General Mills Cereal DVDs

Joe

Reaction score
didn't think these were gonna be out for a while, but we were in the grocery store today and they had a sale on Honey Chex. Only those (so far) have the DVDs on them.

the DVDs are full length features, not just clips!!

Buddy (movie by henson, have no idea what this is, I probably should though.. no description is given on the box)

the Muppets Take Manhattan!! (the only one they didn't have :frown:)

Bear in the Big Blue House (two episodes) (also some games)

Jackie Chan Adventures (two episodes) (the cartoon show)

each DVD also has the standard AOL trial..

beaker

Reaction score
Wow, and I thought these wouldnt be out til later next month...thanx for the scoop! From the sounds of it, Columbia and JHC arent skimping on these...$20.00 retail value dvds, man!

Luke

Reaction score
I doubt it's a $20 retail DVD - it's OEM and probably doesn't have the extras, and some ads or something on it. They aren't stupid enough as to give away a product on the shelf for free.

Joe

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
Ooh! Ooh! Which episodes of Bear?
we just got Buddy (because no one eats Honey Nut Chex) (I realize I've seen it before, but I can't remember it) and it doesn't tell what episodes of bear/jackie chan are on the DVDs on the box.

the Buddy DVD has the Bear games on it though, there's an I spy game (bear is thinking of something and you have to click on what it is), fridge magnets (you drag the 'magnets' onto the 'fridge' to make a picture, and Go Fish with Tutter. (the card game)

what I found interesting though is that TUTTER CHEATS!!!
On my turn I'd ask for say, Soccer (the cards have sports on them) he'd say "Go fish!", I'd draw a card, then he'd ask me for Soccer!

anyways, hopefully they'll be on better cereal (sugar!!) soon.

beaker

Reaction score
*Checked several grocery stores...unfortunately I think this is an east coast thing as usual for now:frown:

*I wouldnt doubt it's a full release...though that is pretty cool, a full Bear dvd or MTM to introduce to a whole new generation.

*Just interested in the Bear dvd...which two episodes were they?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Unfortunately I do not have a dvd! And if they are in boxes of cereal, I'd imagine the quality is pretty bad. And it just stikes me odd that we have JHC movies AND Jackie chan cartoons. I know they're both Columbia, but still....

As for the "Full length feature" (Buddy and MTM) I'd ratehr go out and buy them "physically"then get them free in a box of cereal. It's like choosing to buy a CD, or down load it from the internet. One has better quality, and there's more to it.

Besides. There's something unwholesome about them being free......

(Hoping the Jackie Chan episodes are not ones I have on tape, or seen a million times before)

radionate

Reaction score
Dr Tooth,

I doubt seriously that the "quality" on these are less then then any other DVD you would buy. The main difference is that there are no real extras so to speak of (audio commentary, etc). They would be foolish to release the DVDs with inferior quality as to picture, sound, etc. as it would reflect badly on the full length DVDs they are trying to sell.

I know that I will pick up the MTM, Buddy, and BITBBH, as any Henson promo DVD is worth a box of cereal (but I don't eat the cereal, so I will have to give it away). I checked at two different stores over the weekend, and the only promos on boxes I found were Disney Music CDs on the new Disney cereals, an O-Town poster, and some Beauty and the Beast spoons.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>As for the "Full length feature" (Buddy and MTM) I'd ratehr go out and buy them "physically"then get them free in a box of cereal. It's like choosing to buy a CD, or down load it from the internet. <<

Oh yes, those cereal people...releasing Muppet dvds without the consent of JHC!

>>>One has better quality, and there's more to it. Besides. There's something unwholesome about them being free......<<<

Yes, because we'd all rather pay $20.00 msrp than $5.
As for quality, its not a vcd, its a dvd...hence it would have the exact quality as the dvds, give or take some promotional material.

I dont understand why the concept of full feature dvds inside a cereal box is so out there to some. Its all about promotion.