Funniest Wackiest Zaniest Sesame Sketches

mupcollector1

Reaction score
http://www.zippcast.com/video/7702ef74788571bf68a I think the most funniest moment was "Dialing for Prizes Movie" with Guy Smiley.
I love that one. Truely a classic. I was laughing like crazy. "You won MONSTERS!"
Probably one of the best Guy Smiley sketches I've ever seen. Another one I remember was the one where he sings about the seasons and the seasons change really fast at the end causing him to be frightened.

I miss Guy Smiley and Smiley Friendly.
Anyone remember "Squeel of Fortune"? :smile: I remember when The Count was on Beat The Time and he wins counting the clock instead of being rich. :smile:

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
I love that one. Truely a classic. I was laughing like crazy. "You won MONSTERS!"
Probably one of the best Guy Smiley sketches I've ever seen. Another one I remember was the one where he sings about the seasons and the seasons change really fast at the end causing him to be frightened.

I miss Guy Smiley and Smiley Friendly.
Anyone remember "Squeel of Fortune"? :smile: I remember when The Count was on Beat The Time and he wins counting the clock instead of being rich. :smile:
And don't forget Family Food with the late Richard Dawson: http://www.zippcast.com/video/544cf73292836023ffe

mupcollector1

Reaction score
(There's a bit with Big Bird and Snuffy before hand that's about a minute and forty five seconds before hand.)
Jim is really funny parodying Pat Sajak.
"So what do you do for a living Count?" "I Count!" "Ah, an accountant." (Count was slightly disturbed by that answer) Totally made my morning this morning. lol :smile:
Is that Richard Hunt as the pig?
Anyone catch the Guy Smile inside joke as "America's 2nd favorite game show host? Poor Sonny Friendly, he's America's 3rd." :big_grin:
The gag ending reminds me of another moment where The Count was on a Guy Smiley came show.
You know what I really loved about Guy Smiley, when he got tangled in the curtain from time to time. I don't remember which ones he did but it was really funny.

I just thought of another Count classic I remember.

DancingQueen

Reaction score
The funniest Sesame sketch I've ever seen, IMHO, was the two (or three?) part "Ernie has a banana in his ear" sketch. It's a basic, classic vaudeville routine (as were some of the best Ernie and Bert sketches), but when you add puppets to it, and have as talented puppeteers as Jim and Frank working on it, it just gets EXPONENTIALLY funnier! I still crack up just picturing Bert's body language-expressed frustration as he yells "WILL YOU JUST TAKE THAT BANANA OUT OF YOUR EAR??!!" And then watching him fume when Ernie replies coolly that he can't hear him because he has a banana in his ear! ROFL. Or maybe I'm just crazy, but this is the sketch that has made me laugh the most over the years!

mupcollector1

Reaction score
The funniest Sesame sketch I've ever seen, IMHO, was the two (or three?) part "Ernie has a banana in his ear" sketch. It's a basic, classic vaudeville routine (as were some of the best Ernie and Bert sketches), but when you add puppets to it, and have as talented puppeteers as Jim and Frank working on it, it just gets EXPONENTIALLY funnier! I still crack up just picturing Bert's body language-expressed frustration as he yells "WILL YOU JUST TAKE THAT BANANA OUT OF YOUR EAR??!!" And then watching him fume when Ernie replies coolly that he can't hear him because he has a banana in his ear! ROFL. Or maybe I'm just crazy, but this is the sketch that has made me laugh the most over the years!
Ernie and Bert are my favorite Muppets on Sesame Street. It's so interesting how Ernie and Bert are complete opposites. Yes in deed, it is vaudeville. The classic situation of Ernie being the free spirited comic and Bert being the over the top serious person who just gets angry over a little joke. It's funny. And it's quite timeless too. Sometimes I feel this world is full of Berts and not enough Ernies. There's so many great Ernie and Bert sketches. One of my all time favorites is the one where Ernie wants to know what time it is, but he's too lazy to turn on the light so he opens the window and starts singing opera. At one point a voice is heard "ERNIE SHUT UP! (a rarity for Sesame to say that), It's 3 O Clock in the morning. Ernie hums happily as he shuts the windows and gets into bed. Then you can see Bert, WIDE AWAKE with his eyebrow up, just still. I love it :smile:

Another one of my favorites is Ernie needs to right a grocery list for Bert and needs something to write with. He makes a complete mess throwing anything in this toy chest in the air and finally he writes the list with a paint brush and chocolate putting. After Bert is disgusted with the mess on the floor and taking to Ernie, he looks into the camera and says "He's improving, last time he used spaghetti sauce." A true classic.

One of my somewhat recent discovery's that I found on the internet was a mid or late 80s sketch where Bert is again going grocery shopping but he can't find his keys so he tells Ernie that he will knock on the door when he's home. Ernie is calm and confident reading a newspaper. Bert wants to practice and Ernie tells him it's not necessary and he'll be listening. Bert goes out the door, forgets his money and knocks on the door asking Ernie to let him in. Ernie thinks he's practicing and telling him "Enough is enough". Bert is screaming, kicking the door, ringing the bell. And the end he says "I'm going to move out."

Remember the classic "Ernie plays the drums"? What I find interesting about this sketch is that personally I find the album version funnier and crazier then the actual filmed version. I think I bought the track on iTunes since most of the classic Sesame Street albums are on there now which is really great. Bert is more out of control in the album version. "We can make a great team Bert, now you go back out there and play the door while I play the drums". Bert can be heard yelling and shouting "Ernie, I'm going to get you for this!" while in the filmed version. Bert just sadly walks out the door.

Before I forget, I remember several Ernie and Bert go to the movies sketches. One of them Ernie gets very emotional in various ways and Bert is standing up for him while Guy Smiley (with a different voice) and Jerry Nelson performing this very angry character. At the end, Ernie is saying "Isn't this funny Bert" while roughly nudging Bert. Bert's in a huge argument with Jerry's character. "He's hitting me, he's hitting me". Jerry's character, Guy Smiley and a few others gang up on Bert. "I'm going to have you thrown out of this theater!" Bert replies "I'd like to see you try". Ernie shushes them all while eating popcorn enjoying the movies.

A great quality that I love about Ernie. Ernie is so Sweet, sensitive and innocent. Yet his has a very wicked sense of humor when he's with Bert. I have a feeling when Bert is not in their apartment and Ernie is left alone for the day. I'm pretty sure Ernie is quite quiet and reading a book. He just saves the wacky fun when Bert comes home. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That one is neither funny, wacky or zany in the least.

It's too cute for me to put in the dullest, most boring pile, but it's one of the rare times the skit would have been better if it was an in name only parody. It goes on far too long to be funny.

Especially since the other game shows have stuff getting crashed through walls and game show hosts annoying everyone into oblivion...

on that case...

Prairie Dawn doing her best impersonation of Beauty from Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, being the only sane person and calling everyone out on it... only to be completely ignored.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Especially since the other game shows have stuff getting crashed through walls and game show hosts annoying everyone into oblivion...
on that case...
Prairie Dawn doing her best impersonation of Beauty from Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, being the only sane person and calling everyone out on it... only to be completely ignored.

Well personally I thought the sketch was quite funny. Especially Guy getting a bit of transportation from Gladys at the end. Also I love it when crazy stuff happens like stuff getting crashed though the walls and goofy characters. Like in Beat The Time with Cookie Monster steels a cane, a train and even Frazzle on his chain. But perhaps my sense of humor is more wacky and anarchic then others I suppose. lol I just love it when Muppets run loose and do crazy cartoonish things. It's almost like a surreal version of Looney Tunes comedy in a way. :big_grin:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Don't forget there's also the recent The Voice sketch from Season 43! It's really funny.

I like the ending. Though I thought it was a bit long and in my opinion, should have been sorter near the beginning and middle. I didn't like the armpit gag, a bit too low brow. Though the host having his head the wrong way and turning it back is pretty cool. But yeah if the main focus was just the ending, it would be perfect. I don't really dig much in current pop culture unless it's satirized in Mad Magazine or South Park in a satirical fashion. Though I can certainly agree, the ending was funny. Thanks for sharing. :smile: