1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Funko Reaction The Dark Crystal 3.75 figures

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by Mystic Master, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Mystic Master

Mystic Master Member

2. ryan19

ryan19 Member

They look amazing . Any idea when the rest of the line follows ?

3. Mystic Master

Mystic Master Member

The Landstrider w/ Jen was for SDCC, and the Garthim w / Kira is for NYCC, though both will be available at TRU, as the Landstrider is now. Here is a picture of the back of the box:

[​IMG]

No release date yet for the basic figure line though. It will consist of 5 figures, each with a piece of the crystal.

4. ryan19

ryan19 Member

Wow ! Thank you for info . They all look stunning & so well detailed . Hope they get released soon enough .

5. Mystic Master

Mystic Master Member

By the way, NYCC is in October, so that's when the second deluxe set should be out. They tend to be limited to convention goers and then a few weeks later should be at TRU and online. Hopefully fans will buy the Landstrider set and show their support for the line!

6. ryan19

ryan19 Member

I have just ordered one from ebay . Yes i hope fans do support this line and who knows hopefully we get to see the rest of the skeksis & mystics in the future .

Mystic Master likes this.
  7. Mystic Master

Mystic Master Member

Hopefully you didn't overpay, going the ebay route - TRU has them for the MSRP ($25) and free shipping - the link is in my first post.

As for a second wave of basic figures, I'd love to see at least one more Mystic and Skeksis, and perhaps a 2-pack of the pod people.

8. ryan19

ryan19 Member

I was unsure if TRU would ship to my country so i decided to go through ebay . A lil more over $25 but i am sure it be worth it .

Really digging the garthim with kira set too . I just hope that they will be easily available . I wonder if kira's wings will be like those of the old silverhawks , whereby pushing a button on the backs will pop their wings out .

9. Mystic Master

Mystic Master Member

10. ryan19

ryan19 Member

What a beauty... From what I'm seeing I am diggin all of them .
    Have you gotten the kira & garthim set already ?

11. Mystic Master

Mystic Master Member

Not yet, its only been a NYCC exclusive so far. It hasn't been released at retail, according to Reis at Funko its been pushed back to December for general release. The basic line is still due out this month though!

12. ryan19

ryan19 Member

That is great news .
    Look forward to that . I have gotten the landstrider & Jen . Hope the whole set will be easily available .

13. Mystic Master

Mystic Master Member

I found the Dark Crystal basic line today, but not at TRU - it was at a video game / movie / music store called The Exchange. They had a set of the basic figures, so I bought them all. The smaller figures were $10, and the larger two were $13. I'm astounded by the detail and the great deco. For those hunting them down - check comic stores, gaming stores, etc!

14. 123Sunny

123Sunny Active Member

Those are so cool! I want FizzGig!!

And I love that if you collect them all you can build the crystal too? That's a super rad concept!

15. Mystic Master

Mystic Master Member

Yes, Fizzgig looks great - the basic Kira comes with the mouth open version and the exclusive Kira (with Garthim) comes with the mouth closed. Each basic figure has a piece of the large crystal, and Jen comes with the stone base - he also has the shard, which can be placed into the crystal itself! The detail is just fantastic.

123Sunny likes this.
  16. 123Sunny

123Sunny Active Member

gotta collect them all done right

17. Mystic Master

Mystic Master Member

Here is the latest info on the Garthim - a quote from Reis at Funko, "Yes! The Garthim will hit Toys R Us in the beginning to middle of March! I have one in hand and it looks amazing!"

18. Mystic Master

Mystic Master Member

The Funko Reaction Garthim (Toys R Us exclusive) has hit retail this week! Sadly, it doesn't come with the winged Kira from the NYCC exclusive set - but for all the DC fans that love action figures, this is a must have!

ryan19 likes this.
  19. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

I really love these figures. Here's a little recreation of some movie scenes shot with my Funko ReActions, with a NECA Chamberlain making a special appearance.

Alex

20. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Revised version, now that I have a Winged Kira figure. (The one shot of her with wings in the previous version was a digital fake. The wings were added from a toy review photo found online.)

Alex