1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Game Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Fozzie Bear, Jul 13, 2008.

1. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

OK. Time to bring back that brawl game I was talking about some time ago.

Basically, it's a game where we all act like we're trying to destroy each other. For example: *A 10 ton anvil falls on the count* and the count might do something like this: *looks up, ends up being crushed by an anvil* "OOF! That's one, one 10 ton anvil!" **CRUNCH** "and one "ow!" *Lightning is seen & thunder is heard as the number 1 appears on screen & flashes*
    galagr likes this.
  2. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I got one! It's sorta like trivia but not quite. So, I call it... Well I don't know yet. I'll leave that to my go fer.;)

Anyway, you name an element from a Muppet Movie, or Fraggle Rock, or a specific episode of the Muppet show, or whatever. The next person answers the question with the answer to the element, and whoever gets it right, goes next.

Confused?
    Good, cuz I got a well prepared example.

Person 1- Motorcycle crash through window
    Person 2- The Great Muppet Caper?
    Person 1- Correct!

Is that explainatory?
  3. mostlikemokey

mostlikemokey Active Member

Was there ever a FR RPG? that would be epic. I just put this question here because I didn't know where else it would go. unfortunately don't have time to start one.
  4. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I had an idea for a fanficiton but Count says it will be better as a game. It could be called Dear Muppets, and be all of us asking Muppets questions either out of curosity or to solve problems. You can ask everyone, or just one Muppet. Then someone will answer and post a new question.
  5. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

Oooooh! I've got one! Let's do one based on our lives in High School!
  6. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Remember Fozzie's line in The Great Muppet Caper "If you put enough sugar in this, it tastes like ginger-ale!"
    A game where we find variations of the quote will be nice.
  7. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Oh, or finish the quote!
    Example: Jareth-If she ever kisses you. I'll turn you into a prince.
    Hoggle-You will?
    Next person answers-Prince of the land of stench!
    Plaid Fraggle likes this.
  8. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Two of my favorite games that I'd like to see on here:

1. The wrong answer game. Somebody asks a Muppet-related question, and then another user gives the 'wrong' answer to the question. Users can get as 'wrong' as they like, as long as the answers remain Muppet-related. After answers a question, the second user asks a different question.
    Example:
    User 1: Why is Big Bird so big?
    User 2: Because he took some of Busnen's and Beaker's Insta Grow Pills, and they haven't worn off.
    Why is Oscar the Grouch so grouchy?
    User 3: He found out that Little Muppet Monsters was cancelled.

2. Things They'd Never Say - Very simple. Choose a Muppet, and have them say something that they would never say. That's all there is to it.
    Example:
    Sam the Eagle: Lighten up, Frog. Let's turn up the rap music and party!
    Animal: Hey, Kermit, the band and I were wondering when we're getting paid.
    Miss Piggy: No thanks, I don't deserve to be the star.
  9. Vincent Liu

A revival of "Who said that?"
  10. Greengables95

Greengables95 Member

We should definitely have a "Things the Muppets Will Never Say" Thread.
  11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

1 Sorry, but I feel like the "Things They'd Never Say" has the potential to get very negatively naughty so very fast that I don't think it would be a good idea for these forums.
    2 The "Wrong Answer" game could be done if better named. Given that we have Muppet Trivia—and I don't really know if that's been turned into an every little detail quiz game now—and Muppet fans are always seeking information here or backed up through Muppet Wiki as their main sources, I think a game where imaginative answers to basic questions could cause confusion.
    3 The "Who Said That" and "Finish the Muppet Quote" have potential, perhaps merged into one similar game?

Hope this helps.
  12. Mo Frackle

I do vaguely remember seeing a "Things They'd Never Say" thread on here a few years back, but I guess it got removed. Anyway, I understand that it can get out of hand.
  13. The Count

Which is why we need game hosts who can keep an eye on all the posts as gameplay goes on, mindful of when things start to get out of hand, reporting it to mods so we can then step in if needed.
  14. Mo Frackle

I understand. I wouldn't mind moderating a game, but frankly, I really don't have the time.
  15. Greengables95

Greengables95 Member

I have some suggestions:
    1- Last One to Post...Wins: Basically, the person who posts last on every page wins.
    2- Famous Muppet Openings and Endings, Can You Guess?- One poster tells an opening or ending line from any Muppet project, and the poster shall give three guesses to what it is (that is three other posters). If one person gets it before this happens, they shall win. If no one gets it in three posts, the poster of the quote shall win.
    3- TPBM (The Poster Below Me)- One poster has to say something that may or may not be true about the TPBM (like TPBM likes to eat cookies) and TPBM answers it.
    4- TPAM (The Poster Above Me)- One poster has to say something about TBAM (like TPAM likes Arthur) and etc.
  16. Vincent Liu

A revival of Muppet Bumper Stickers.
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  17. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

Muppet Mad Libs might be a fun idea. Basically, someone chooses a song or sketch (or makes up one of their own), and takes certain words out. Of course nobody knows what the story/sketch/whatever is. The poster makes a list of the types of words that are needed, like noun, adjective, verb etc. Everyone else comes up with words until the list is complete, then the poster shows the final product. To keep it fair, everyone gets a chance to suggest at least one word.
  18. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

A Muppet Smilies game! :)

Here's my thinking:
    1. Person posts two (or maybe more) smilies next to each other.

Example: :dreamy::grouchy:

2. Next person comes up with dialogue between the characters that results in the characters' expressions (i.e., what emotion they 'stand' for). How this dialogue will be limited is through the limit on smilies for each comment, for each line will be denoted by character smiley.

Example:
    :dreamy:: My fellow Fraggles! ...And, Monsters! I call this one, "Snow." [clears throat]

Water water in the sky
    Floating sadness, floating by
    Rush upon the earth with haste
    Silent blessing
    Blanketing waste

:grouchy:: "Blanketing waste?!" YECCH!!

3. The person who creates the dialogue "answer" like the one above can then post new smilies for the next "answerer!"

I think that's all pretty clear :halo: One thing I was thinking of is denoting whether a round is "lax" where you just use the smileys to come up with a short imaginary dialogue between the two characters, or whether it is "strict" and smilies' actual expressions matter in the dialogue. Each has strengths and weaknesses.
  19. The Count

Replying...

1 Muppet Mad Libs, I think that already exists. Search for it, and if the last post is too far back from now, we could start up a new version for 2013.
    2 Muppet Bumper Stickers, unsure of that game's rules, so I can't comment.
    3 Smilies Game, it has merit... But we already do that in RPG's or regular posts when we're interacting with a particular smilie character. Also, people might use their own custom-made smilies from the Muppet Smilie thread and those of us who are blind wouldn't know which character it is.
    4 The Person Above/Below Me, no, I don't think these are good ideas. You know there's the ziffling you know will take place that will screw up gameplay.
    5 Last Person to Post Wins, again, this is not a good game idea. What do they win? And it'll devolve into a post-padding race just to be the person to get the last post on a page. That kind of fluff we already have and don't need more of on the forums.
  20. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

I searched, but couldn't find Muppet Mad Libs anywhere.