Garfield Fans

Erine81981

Reaction score
I recived my collection today from Ebay. Ya'll should see all the stuff I got. I've never seen this much of Garfield merndice in my life. Neat stuff, little stuff, Plushes, Books all sorts of stuff you could think of. Man I'll try to some time put some pictures up on the computer to let ya'll see all the stuff.

Klonoa

Reaction score
Ah, I bet my Garfield collection is bigger. :smile:

Haven't really been doing too much Garfield collecting stuff lately as I have been rather disenchanted over the comic strip over the past few years. Somewhere along the line it either stopped being funny or my sense of humor just changed. I have enjoyed the recent crop of Garfield DVDs, though.

Either way, now video games and its ilk are more fun for me to collect now. The only collection bigger than Garfield is my Pac-Man collection!

--Klonoa
Any Pac-Man fans here?

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I have some garfield items I picked up and are going to post them on ebay Australia soon.

P

Philo and Gunge

Eh, his alright. My friend's sister's teacher is a big Garfield fan. I read the comics frequently.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
Ah, I bet my Garfield collection is bigger. :smile:

Haven't really been doing too much Garfield collecting stuff lately as I have been rather disenchanted over the comic strip over the past few years. Somewhere along the line it either stopped being funny or my sense of humor just changed. I have enjoyed the recent crop of Garfield DVDs, though.
I gotta agree. I love Garfield... but the comic strips... they look and read boring. They don't have the same charm, like you know... the strip evolving from one weird sketch... hey seem like they're there to fill out the news paper comics section. Then came the movie, which was disappointing by every standard. I skipped it. I mean, Garfield was waaaay too hyper active (from what I could tell)... he seemed more like the energetic Heathcliff than his old lazy sarcastic self. And Jennifer Love Hewit really mucked up making Liz caring and sympathetic (instead of pittying) to Jon Arbuckle. And why was Garf the only CGI? Ugh... at least it got us the long awaited DVD's, which seem to be flying off the shelves. Hopefully they'll release the Christmas, Halloween and Thanksgiving specials soon...

Erine81981

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I gotta agree. I love Garfield... but the comic strips... they look and read boring. They don't have the same charm, like you know... the strip evolving from one weird sketch... hey seem like they're there to fill out the news paper comics section. Then came the movie, which was disappointing by every standard. I skipped it. I mean, Garfield was waaaay too hyper active (from what I could tell)... he seemed more like the energetic Heathcliff than his old lazy sarcastic self. And Jennifer Love Hewit really mucked up making Liz caring and sympathetic (instead of pittying) to Jon Arbuckle. And why was Garf the only CGI? Ugh... at least it got us the long awaited DVD's, which seem to be flying off the shelves. Hopefully they'll release the Christmas, Halloween and Thanksgiving specials soon...

Here you go Drtooth.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ref=sr_1_3/002-0749313-7772048?v=glance&s=dvd

Klonoa

Reaction score
Well, the Garfield movie wasn't too terribly bad, but it certainly isn't something I'm going to go race out and buy the DVD (unless it has some really really amazing bonus features). But yeah, I agree, the best thing to come out of that movie was the cartoons on DVD. And I have never seen the Thanksgiving special on TV. I have the book--I know it exists, but I've seen all the other Garfield TV specials...except the Thanksgiving one!

I reviewed the Garfield movie on another Web site if you'd like to take a peek at it:
http://www.gamerdad.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=330

--Klonoa

Drtooth

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
But yeah, I agree, the best thing to come out of that movie was the cartoons on DVD. And I have never seen the Thanksgiving special on TV. I have the book--I know it exists, but I've seen all the other Garfield TV specials...except the Thanksgiving one!
That's because it only aired once. I have the tape, but it's pretty old. It was pretty weird, more like a 1/2 hour episode of Garfield and Friends (without the Orson segments) than a full blown holiday special, but still really great to watch.

I don't know if Lightning will strike thrice but...

You know what would be sweet? If Babes and Bullets, Garfield's 9 lives, and Garfield's Feline Fantasies came out.....

any time now.....

(whistles and waits)

Klonoa

Reaction score
I have Garfield: His 9 Lives on videotape. Doubt we'll see that one again. I read an article a LONG time ago that the 9 Lives book was moved to the adult section of the Library of Congress. That 9 Lives book is defintiely something the Jim Davis Empire wouldn't do today. Too creative and risky.

--Klonoa
:stick_out_tongue: :grouchy: