Fuzzyface on Sesame Street

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Does Anybody Remember Fuzzyface (The Green Grover) on Season 1 of Sesame Street? According to the Wiki he had an abbrasive Personality. Can Anyone give me any specific Details about him?

Cookie fan

Reaction score
Vague memory...

Very vague recollection of Fuzzyface (was that his name seriously?...I had no idea!). A sketch featuring Ernie with some balloons, Ernie had problems counting the balloons; so here comes Fuzzyface (aka Green Grover) and pops the balloons one by one and the problem is solved albeit in a rather odd method.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I saw Fuzzyface on TV once, I could tell he must have been a really early version of Grover. I don't remember too much about the sketch, but I was slightly shocked at how harsh he was.

Well, Frank Oz did say Grover was "organic" character and developed on his own over time.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Was Grover ever referred to as Fuzzyface in any skits? Was Fuzzyface his original official name?

It's interesting that some people say that Grover's personality wasn't developed in the first season, because I know of three first season Grover skits where his personality seems to be similar to how it is now. There's the skit where Kermit wants Grover to demonstrate "in", and Grover does this by getting beside, under and on a box (Grover still makes a lot of mistakes like this), and there are two skits (the original near and far skit and the first and last skit) where Grover gets worn out after demnonstrating something.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
So in other words, your saying that he was some kind of a Bully?

Cookie fan

Reaction score
My memory of him is very vague, he did not look at all like the lovable character that he is today. He definitely looks better blue. Probably he wasn't aware of the things he did affected others. (I use those terms loosely). Even when he was blue, remember the way he ran up to Kermit and slap his back? (You know, Heeyyyy Froooggyy Ba- Beeee!) I wouldn't consider him a bully then, I would more consider a character like Beautiful Day Monster bully-like in demeanor.