Funny Boy: The Richard Hunt Biography

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The book has been out for a few weeks, and I am surprised there isn't a thread on the book here yet (was there one when it was announced?), so I am unsure if this should go under Henson People or Muppet Merchandise.

But yeah, a few weeks ago came the release of Funny Boy: The Richard Hunt Biography. It's a biography on Richard Hunt, and it is a great read. It feels as much a biography of The Jim Henson Company when Richard was there as it is a biography on Richard Hunt. There's biographical info on so many people in his life, we get a good deal of info on Henson projects he wasn't in much of (or wasn't in at all), the book sometimes mentions highlights of certain specials being scenes that don't really include Richard.

Funny Boy: The Richard Hunt Biography | Muppet Wiki | Fandom

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing that shocked me was the characters who Richard Hunt either did not like or did not connect with, especially since many of them did last a long time before his death (well, I already knew he didn't like Forgetful Jones until 1988).

I'm surprised the book doesn't talk about his one-episode stint as Storyteller Fraggle. I remember being surprised when Terry Angus said Richard let him keep the role because he didn't like her, I thought she was the kind of role Richard would enjoy (but the book does say he didn't connect with his female characters) and wondered (and saw somebody else speculate this as well) if he really just wanted to let Terry have a character and used that as an excuse.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
So glad this wasn't an April Fool's joke as that what's I expected when I saw this. Definitely interested to read this.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So glad this wasn't an April Fool's joke as that what's I expected when I saw this. Definitely interested to read this.
I kept holding off on posting this then decided I might as well on the day before April Fools Day (I was trying to start a few new threads in the weeks before April Fools Day).