Galavant "Thoughts"

Muppet Master

Reaction score
While this is nowhere near a new trailer, I found a trailer for a new mid season ABC show, take a look.

I do not care what anyone thinks, but this looks really good in my opinion. While the story may not seem original, but it just looks so hilarious, and the songs are so catchy, and all, it just looks like something never before made. The concept is so awesome, though sadly as it is a mid season replacement, and only 8 episodes have been made then I doubt this will last sadly, unless it gets double digit ratings. So what do you guys think about this new fairy tale comedy.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The humor seems a tad corny, but the songs seem fine too (especially what seems to be the theme song at the end of the video, which has a lot of great meta lines).

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I think this show has some real potential, sadly I can not see it lasting long, I hope though that I am proven wrong.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I found, what seems to be, the first few minutes of the pilot:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/07/ga...er.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Seeing an extended piece, it looks pretty decent (that song is really dam-n good). I too can't see it going beyond season 1. Mainly because this seems like a niche show and his goal seems easily accomplishable, so extending the story seems hard. But, I'll wait and see. It reminds me of ABC's other replacement series, Eli Stone, which I liked. That got a second season, so this show may see more airtime if possible.

The show's supposed to premiere in January.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seeing an extended piece, it looks pretty decent (that song is really dam-n good). I too can't see it going beyond season 1. Mainly because this seems like a niche show and his goal seems easily accomplishable, so extending the story seems hard. But, I'll wait and see. It reminds me of ABC's other replacement series, Eli Stone, which I liked. That got a second season, so this show may see more airtime if possible.
Which ticks me off. We have all these television viewers whining that there isn't something new and different on television, and when we get something that goes against the grain, it's met with a hearty EEEEEEeeeeEEeeeeeeeeEEEWWW! Now, if I remember correctly, this show is by the same forces behind The Neighbors, a show that no one watched... mainly because it was after that horrible Tim Allen abomination that people watch. Their show was unceremoniously canned without resolution, and this one looks no different.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Which ticks me off. We have all these television viewers whining that there isn't something new and different on television, and when we get something that goes against the grain, it's met with a hearty EEEEEEeeeeEEeeeeeeeeEEEWWW! Now, if I remember correctly, this show is by the same forces behind The Neighbors, a show that no one watched... mainly because it was after that horrible Tim Allen abomination that people watch. Their show was unceremoniously canned without resolution, and this one looks no different.
Uhh, people did watch The Neighbors, including myself. In fact, for a moment there during the last half of season 1, where it was not after Last Man Standing, but on Wednesdays, it was extremely popular with all the great jokes and humor, and it was renewed, no show that makes it to season 2 is not something people did not watch. Then honestly, it failed, it turned into a really terrible tired cliche show that no one should watch, honestly did the writers change or something? It deserved to be cancelled in my opinion, in fact the only good season 2 episodes were the finale and the wedding one, everything else failed in my opinion. Even season 1 which was a really good season was not something new besides the alien thing which was also what happened in Mork and Mindy as well as ALF, so nothing groundbreaking everything else was a sitcom, a typical average sitcom with aliens. Also, it was cancelled, because an average season 2 episode got like 3 million views. Though I bet ABC had plans for it, heck they even released seaosn 1 on DVD, it could have been a good show, I guess. Galavant is something new, there is no fairy tale musical comedy show that I have ever heard of, this is something fresh and new, and that is why it is done for, because if it is not a typical cliche sitcom rip off of I Love Lucy, The Brady Bunch, or Seinfeld or a drama that has a story that no one can understand, but ends up getting a large fanbase, it is going to get cancelled, at least in this age.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The second season had potential. Even if it turned into a bland 4th wall breaking thing, it at the least deserved a third season, or at LEAST a half season that resolved the finale. If sitcoms were canceled for quality sake, I'm sure most of the ones on today would be canned. And frankly, a lot of terrible ones were canned last year and good riddance. Then again, most of those sitcoms would have been better as movies anyway. Mixology was one of them. It sucked, but they tried something new besides Chuck Lorre's usual "mother issue" shows.

What really gets me is how if shows that are genuinely good slip in quality, the viewers act like it's the worst thing ever, yet horrible shows no one says they actually like (but watch anyway, apparently) keep getting renewed. Last Man Standing is awful. If it was meant to bring liberals and conservatives together, it didn't. It just made conservatives look like a bunch of nasty, arrogant jerks and everyone to the left of them is just a whiny, know nothing child. Then there's Two and a Half Men which should have ended two years before Charlie went nuts and got fired. It's like it's only on as a personal favor to Jon Cryer. Glad it's finally meeting its end. And yet everyone whines about how there's nothing clever on TV.

And let's not go into impossibly high standards based on when a major property becomes a show. If it's so disappointing, there's always fan fiction. And most of it is much worse than what the professional writers come up with.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Last Man Standing is awful. If it was meant to bring liberals and conservatives together, it didn't. It just made conservatives look like a bunch of nasty, arrogant jerks and everyone to the left of them is just a whiny, know nothing child.
They did not have anything to do with politics in the first season, but somewhere along the road I guess someone decided to change the show from "Tim Allen's New Sitcom" to "The Republican Hour with Tim Allen", though there is still some good to be found when it actually is a sitcom.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Didn't even care for it before it became political. It's just a bland show with Tim as an unlikable jerk. Even Family Guy characters were more sympathetic.

What really gets me is the show "Selfie." We need a show named after the most not timeless thing you can think of, and the previews make it even worse. They crapcanned a bunch of shows because the ratings were saggy, but there's room for something that sounds so incredibly awful that there's no way it's going to get an audience.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Didn't even care for it before it became political. It's just a bland show with Tim as an unlikable jerk. Even Family Guy characters were more sympathetic.

What really gets me is the show "Selfie." We need a show named after the most not timeless thing you can think of, and the previews make it even worse. They crapcanned a bunch of shows because the ratings were saggy, but there's room for something that sounds so incredibly awful that there's no way it's going to get an audience.
That show is the worst thing to even be put on television, how did it even get on air? First off, a selfie itself is one of the most annoying and obnoxious thing in the world, but the age group it is targeting, mine, do not even watch television anymore, so seriously? The premise is stupid, and there is no need to blabber on because after the first few episodes, the show is done. Anyways, Galavant may not be likely to be renewed, but a lot of people are hyped about it on social media, so we can not just close the doors yet.