1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Funko to release Sesame Street toys

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by minor muppetz, Oct 6, 2014.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Well, it's been announced that Funko will release a series of vinyl Sesame Street figures, starting with a Super Grover exclusive, and a full series being released in 2015, consisting of Bert, Ernie, Big Bird, Elmo, Cookie Monster, Grover, Oscar, and The Count.

http://www.toughpigs.com/funko-ss/

WalterLinz and GonzoLeaper like this.
  2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

That is awesome! Definitely will be getting Ernie Bert The Count and Grover!

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I've been wanting this to happen. I'm surprised they didn't release them sooner for their anniversary. But now we finally have Muppet and Sesame Street toys in scale with each other to co-mingle.

Problem is, there are too many Funko for me to collect and I only have about three of them. They took essentially every license there is with certain exceptions. There are so many of these things, it's overwhelming.

4. minor muppetz

If they release more, I wonder what characters would be more likely to be included: "old school" or "modern"? Does Funko normally do these in "series"? I know that when Funko released additional Muppet toys the company only put out two new ones, is this the case whenever any Funko line continues after the initial batch of figures?

It looks like they are going for an "old school" line, as everybody except for Elmo was introduced during the first ten years, and Elmo is still part of the old school era (well, depending on ones opinion of when the "old school" years truly ends). All the characters are old school while still major characters on the show, but it's interesting that there's no Zoe or Abby Cadabby.

If Funko can only add two new figures at a time, then I hope the next two (assuming these are profitable enough) will be Telly and Snuffy.

5. Mr Sweetums

Mr Sweetums Active Member

I'm really glad this is happening, I'm really into the Muppet Funkos but they are taking forever to release new ones and when they did they only released two so I'm really glad I now have Sesame Street to collect :wisdom:

This is taking me back to the start of the millennium when Palisades released The Muppet Action Figures and then they introduced the Sesame Street line towards the end and that to began with an Exclusive Super Grover and we all know what happened then... :(:p

I missed out on my exclusive Super Grover figure ten years ago, I will not make the same mistake twice, this time I have grown up, I have learned from my past, I will purchase exclusive super Grover :super: as soon as possible.

This gets me thinking/hoping that Funko might achieve what Palisades sadly did not, same scale Jim Henson character figures. If The Jim Henson Company is reading this please do not give us a $800 Wembley Figurine, offer Funko the Fraggle license :smirk::dreamy::coy::excited:

:):insatiable::sigh:

6. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Awesome! It will be nice to see Sesame Street figures finally getting released, after things didn't quite take off from Palisades years ago.
    :):p:(:wisdom::grouchy::insatiable::super::batty::search::laugh:
    Can we get a Sesame Street News Flash Reporter Kermit exclusive figure too?

Mr Sweetums likes this.
  7. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Probaly No Kermit and A few questions about the line.
    1 are their prototype pictures?
    2 Is Ernie going to have rubber duckie?
    3 Is the monocle on count going to be painted or attached?

8. minor muppetz

It's a shame that these aren't packaged with a 45th anniversary logo.

9. GonzoLeaper

Well, we'll have to see about Kermit...you never know! :)

10. Drtooth

Dude. We already have a Kermit. He's just not a reporter or part of the Sesame Street line. That's what's great about this. We finally have a company that made both Sesame Street and Muppet figures in the same relative scale that can co-mingle.

Wondering if Big Bird's only going to be released the same size as the others, or they're going to release a mega sized POP like they did with Stay Puft.

11. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Active Member

That figurine looks cute!

12. GonzoLeaper

Well, yeah- I know. And that is cool that they will be on the same scale. But I was just thinking a Reporter Kermit for Sesame Street News Flash would be a cool exclusive figure for this Sesame Street line. But if that were to come, I'm sure it would be down the line. For right now, get the mainstay figures out that make up the current core cast- Big Bird, Snuffy, Elmo, Zoe, Abby, Bert, Ernie, Cookie Monster, Grover, The Count, Oscar, Slimey, Telly, Prairie Dawn, Rosita and Baby Bear and Murray and Ojevita.:wisdom:
    (Yes, I realize some of that list may include wishful thinking on my part.)
    I'd also love to see classic and now mostly (if not totally) retired characters eventually- Herry Monster, Betty Lou, Sherlock Hemlock, Barkley, Humphrey, Ingrid, Natasha, Benny Rabbit, Stinky, Chicago, Wolfgang, Roxie Marie, Biff, Sully, Harvey Kneeslapper, Herbert Birdsfoot, Guy Smiley, Sunny Friendly, Mumford the Magician, Sam the Robot, Beautiful Day Monster, Fred the Dragon, Dexter, Rodeo Rosie, Splurge, Frazzle, Honkers, Dingers, Twiddle Bugs, Hoots, Aristotle, The Beetles, Bip Bippadotta, Ferlinghetti Donizetti, Farley, Forgetful Jones, Roosevelt Franklin and his class, Clementine, Buster, Fred the Wonder Horse, Little Jerry and the Monotones, Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats, The Busby Twins, Granny Fanny Nesselrode, Grundgetta and anyone else I forgot......

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    Stephanie Evjen likes this.
  13. Yeah, I heard about that! If Little Jerry and the Monotones and Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats get made into Funko figures, I'd totally get them! Ooh, maybe if they could, they could get made into plushies too. Just another fangirl dream I have.

GonzoLeaper likes this.
  14. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

Muppets and Sesame Street? Is Fraggle Rock next? :coy:

..actually, please do that. I would buy EVERY SINGLE ONE. :excited:

GonzoLeaper and Mr Sweetums like this.
  15. Mr Sweetums

Funko Gorgs or Bobblehead Gorgs would be amazing... I need some Gorgs merchandise :drool:

GonzoLeaper likes this.
  16. Drtooth

Anyone else pretty impatient for these to come out? Got a gift card, and I definitely want to get at least one of these guys. Christmas luckily jumped my collection up to about 3 more of these things (Roger Rabbit, Bullwinkle and Mr. Peabody), and I managed to find a Judge Doom (to go with Roger) on clearance half price.

I swear, they release 20 of these things at a time.

17. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Very impatient, I want to see prototype pictures.

18. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Aw, how awesome!! A Sesame Funko collection!!:) I can't wait to see the prototype pics too!!:)

19. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

20. Mr Sweetums

WalterLinz and Stulz like this.