1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Future Muppet Replicas Wishlist

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by mikealan, Sep 7, 2007.

1. JJandJanice Active Member

Yeah that's true, but I don't think MR is going to put out a Muppet unless there is a want for him, and I don't know how many fans would really want a Robin Photo puppet replica other than the most hardcore fans. Know what I mean?
  2. I think here we would have the same problem as with Scooter. It all depends on who they are aiming the line at. I think he might win against Scooter simply and the manufacturing front (he would be a lot cheaper and also easier to re-create) but it's anybody's guess whether he would sell as well. From an interactive point of view tho, he would go well when posed with other replicas.
  3. MWoO Active Member

Scooter isn't Robin though. Robin is a very plain design. He's just a frog. Kermit is the most famous frog and he hasn't sold out. Scooter, however, is visually stimulating. There is a lot going on with his outfit and over all design. He just looks cooler, And really, isn't that more important when buying a display piece?
  4. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Scooter really pops - both in color and structure. The fact that Robin is smaller wouldn't necessarily make him that much less expensive than, say, a Kermit replica. Scooter's jacket and sneakers could make for a heafty pricetag, however. The gofer still gets my vote. But, along with Gonzo, I'm partial to the character. He's in my (very old) staff pic! ;)

I'm certain Scooter could sell hundreds of pieces, but could he reach near 1,000? I just don't know. :sympathy: I'd like to think so.
  5. Telly Active Member

It's harder to decide who I'd want for replicas. In the back of my head, I keep thinking of it like the Palisades figures. The problem with that is there were roughly five figures to a series and about two or three series per year rather than three posers per year (if that's what MR is still aiming for).
    With the main four either done or in the works....
    Kermit
    Gonzo
    Fozzie
    Piggy
    Rizzo

Here's my list
    Rowlf
    Pepe
    Scooter
    Camilla
  6. MuppetCaper Active Member

It would be nice to have a Camilla....Gonzo's girlfriend!
  7. MWoO Active Member

Good point about the jacket and sneakers. Though Gonzo has a full suit and shoes and Animal is clothes so maybe it won't be too much more than them. As for hom moving thousands of units, I dunno. Certainly possible if they think Rizzo can. I mean I love Rizzo as a character, but Scooter is cool too. Rizzo totally stole his spot. :(
  8. frogboy4 Inactive Member

That rat! He he. And Rizzo has a jacket that would have to be made from scratch too. ;)
  9. goodrastus New Member

While a lot of people would want heaps of characters outside Kermit, Animal, Gonzo, Fozzie and Piggy I would want:

Rizzo
    Rowlf
    Scooter
    Pepe
    Beaker
    Bunsen

While the Electric Mayhem, Robin and my personal favourite Sam would be fantastic, I think that would stretch being realistic.

Although if MR think generic muppets would sell, I wouldn't say no to chickens and penguins!
  10. Any idea how MR come about making choices for new replicas? Do they just choose one at random or do they actually do a survey for it? Or is it down to whoever Muppets Holding decide to let them release?
  11. Telly Active Member

I was thinking the exact same thing Mistersuperstar!:confused:
  12. mrsieve Member

I have to put my two cents in for Statler and Waldorf. Gotta love them. :boo: :sleep:
  13. I was really impressed with the S & W Pallisades figures and I'd love to see full-size replicas of them. How about making a mock-up balcony to display them in?
  14. Was Once Ernie New Member

Scooter's jacket wouldn't be any more difficult to make than Gonzo's tuxedo.

Back in the 70's and 80's, satin crew jackets were big items and even when we had to pay for them ourselves, they usually cost somewhere between $35 and $70 and that was for a lower quantity than MR would have to make, plus those were adult sizes. The higher the quantity, the more the price is reduced per item.

:p
  15. Didn't Scooter's jacket have TMS logo embroidered in the back too?
  16. Was Once Ernie New Member

Yes, but the jackets I was talking about also had custom embroidery on them. The way those work, there is a one-time set-up fee and then each jacket they embroider is fairly reasonable. I'm sure the factories in China work the same way. The biggest expense is the set-up fees. Once the line is running, each item is relatively cheap and the cost of the set-up is amortized over the whole lot.

17. Was Once Ernie New Member

By the way, I've been trying to get in touch with Travis, but he seems to be MIA.

So, here is what he told me at Comic-Con... and remember, this is Travis' wish list, just like anyone else's on here. It doesn't mean this is going to happen, although Travis has a lot more clout to pull it off than we do just idly speculating here.

He said that for 2009, he would like to do Bunsen and Beaker, and Statler and Waldorf.

Again, this is Travis' wish list. It doesn't mean anybody else at MR or Disney is on board with this.

18. MuppetCaper Active Member

I am sure that they will have some idea for 2009 by the middle of next year. It is going to be interesting to see what they decided. Poor Terry is going to have to work twice as hard if they pull out four in a year. :confused: :eek:
  19. Convincing John Well-Known Member

Rowlf and Scooter have my vote. With them made, we'd get the "main seven" Muppets from TMS. Think about it. Hard core fans will be buying these guys. In the old days, focusing on this particular set of seven characters seemed to be true when the old "ha!" company merchandised them. Check out the Stick Puppets and plush dolls for example. There's Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, Scooter, Rowlf and Gonzo. Look at the way even the smileys are set up when you compose a message. Except for Animal, the ones in the top two rows are part of the "main seven". Yeah, Pepe's popular, but just once I'd like to give Scooter and Rowlf (especially Rowlf) a chance to shine in top-notch quality merchandise like this. I'd consider it a way to honor both Jim and Richard.

Bunsen, Beaker, Pepe, etc. are nice, but having Rowlf and Scooter made first makes more sense to me in a line like this.

Of course, if any of the EM band are made, I'd want Floyd to be first, even if the other band members aren't made. Why? Well, aside from being Animal's (owner?) being by the wild drumer's side, Floyd got cheated the first time around with the Sideshow busts!

That's an interesting idea about Sesame Workshop following suit with the replicas. However, I don't think Terry Angus would be looking forward to a super tight deadline and a house full of dyed turkey feathers!:crazy:

Convincing John
  20. Perfectly true. If we base the fact that the guys buying the new replicas were the same kids buying the Muppet merch back in the 70s/early 80s, those would seem to be the obvious "main seven". I wonder how MR see it?