Garfield Movie Characters

Erine81981

Reaction score
I need some help here. I found out most of the other animal characters that will be on the Garfield movie and I wanted to know if anyone has ever seen or heard of theses characters and if so could u tell me if they've been in the cartoon or comic stip.

Brad Garrett voicing Luca

Alan Cumming voicing Persnikitty

J.D. Crew voicing Trix

Walter J. Chapman

Spanky (forgot to get the voice actor)

Hope someone can help me. Thanks.

P.S. Is Louis that mouse thats in the comic strip and cartoon?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Brad Garrett and Alan Cumming being in the movie is cool, but I'm not familiar with any of those characters.
Erin

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dunno... I'm still teetering over the edge if I want to see this film or not. It looks passible, but I just don't like a bunch of things in the movie, especially how Garfield is the only CGI animal in the movie, and Odie is a regular dog (amoung others).

man... I'm totally dissappointed in Jim Davis. When i was little, he was my hero, and garfield was one of my inspirations to be a cartoonist. Now, he makes this movie, and he quit the comics a while back (just signs the boxes) and I really feel betrayed by him. I do still like Garfield, but more of the older stuff.

When Jon ripped off the nose of the fiberglass clown at a fast food drive through and yelled in it was the last great strip of the series.... :cry:

Whatever

Reaction score
I won't see it, but I never see any movies...

Klonoa

Reaction score
I've never heard of any of those characters. Where's Pooky, Arlene, Nermal, etc?

I, too, am also a bit disappointed with Jim Davis and his Garfield strip. It used to be so funny. Maybe my tastes in humor have changed, but to me it seemed that Garfield was better when I was younger. Now I just don't know. I do know that I don't care much for Jim Davis' lack of involvement with the strip.

I'm also pretty 'blah' about the movie. I know I can't judge it without seeing it first, but my gut feeling is pretty bad.

If you ever want to read the most UNUSUAL and creative Garfield book, try to find Garfield: His 9 Lives.

My favorite more recent Garfield strip is the one where Garfield makes a mouse spin around so fast he barfs in Jon's coffee cup.

--Klonoa

Drtooth

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
If you ever want to read the most UNUSUAL and creative Garfield book, try to find Garfield: His 9 Lives.
I have a copy, but alas, it was free from a library, with half the pages Missing. (It did have the first half, though...I have the special on tape somewhere... but it's old)

As for Nermal and Arliene... they're gonna be in the movie (If I recall, Debra Messing was going to play Arlene....)

Once again, there already WAS a Garfield movie, an animated feature in the 80's, which didn't do well at the box office (I gather... I've never heard of it past the conceptual stages).

The4 only good that can come out of this is seeing Garfield specials, etc, finally come out on DVD.... been wanting to see Babes and Bullets....

Erine81981

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
I've never heard of any of those characters. Where's Pooky, A, Nermal, etc?

I, too, am also a bit disappointed with Jim Davis and his Garfield strip. It used to be so funny. Maybe my tastes in humor have changed, but to me it seemed that Garfield was better when I was younger. Now I just don't know. I do know that I don't care much for Jim Davis' lack of involvement with the strip.

I'm also pretty 'blah' about the movie. I know I can't judge it without seeing it first, but my gut feeling is pretty bad.

My favorite more recent Garfield strip is the one where Garfield makes a mouse spin around so fast he barfs in Jon's coffee cup.

--Klonoa

I'm with everyone that I only like the old stuff but I haven't read that much newspapers to know so I just like it. Didn't know he stop doing the strip. Is this so? Thanks I was about to explain to u they are in the movie. I'm doing a window display down where I work (Goodwill). I was on ebay last night looking at some old stuff toy, figuriens and books that I was looking at the movie poster to buy and I saw those names and wonder who they were but that Mouse is the one from the comic and cartoon. The one voiced by Nick Cannon.

Lazy J

Reaction score
Hi Ho
I would like to way in on some of the comments here. First of I am not objective, I am a Huge Garfield follower, have toured Paws Inc and have meet Jim Davis (and his parents for that mater) twice. So If I sound one sided its only because I am.

“man... I'm totally disappointed in Jim Davis. When I was little, he was my hero, and Garfield was one of my inspirations to be a cartoonist. Now, he makes this movie, and he quit the comics a while back (just signs the boxes) and I really feel betrayed by him. I do still like Garfield, but more of the older stuff.”

That’s not what I saw when I toured the studios last year, and I haven’t heard of it changing. True Jim does not draw very line of the comic you see in the paper. He comes up with the gag, makes a rough sketch of it and then it gets handed off to the Paws artists they draw a final version, once it is Ok’ed by Jim, he signs it and it gets shipped to the papers. There is a great explanation of this on a TV special that aired on CBS celebrating Garfield’s 10 birthday, He turned 25 last year (I got a piece of the birthday cake in fact). It is my understand that all the Garfield comic strips since at least 1983 have been made that way.

“Once again, there already WAS a Garfield movie, an animated feature in the 80's, which didn't do well at the box office (I gather... I've never heard of it past the conceptual stages). “

I respectfully dispute this statement. TV shows Yes Feature film, No. This summers GCI movie will be the fat cats first trip to the box office.

I whole heartily agree with the following statement…
“The only good that can come out of this is seeing Garfield specials, etc, finally come out on DVD.... been wanting to see Babes and Bullets.…”

I am trying to remain open minded about the movie but I wish they could have just given a 2 hr cartoon or mixed 2d and real live like Looney Tunes Back In action did. But this June a DVD with 3 Garfield specials comes out and the first season set of the Garfield and Friends series comes out in June.

Klonoa

Reaction score
Is that right? I always did like the Garfield animated cartoons.

--Klonoa
Trivia Question: An old sitcom featured Jim Davis and Garfield. What was it?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Lazy J said:
I respectfully dispute this statement. TV shows Yes Feature film, No. This summers GCI movie will be the fat cats first trip to the box office.
that's what i thought, but someone says they've actualkly seen it. maybe it was direct to video? I dunno... but then, a lot of movies in the 80's, especially cartoon ones were obscure. There was even a Heathcliff movie, which I also have never heard of. I still need proof that this movie actually did exist, though. It could have, it could not have. Unless I find real proof, all I have was that one guy's testimonial, and a hunch....