GARGOYLES on DVD Next Year!

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Found this great bit of news on tvshowsondvd.com:

Fans of the animated hit Gargoyles probably know the name of Greg Weisman. For those of you who skip the credits, though, Greg describes himself here at the Station 8 Gargoyles Fan Site this way:

"My name is Greg Weisman. I was one of the creators and producers of the Gargoyles television series (which is, as you all know, the 100% property of the Walt Disney Company). Gorebash and I have set up two pages here at Station Eight so that I might be able to answer your questions about the show and/or ramble on about anything vaguely Gargoyles-related that strikes my fancy."

Thanks to Rob T, who made us aware of an update to the questions and answers on this website. If you scroll down a bit on the "Ask Greg" page, you'll find this note that was posted just last Thursday (Apr. 24):

"Gargoyles DVD

Hey gang -- Good news and bad news time.

I was contacted by John Hanna at Buena Vista Home Video (or whatever the division is called now).

The Gargoyles DVD is definitely ON. As some of you know, I had been concerned since I hadn't heard from John in a long time.

The "bad news" is that it has been moved back to 2004 release to coincide with the TENTH ANNIVERSARY of the series.

As bad news goes, that's sorta cool. "

We think it's kinda cool ourselves! Anyone who has never treated themselves to this show should at least look into it...especially if you are also a Star Trek: TNG fan, considering that Gargoyles cast regulars include the voices of Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis, and at times have been visited by such voices as those of Michael Dorn, Brent Spiner, Nichelle Nichols, Kate Mulgrew, Paul Winfield, and David Warner! Other marvelous voices on these series include John Rhys-Davies, Ed Asner, Tom Wilson, Frank Welker, Tim Curry, Robert Culp, Cree Summer, CCH Pounder, Sheena Easton, Peter Scolari, Laura San Giacomo, and W. Morgan Sheppard.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
This is cool,I'm gonna have to get this when it comes out. will it go by seasons or what?

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
That's my guess. But then again, it's a short-lived cartoon series; they could just release a box set.

wolfy

Reaction score
Oh, PLEASE release a boxed set of the entire program from beginning to end!

The kids and I loved "Gargoyles" and were SO mad and upset when they (a) changed the time it was being seen on television, (b) took it OFF regular broadcasting television to place it on Disney cable TV (which we didn't have at the time!) and (c) put it on DTV so late a night that none of us could really get a good viewing of it, especially when they started jumping episodes all over the place, going from one season to the next and so forth!

YES...we would definitely buy a boxed set of the complete "Gargoyles" series! As soon as anyone knows when, where, how...all those great question words, we're there!

Goliath, we MISS ya!
Aaaaaaaarrrrrroooooo!
wolfy

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Hopefully, GARGOYLES will be just the beggining. WDHV needs to release more classic television shows onto discs, such as GOOF TROOP, DUCKTALES (Which are some of the toughest videos to find now) and TALESPIN. And QUACK ATTACK on DVD would be awesome. It is such a short-lived show, anyway (Shorter than an average cartoon series, I think), the entire series would fit on to two discs).