Funniest Muppet Moments

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
these are some of funniest muppet moments (in my opinion) in no particular order:

1) Ernie & Bert's "That's What Friends Are For"

2) When Herry was counting with this little black kid that kinda looked like Gary Coleman. He says 14 and 15 LOUD and PROUD!

3) "Mary Had A Bicycle". The only Don Music sketch available on video (Sing Yourself Silly). It's hilllarrrious!!!! I love the way he keeps looking at the camera. And when he says what's wrong with what Kermit sang, Kermit put his nose-thing up with his eyes like going down, ah, hard to explain....

4) Ernie and Bert at the movie theatre.
ERNIE: "I'll sit on Bert's lap!"

5) Ernie and Bert in Egypt

6) Anything Bobo did.

7) When the Swedish Chef didn't understand how 3D Movies work (in MTM)

8) Miss Piggy when she was the news lady...hilarious seeing her just stairing at the camera like that.

9) Frank & Stein at the shoe store. Laughing there heads off, walking around with shoe boxes on there feet while the manager had a fit!

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
On the Peter Selles Muppet Chow when Fozzie Bear saws the robot in half and it is crying out 'Mummy' and Fozzie tells her to Shut Up!!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Any thing with the Sweedish Chief.

WHen Gonzo says 'i'll eat with you Miss Piggy' in the Muppet Movie and Miss Piggy says 'not you buzzod beak'.

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
That musical sketch in The Muppet Show, when Kermit and some guys sing that song from "Sound of Music"...

Kermit: That was supposed to be BO!
Scooter: Bo, a bear, a female bear...
Kermit: NO!
Annie Sue: No, a near, a female near...

Kermit: Oh... What the hay...
Green Guy: Hay, a huop of huolden hun!

Kermit: FOZZIE!
Fozzie: A name I call myself!

That sktech is just amazing!!!!!!! By the way, does that green guy have a name?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Man. I hope Timelife sends me more of these Muppet Show videos soon. It seems like I'm missing out on a lot of this.

On the Peter Selles Muppet Chow when Fozzie Bear saws the robot in half and it is crying out 'Mummy' and Fozzie tells her to Shut Up!!!
Wait a minute! I have the Petter Sellers episode on video and that part clearly isn't on it. Are you sure it wasn't a different episode?

2) When Herry was counting with this little black kid that kinda looked like Gary Coleman. He says 14 and 15 LOUD and PROUD!
I remember that from the "20 and Still Counting" special his name was John John as a kid, but they show him grown up and now he's John Williams and in the air force, at least that's what he was doing at the time the special was made.

Joggy

Reaction score
The "Otto The Robot" sketch was from Sylvester Stallone...

So many funny Muppet things... Grover always makes me laugh. So do Bert and Ernie, especially the scene where Ernie lets Bert guess parts of his body that are covered by socks.

Bert: (notices Ernie has socks on his ears) "Hey Ern... No. No. I know what you're up to, I'm not gonna ask. No way. ... WHAT ARE THEY FOR?!!!"

Gonzo's sudden remarks like "If I ruled the world, clothing would be edible!" "I stayed up all night writing the leg-frying motive." "Duh Clifford! Everybody knows that when you put explosives in a tuba, you'll get spit all over them!"

Rizzo when he's panicked or just very energetic... goes for Wembley too (GOBOGOBOGOBOGOBOGOBOGOBO! Jackie, Byron, I KNOW you love this too LOL)

The TV shows on Dinosaurs (The Hidden Preditor!!)

About all the jokes in The Great Muppet Caper.

The list goes on...

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Some of my favorite funny Muppet moments:

Anything uttered by Statler and Waldorf.

Gonzo performing Mozart on a bagpipe (while on top of a flagpole)...where a beaver chews on the bottom and knocks him down.

Kermit trying to have a nice quiet conversation with Julie Andrews, interrupted by Robin flying out of a tuba, the Zucchini Bros. human cannonball act, and Sweetums and Thog playing badminton with Camilla.

The Swedish Chef trying to make "Chickie In Der Baskie".

Floyd babysitting Piggy's spoiled little dog FooFoo. (I'd like to see him try that with Lanford! Red would thank him eternally.)

Any skit involving Don Music.

Any installment of "Veterinarian's Hospital".

but the winner of the Funniest Muppet Moment is.........

Grover as a waiter at a Mexican restaurant. He has to do a song-and-dance routine, and always ends up dropping his "favorite customer" (Fat Blue)'s food.

OLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLE...*crash*

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
does anyone remember the two headed monster shoe store sketch?

here's another two headed monster one -
one where they're reading a book. the one with the horns facing down read and when he said "De En". the one with his horns going up started crying.
"De en? no de en! wan mo story!" then he starts crying. hilarious

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2002

Wait a minute! I have the Petter Sellers episode on video and that part clearly isn't on it. Are you sure it wasn't a different episode?

Sorry - My mistake. I watched the two back-to-back last night and got slightly confused :smile:

Also like the bit on the John Cleese show when John gets Gonzo's arms/legs to different lengths. :smile:

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Forgot one more--if you watch the Fraggle Rock episode "Wembley and the Great Race", listen to the World's Oldest Fraggle's commentary during the races. It's hilarious. Favorite lines are:

(when Wembley wins the first race)

"And the winner is...WHAT'S-HIS-NAME!"

(and during the final race between Wembley and Gobo)

"Now this one is winning, and now the other one is winning..."