Garfield and Friends voice artists

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

This week, I'm focusing on the neat series, Garfield and Friends that had been seen on Saturday mornings for 7 years and all the episodes are on DVD now. It had a very great voice cast.

LORENZO MUSIC: Garfield
THOM HUGE: Jon Arbuckle, Binky the Clown, Roy, Gort
GREGG BERGER: Odie, Floyd, Mailman, Orson
HOWARD MORRIS: Wade, Wart
FRANK WELKER: Booker, Sheldon, Bo, Mort
JULIE PAYNE: Liz, Lanolen
DESIREE GOYETTE: Nermal
VICTORIA JACKSON: Penelope
PAT BUTTRAM: Cactus Jake
CARL BALLANTINE: Al Swindler

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now why couldn't Lorenzo Music provide Garfield's voice in those two live action movies?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I know, unfortunately he died in 2001. I loved his voice, especially on Garfield and Ghostbusters. I imagine the reason they picked Bill Murray for the live action Garfield movies is because they did have similar voices (having played the same Ghostbuster!)

Xerus

Reaction score
Yeah I know, unfortunately he died in 2001. I loved his voice, especially on Garfield and Ghostbusters. I imagine the reason they picked Bill Murray for the live action Garfield movies is because they did have similar voices (having played the same Ghostbuster!)
I've read somewhere that Billy West, the voices of Ren and Stimpy and Phillip J. Fry, can do a pretty good Garfield voice.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Garfield & Friends had top-notch voice artists! This was one of my favorite Saturday morning cartoons. It's impossible to read the strip without thinking of Lorenzo's voice.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Another voice that Lorenzo Music did that i loved was "Tummi Gummi Bear" from the "Adventure of the Gummi Bears." That's the fat Gummi Bear that he did the voice for too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh wow, I didn't even know Lorenzo Music was dead. RIP

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Loved the series, even got to watch it before my sight got worse. They had three different theme songs... And great humor in all the episodes.
If you want something different, check out Lorenzo Music's voice work in the animated feature The Adventures of Mumfie. A funny twisted Christmas tale, if it can be called that.

janicegroupie

Reaction score
Garfield & Friends had top-notch voice artists! This was one of my favorite Saturday morning cartoons. It's impossible to read the strip without thinking of Lorenzo's voice.
I know what you mean. Garfield will always be Lorenzo Music's Garfield to me. That was such a totally awesome show! I still enjoy it to this day!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Same here. I've only so far got the first volume of the show. I don't know if i'll ever get the rest. I for some reason just stop there. But i really love the show and can't get enough of the movies. I would love to maybe see another one or maybe a new speical or something like that. I have hundreds and hundreds of Garfield stuff that i've bought from ebay. I bought two boxes full of Garfield stuff from this guy and gosh you should see the stuff. It's lots of old Plushes from back in the 80's. My mom would love to get rid of all my stuff i collect but i just can't part with it.