Garfield Speical: "Garfield gets a life!"

Erine81981

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of this speical? I had never heard of it until I heard about the Garfield as himself DVD was in the making. Was it the only 1991 Garfield speical to be made in the 1990's? Its the first for me. I remember most of the old 80's speicals but never this one. It was pretty fun to watch just not like the old ones. Are there any others I have never heard of from the 1990's?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
What is this special about? I was always a huge Garfield fan, and I remember many of the specials. Jog my memory (not too hard)...

Erine81981

Reaction score
Garfield gets Jon a date. Jon has a book that he goes by on how to get dates. Its pretty cool just not like the old ones back in the 80's. Thats about all the whole speical is about. Hope that helps? There u go.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Garfield gets Jon a date. Jon has a book that he goes by on how to get dates. Its pretty cool just not like the old ones back in the 80's. Thats about all the whole speical is about. Hope that helps? There u go.
Wow--I don't think I've ever seen that. Strange... Maybe I'll have to check out the dvd...

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one who taped this special back when it first aired. :embarrassed:

Klonoa

Reaction score
I TRIED to tape the Garfield Gets A Life special when it first aired, but my VCR messed up. Luckily I had the Gets A Life book so I knew what it was about.

I have a book called Garfield's Thanksgiving but I never saw a TV special of that. Only other Garfield TV special I never saw was the 10th Anniversary special I heard about once.

Luckily now that I have the new Garfield DVD I can finally see Garfield Gets A Life. I also have Garfield: His 9 Lives on tape.

--Klonoa

McFraggle

Reaction score
I think I may have watched this years ago. I remember Jon dating. Is there another special that has Jon dating as the primary focus?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Slightly off-topic, but did anyone read "Garfield's Judgement Day" way back when? It was originally supposed to be the "Garfield Movie," so I didn't read it because I didn't want to spoil the movie for myself. Then they didn't make it, and I never ended up reading it...

Erine81981

Reaction score
I have that one. Its ok. I never knew that. Thats neat. I thought it was a special at first but since it didn't say on the book what # it was like all that other Garfield books that tell u what # the special was. Its ok but the whole books about a hurrcan comes to wherever they live and all the animal live. Thats about most of the whole books about them ecasping a very wild storm buts thats neat to know that would of been the movie. Cool facts to know.

Klonoa

Reaction score
Yeah I have that book, but I didn't know what it was supposed to be. Very interesting.

Garfield: His 9 Lives (book and animation) was also quite weird, unique, and creative.

--Klonoa