREAT place for Muppet merchandise right there.
  15. Walter

Walter Active Member

LOL it looks like one of those ice cream bars you get at the beach!!
  16. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

17. Farron

Farron Member

^ They look great! Funny how the're all missing their pupils except for Kermit though, but I guess that is the design.

But definite must gets for me!

Though how long until release? Should have them coming out soon for the DVD/blu-ray release of the new film I would hope!
  18. KermieBaby47

Oh wow, I'm pleasantly surprised by these! :) Though I do agree with a poster in the Pops board; that they might look better with all black eyes instead of white. Hmm. Oh, and I'm really hoping for Rowlf! Glad they got Teeth in the first assortment. :D
  19. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Love them. Might add black dots for eyes though with a marker.
  20. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

I'm now a big fan of this sort of thing, but these do look cool. I might get them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.