1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Funniest Fraggle Moments

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by FraggleRockRock, Sep 27, 2007.

1. FraggleRockRock New Member

Ok, so we've got scary fraggle moments, we got painful fraggle moments...

But where's the focus on comedy? Fraggle Rock was, apart from being deep and meaningful, hysterical. So can we hear some funny Fraggle moments, please?

Here's one to get things going:

The first time I saw "Marooned", after seeing all the dramatic parts, the comic relief is VERY relieving.

FELIX THE FEARLESS: Where is that stupid cave-in?

GOBO: There it is!

FELIX: I found the cave-in!

I swear that when I saw that I couldn't get up for like five minutes. I had to rewind the show. :excited:
  2. Java Active Member

Boober with his puppet in The Incredible Shrinking Mokey. The statements that he feels free to make through the puppet crake me up each time.

It's certainly much needed comic relief as to me this is one of the scariest episodes.
  3. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Large Marvin and Feenie are always a riot.

Then of course, the three slow witted Fraggles that hung out with Red for five minutes in Red's Club, especially the "Gobo, Gobo, Gobo!" sequence when they were banging their heads on the cave walls and each other, following Red's lead.

And for some reason, during Blanket of Snow, Blanket of Woe, The scene when Marjorie the Trash heap said "OH! A Third Course! How Civilized!" I couldn't stop laughing for days.

And let's not forget the World's oldest fraggle constantly bonking Henchy on the nose with his scepter in Inspector Red.
  4. FraggleRockRock New Member

Let's see...

Fantastic fraggle moments, everybody! Keep 'em coming!

We all know that the whole episode of "Boober's Quiet Day" was basically histericalarious (In other words, so funny that it can't even fit in one word!) But here are the parts I found most funny:

When Mokey comes to ask boober where he's going and sidebottom tells him what to say, and as soon as boober goes back outside, sidebottom says to himself, "Dummy," I couldn't stop laughing.

Another was when sidebottom tells boober to just "relax" and boober says, "Right," and simply falls out of shot.

Also at the end when sprocket calls doc on the phone and doc says, "My dog wants to talk to me? Why... how very strange." :D
  5. Drtooth Well-Known Member

In Inspector Red, after Doc keeps mentioning Peach and Praline ice cream, and Gobo and Wembly say this:

"Maybe Boober can make a pie. I got the peaches"

"I got the Pralines!"

Somehow that really killed me the first time.

Inspector Red may be on of the funniest episodes I have seen yet...
  6. FraggleRockRock New Member

Aw, I haven't seen that one yet! no fair! :p
  7. Foodie Active Member

I think the fact that Gobo has a bunch of peaches is funny in itself. :smirk:
  8. Foodie Active Member

OH! I know one that kills me cuz it always catches me off guard ( and darnit! I'm always on guard ). I just saw it again the other night watching " Sir Hubris and the Gorgs ". Right before Ma starts reading to Junior the story of Sir Hubris, Junior gets all excited, jumping all over ( and bringing pieces of the ceiling down on Pa's already injured noggin ), exclaiming about how he loves that story until Pa barks him into silence with " You haven't even heard it! ". That line is a killer. :smirk:
  9. FraggleRockRock New Member

Oh, that line is hysterical! I also like when Mokey says, "We Fraggles will be extict!" and then Wembley says, "Yeah, and we won't be around anymore, either!" Fun-eeeee! And then, I don't know why, but when Junior asks "Sir Hubris" if he always dresses that way, and Gobo says, "ususally," in such a funny voice! Haha, gets me every time!
  10. FraggleRockRock New Member

Oh, and when ma tells them, "Now, settle down... BOTH of you." to Junior and Pa. Hehe, she reminds me of my mother sometimes. (Oh, gosh, I hope she didn't hear me say that.)
  11. erniebert1234ss Active Member

In "Beginnings", when Gobo is reading about the Fraggle being graceful, that's when the vine-swinging Red falls into the Fraggle Five's housing area! I always found that funny for some reason.

BJ
    RedFraggleRocks likes this.
  12. FraggleRockRock New Member

MATT: Fraggles are a noble race; fearless, dignified, intellectual.
    BONK! Fraggle hits his nose on a stalagmite! Classic!
    iluvfragglerock likes this.
  13. Hmmm... I think I'm going to have to go with Sprocket's "Swedish Chef" imitation in "The Cavern of Lost Dreams" and most of Sidebottom's jokes in "Boober's Dream".
  14. FraggleRockRock New Member

I couldn't even talk after I saw that swedish chef impersonation! hiss-terical!

Another histerical thing: ALL of Boober's scares in "Scared Silly" but in particular the one where he pops out and says, "Wembley, it's all in the timing," and makes wembley even angrier than he was before.
  15. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Oh man, I loved that self joke about the Swedish Chef. When I first saw it I screamed "NO WAY!" and laughed loud for the rest of the episode.
  16. King of Eight New Member

The entire episode of Boober's Quiet Day cracks me up. As does Red's interpretation of the Thimble Beetle Song. "See the little simple, silly, dimpled, pimpled daughters as they flirt with dirty otters..." No matter how many times I hear her sing that, I always laugh hysterically.
    PanthraDion likes this.
  17. Fragglette New Member

All of these great fraggle memories! - how about in The Trial of Cotterpin Doozer when Large Marvin is stuck in the doozer hole and Feeny tells him he's too fat - then Marvin says "Yeah, spose so - gimme a cracker"! That always cracks me up!
    And any time Uncle Matt falls down is so funny - Also in Wonder Mountain when Red is asking Wembley if going to Wonder Mountain all alone is brave and courageous and he's shrinking to the ground with every word she says- he finally says "yes" sheepishly and she yells "NO" and he falls down! I always found that funny for some reason.
    Wrench is also really funny in The Voice Inside - when Gobo is telling him about Wembley's "gut feeling" and he says "You spoke to your friend's stomach?" Love it!
  18. Frogster Active Member

To FraggleRockRock... with all due respect, when reading what you've found funny in the episodes, something tells me you haven't exactly been exposed to a whole lot of comedy in your life so far.

I always liked how, when someone would use a big word, Wembley would respond with describing what that word actually meant. It was really unique that he taught little kids words like 'extinct,' 'parched,' and 'amnesia' with an innocent touch of funniness.

As I got older I found Boober's pessimistic attitude somewhat funny. I like how he can sometimes seem like the most 'realistic' and 'human' Fraggle of the group in how he responds to the rest of the group.

Red seemed to have a few funny parts that had to do with Wembley. Most notably, in "Gunge, The Great & Glorious" when she tries getting Wembley away from Philo and Gunge... "Wembley... say good-bye."

Mokey's the blissfully fun woman of the group. Usually when she makes me laugh, it's because what she's just said is so sweet and innocent that you can't help to not only laugh, but want to give her a big hug for being so cute. Case in point, "Bored Stiff," when she suggested they go talk to the Gorgs... "Besides, I think that big, brown hairy one kind of likes having us around."

When Gobo does or says something funny, I've noticed that it's been when he's just egging the conversation on. In "Gobo's School For Explorers" he tells Red that he should join Boober's school of laundry because it's more her speed. Granted, that's not always the case, but since Gobo's the serious male of the group, it's only fair he keeps a cool head most of the time. Kinda like Kermit.
  19. erniebert1234ss Active Member

I find the Fraggle bonking his nose on the stalagmite quite funny, and I've been exposed to a lot of humor...

BJ
  20. heralde Well-Known Member

Everyone has different views on what's funny. While I'm not big on physical humor, the bonking is often humorous, lol. But I also enjoy the humor that comes from the characters themselves, like Boober's little quirks.