Game Thread Priviliges

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
In response to a recent conversation, I need to point out some of the forum's history to newer members, hopefully at the permission of the forum's administrator.

In 2004, we had various popular RPG threads, perhaps none more so than the one titled "The Senior Members Hottub Thread". This thread was reserved for those forum members who had obtained the title of Senior Member, having amassed a total of 1000 posts to garner said title under the version of the forums that existed back then. For members who had not yet gotten said status, there were two tolerable options: either post in the Hottub thread so long as they remained in what was known within the thread itself as the "kiddie pool" section; or go post in the equally popular Bathtub thread started by BethC, where all you needed to post was 1 single post to your name.

Because of the popularity, as well as the prestige of the Hottub thread, some of the newer members who joined the forums back then went on what the administrator and the forum staff at that time refer to as "post count padding", going on excessive posting rampages solely for the express point of having their status switched to Senior Members. Behavior similar to this nowadays is flagged as spamming, and we handle those issues as necessary under our granted mod powers to keep the forums clean. Unfortunately, as a result of the post count padding by these twerps, the entire Games section of the forum got locked. No new threads could be created by any ordinary member. If you wanted a game-type thread to either continue or be started, you had to contact a member of the forum staff, specifically the ones who had been labeled with the title of "Gamemaster" which no longer applies. Because of that, to this day members of the forum staff are the only ones who can start a thread in the Games section. Members are encouraged to either post in the Games Suggestions thread or contact a moderator regarding their game for proper creation.

So the next time you go off claiming a moderator has taken away your ability to post a thread in the game section, study up on forum history by asking first instead of launching a petition seeking other members' backing to get a moderator to restore said rights to you individually.
:attitude: :grr: :grouchy: :scary:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm kind of thankful for that rule though. Because there have been many half-baked ideas for games I have had in the past, and I think it is good to run them by someone before posting them, and having a bunch of useless unread and unposted threads in the Games section.