Funko to release Sesame Street toys

muppetlover123

Reaction score
That is awesome! Definitely will be getting Ernie Bert The Count and Grover!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've been wanting this to happen. I'm surprised they didn't release them sooner for their anniversary. But now we finally have Muppet and Sesame Street toys in scale with each other to co-mingle.

Problem is, there are too many Funko for me to collect and I only have about three of them. They took essentially every license there is with certain exceptions. There are so many of these things, it's overwhelming.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If they release more, I wonder what characters would be more likely to be included: "old school" or "modern"? Does Funko normally do these in "series"? I know that when Funko released additional Muppet toys the company only put out two new ones, is this the case whenever any Funko line continues after the initial batch of figures?

It looks like they are going for an "old school" line, as everybody except for Elmo was introduced during the first ten years, and Elmo is still part of the old school era (well, depending on ones opinion of when the "old school" years truly ends). All the characters are old school while still major characters on the show, but it's interesting that there's no Zoe or Abby Cadabby.

If Funko can only add two new figures at a time, then I hope the next two (assuming these are profitable enough) will be Telly and Snuffy.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
I'm really glad this is happening, I'm really into the Muppet Funkos but they are taking forever to release new ones and when they did they only released two so I'm really glad I now have Sesame Street to collect :wisdom:

This is taking me back to the start of the millennium when Palisades released The Muppet Action Figures and then they introduced the Sesame Street line towards the end and that to began with an Exclusive Super Grover and we all know what happened then... :frown::stick_out_tongue:

I missed out on my exclusive Super Grover figure ten years ago, I will not make the same mistake twice, this time I have grown up, I have learned from my past, I will purchase exclusive super Grover :super: as soon as possible.

This gets me thinking/hoping that Funko might achieve what Palisades sadly did not, same scale Jim Henson character figures. If The Jim Henson Company is reading this please do not give us a $800 Wembley Figurine, offer Funko the Fraggle license :smirk::dreamy::coy::excited:

:smile::insatiable::sigh:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Awesome! It will be nice to see Sesame Street figures finally getting released, after things didn't quite take off from Palisades years ago.
:smile::stick_out_tongue::frown::wisdom::grouchy::insatiable::super::batty::search::laugh:
Can we get a Sesame Street News Flash Reporter Kermit exclusive figure too?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Awesome! It will be nice to see Sesame Street figures finally getting released, after things didn't quite take off from Palisades years ago.
:smile::stick_out_tongue::frown::wisdom::grouchy::insatiable::super::batty::search::laugh:
Can we get a Sesame Street News Flash Reporter Kermit exclusive figure too?
Probaly No Kermit and A few questions about the line.
1 are their prototype pictures?
2 Is Ernie going to have rubber duckie?
3 Is the monocle on count going to be painted or attached?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been wanting this to happen. I'm surprised they didn't release them sooner for their anniversary. But now we finally have Muppet and Sesame Street toys in scale with each other to co-mingle.
It's a shame that these aren't packaged with a 45th anniversary logo.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Well, we'll have to see about Kermit...you never know! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dude. We already have a Kermit. He's just not a reporter or part of the Sesame Street line. That's what's great about this. We finally have a company that made both Sesame Street and Muppet figures in the same relative scale that can co-mingle.

Wondering if Big Bird's only going to be released the same size as the others, or they're going to release a mega sized POP like they did with Stay Puft.