Funny episode with Hiroshi

Stupendous Man

Reaction score
Hi. Does anybody here recall an episode, I think it was from Season 23 (1991-92), in which Hiroshi had a headache? That scene was toward the end of the show. Hiroshi walks by 123 Sesame Street and past Oscar's trash can, where Oscar is playing the trumpet and making a lot of noise. Then a honker is honking a lot and Hiroshi gives him a piece of paper and a pen, and tells him to write down whatever he has to say because he wants him to stop honking. The honker writes something down, and Hiroshi reads it out loud to himself: "Honk honk honk, quack quack quack." Hiroshi looks confused, and then a duck appears and starts quacking, and Hiroshi looks at the viewer and says, "I think my headache is getting worse." Then we hear one of the other cast members announcing the letters and number of the day, and saying that Sesame Street is a production of the Children's Television Workshop.

I still laugh when I think of that scene. :smile: Does anybody remember seeing it?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I remember it, but not too much. Just Hiroshi, a Honker, a duck, and a lot of noise.

AmazingMumford

Reaction score
I do remember this episode, but it wasn't in Season 23, it was Season 21. I remember another one when Hiroshi had a Sandwich he was getting ready to eat, and Buster the Horse came along and told him how he only liked to eat Hay. Hiroshi then talks to him about trying new things and asks Buster if he'd like a bite of his Sandwich. Buster takes a bite of the Big Sandwich and likes it so much he ends up devouring the whole Sandwich, like he can't control himself. He then, says something like "You were right Hiroshi, that was good!" and walks away. Hiroshi then looks at the camera with a sad look, and then sad music plays. No wonder Hiroshi ended up moving away from Sesame Street. Seems like everyone liked to torture the poor guy.

AmazingMumford

Reaction score
Hiroshi was a Human on the show. He was Oriental. He had a workshop where he would paint pictures, which is where Gina now has her Vetrinarian's Office. He wasn't on the show for very long at all. Only for Seasons 20 and 21.

TashAndMe

Reaction score
I remember Hiroshi. He was played by Gedde Watanabe, who many people know as Nurse Yosh Takata on ER. I remember many episodes with him from back in the day.

denimalex

Reaction score
I remember an episode where Gordon had a headache - and he had to nearly lock himself in his bedroom to get some rest because everybody kept popping up and talking to him. It went on for the balance of the episode.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
denimalex said:
I remember an episode where Gordon had a headache - and he had to nearly lock himself in his bedroom to get some rest because everybody kept popping up and talking to him. It went on for the balance of the episode.
I think I remember that one. I remember Telly yelling at everybody to keep quiet, even the birds that were singing.

I remember Hiroshi pretty well. I wonder whatever happened to him.