1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Gabi & Miles

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Katzi428, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

In the 70s-80s,before dating and marrying Luis,Maria dated David. In the 80s (90s?) Gina dated Savion.Does anyone think that Miles & Gabi will become a couple?
    (This is all despite racial differences & to show kids on SS that people of different races can get along.Some kids are in interracial families.PLEASE don't fight in this thread.)Another member of this forum & I were discussing it & we think Miles & Gabi would make a good couple.
  2. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I would be that other member! And I agree that Gabby and Miles would be a wonderful couple if they dated. It seems to be the way the writers may be going. Then again, they have been good friends for a long time and it's not like there have been any other girls Miles could be dating. All in all, Kathy's ideas are very clever on this.
  3. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well Miles and Gaby already get along, but that do seen kind of destend for each other.
  4. Big Bird Fan

Big Bird Fan Member

I always figured they'd get together. Here's the way I see it:

Gabi and Miles fall in love and get married.
    Gabi inherits the Fix it Shop when Maria and Luis retire.
    Gabi hires someone to help her since Miles will most likely have another career.
    Eventually they have a baby.

At the very least, I think we can all agree Gabi will inherit the Fix it Shop. Plus, if Gina can adopt a baby from Guatemala, I don't see why we can't have Gabi and Miles get married and have a kid. Gina adopting a baby from Guatemala is much more controversial.
  5. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me,BB Fan!:)
  6. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

He's banned. That's inappropriate language for this website and for everything that Jim Henson ever taught us! Don't reference the problem posts please.
  7. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Well with that out of the way.

I just heard Susan & Gordon singing Picture A World on MC radio. Maybe the producers could have them sing that song.
  8. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I have a question while we're still on this topic. I know Miles was played by three actors, but was Gabi played by anyone else after Sonia's daughter left? I noticed that Muppet Wiki states that Desi wasn't on the show until 1993 and Gabi Monzono (actually Rose Regan) left in 1991.

The reason, I'm asking is because I watched the scene with the original Elmo's Song on 'You Tube' and at the end they called for Gabi. That was in 1992, so I wonder who would have been playing her if she came out. Just my curious mind. Lol.
  9. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

I think Desi took over right away. The Wikipedia like the IMDB isn't always correct.
  10. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I though Elmo's song was from 1990, But I could be wrong.
  11. BradFraggle

BradFraggle Member

Gabriela Rose Reagan played the role from 1989 - 1990 and Desiree Casado took over in 1993 and continues today (check Casado's official cast bio on SesameWorkshop.org and Muppet Wiki). There is a gap from 1991-1992 (season 23) where someone else was in the role, however I don't know who that was.
  12. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I remember seeing Gabi In Season 24, but I though it was still her daughter.
  13. Daffyfan2003

Well, thanks for the info. I'm still a bit confused though. If Gabi Rose Regan was still playing the role in 1992, she would have been only three years old. I don't think BB, Snuffy and Elmo would be calling for somebody that young. Then again, I guess it is possible, considering Elmo's only three and a half. Actually, Ilikemuppets, you could be right about 1990 and maybe what it says on the description at You Tube would be incorrect. Though if that were the case, Gabi would only be a year old.

No offense, Mike, but I think I'm going to go with the theory that there was someone else playing her from 1991 to 1993 before Desi came along. Whoever it was, probably didn't get much airtime and was probably unknown, unlike Inani Patterson (the second Miles) who was on the show for quite a while.
  14. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Hmmm...Maybe it was from 92 Bur I remember seeing a lot of Gaby during the 92-93 season. I remember duing the sponsers seh got out of Maria hands and started runing around the set and her and Luis were chasing her aroung back and fourth, LOL!
  15. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Gabriela Rose Regan. So that's Maria's daughter's full name?

Anyway here's more about it. http://www.sesameworkshop.org/parents/advice/article.php?contentId=108946&
  16. Daffyfan2003

According to Muppet Wiki, that's her full name. Apparently Sonia Monzono married a Mr. Regan and she kept her maiden name on the show. Lol. I'll check out that article.
  17. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

No, Gabriela Rose Regan is Sonia Manzano's daughter. Gabriella Rodriguez is Maria's daughter.
  18. Daffyfan2003

Yeah. I checked Sonia's article on that and apparently I was wrong. Sonia said that her daughter was to be on the show for three years before she was replaced so in "Elmo's Song" from 1992, it probably would have been Gabi Rose Rgan running around the set. What I don't get is why they were calling "Gordon! Gabi!" I don't know why they would have been together. At the time, you'd think she might have been with her parents, unless Gordon was babysitting or something. It might have made more sense if they said "Gordon! Miles!" or "Luis! Gabi!" Just thought I'd point that out.
  19. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

Maybe they like alliteration.
  20. doctort13

doctort13 Member

Howdy gang, I've been out of the loop for a bit...

Are Gabby & Miles still on the Street? The times I have watched the current season I have not seen them. I did catch the season premier with Susan's nephew. Did he replace Miles?