1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

General Muppets Palisades Discussion

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by meepmuppaphones, Mar 23, 2012.

?

Which character would you have wanted to see as a Palisades figure? (Not Mini Muppets)

1. Wayne

1.8%
  2. Angus McGonagle

10.5%
  3. Bobo the Bear

15.8%
  4. Mahna Mahna and the Snowths

28.1%
  5. Sal Minella

21.1%
  6. Louis Kazagger

7.0%
  7. Nigel (Muppet Show)

8.8%
  8. Mutation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Wanda

1.8%
  10. Trumpet Girl

3.5%
  11. Behemoth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Boppity

1.8%

1. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

Just curious, did Disney ever contact any action figure company to revive the Muppet action figures? Or at least make a new line with more details to the action figures or something just as good as Palisades? Why did Palisades go bankrupt or shut down. I thought they were doing very well with their quality work.
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

It's not that Palisades shut down or went bankrupt... It's that they got bought out by a company called Licensed by Cas in February 2006 which effectively ended the company as we knew it.
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Wasn't Palisades on the verge of going bankrupt though...and Liscenced by Cas pretty much stepped in an attempt to save them, yet failed miserably? That's what I remembered happening...dunno for sure, though.
  4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

That Palisades was on the verge of bankrupcy is possible... But Licensed by Cas never went in to "save" Palisades, Cas bought out Palisades outright, turning said assett into their own entirely new company, so it's not like Palisades would have then continued with their name and brand under new management titling.
  5. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

Hey just wondering what's the least rarest and the most rarest palisades muppet figure excluding exclusives and playsets any info would be apprieciated thanks :)
  6. los

los Active Member

Count, where can I find more info on Cas. Just curious on why they bought palisades and not continue any of the work in progress.
  7. Rhys

Rhys Member

Hey guys just a quick question, what is a good price for the backstage playset and if u are selling 1 please pm me thanks
  8. Mister Muppet

Unfortunately there all very high priced and after some ebay searches most i have found are well over 1000 pounds
  9. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

The skinny on Palisades is this.

Palisades Toys was a small yet brilliant company that wanted a high-profile flagship license like the successful World of Simpsons line. They looked into Disney and Warner Brothers before agreeing on Jim Henson's Muppets.

The figures transcended the quality of their peers and were a hit with fans and collectors. However, the Muppets never really had a consistent media presence during this time. There were not that many active projects and it became increasingly harder to get retailers interested in the Muppets line. Ultimately the Muppets brought Palisades both professional prestige and financial hardship. For that reason, any other company would have been justifiably reluctant to pick up the series where Palisades left off.

Palisades Muppet figures exist in a special golden moment for fans that is not likely to happen again. At least not on that scale or level of detail. I still hope that Disney produces another Muppets line in the future. It won't likely be like Palisades, but it could still be great.
  10. Mister Muppet

Hey does anyone know why Lips is high priced is it because there was not many made
  11. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that is one of the reasons...I think that less Lips made than other figures. I'm pretty sure that all of series 9 had smaller production numbers, though not sure if Lips had even less?

Though the interesting thing I always find is that the other EM musician with 3 variants, Zoot from series 3, also goes very expensive. Does anyone know why this might be? I've often wondered if because there were 3 variants, less of each one were made as opposed to a figure with only one clothing option, though this is purely a guess.
  12. Mister Muppet

I thought that I heard that series 3 had a low production run and I never knew that Zoot had 3 diferent variants I thought there was only two
  13. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Oops, actually I think you are right. For some reason I was stuck on the mindset that there is the regular light brown one, the dark red one, and a silver one, but now that I think about it, I think there were only two.

I didn't know that series 3 had a low production run, that could be a reason for Zoot's expensive prices then. Though I can't help but wonder why it would be that Scooter, Rowlf, and Lew Zealand aren't as expensive if that's the case.
  14. Mister Muppet

Yeah there were only two variants of Zoot you maybe thinking of Lips as ther were 3 variants of him

whenever I look for a Rowlf figure they seem to be expensive Sometimes over £100
    yet Lew Zealand and Scooter always seem to be less money than Rowlf and Zoot
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right...for some reason I was thinking there were three of both, when there was really only three of Lips and also Johnny Fiama (which I'm pretty sure do not run at high prices).

True, Rowlf does seem to be somewhat expensive, at least more so than some figures of that series range.
  16. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

One thing that's interesting is that whenever figures had a piece of removable clothing, it was always off in the packaging (with the exception of every Swedish Chef figure wearing his hat in the packaging). I wonder why the removable clothes was separate. Other toy lines would have removable hats, glasses, and other clothing on the figures inside the packaging. Did Palisades do this with its other toy lines? The only other toy I can think of that had removable clothes separate in the packaging is I.Q. from James Bond, Jr. (anybody remember that show?) having his glasses separate in the packaging.

This reminds me, one night during that time I looked at all the characters on wishlists and kept track of how many times each character appeared on a wishlist and who was listed the most-to-least. I no longer have that list. Too bad I wasn't a member of this forum or the Palisades forum at the time (I did sign up for membership of the Palisades forum the week I became a member here, but never got the confirmation e-mail to verify my account). I think of the fan favorites Lips and Uncle Deadly were on the most lists.
  17. Mister Muppet

Does anyone know why series 3 of the Muppet Show figures came with the ordinary Palisades Stand and not the Mupppet Show 25 years stand as they were still celebrating 25 years at the time of release
  18. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I know that they originally planned on dropping the stands altogether for series 3, then suddenly decided to include the different stands instead. After that series 4 and 7 were released without stands.
  19. bobby bensen

bobby bensen Member

Just got these from family and friends :

Jim Henson
    Adventure Kermit
    Blue variant Floyd
    Beauregard
    Usher Scooter
    Dr. Phil Van Neuter
    Patrol Bear Fozzie
    And Muppet Minis set 1: Thog Mahna, and Sam
  20. bobby bensen

bobby bensen Member

My Collection at this point :

Series 1:
    Kermit
    Piggy
    Dr.Bunsen
    Dr.Teeth
    Muppet Labs with Beaker

Series 2:
    Fozzie
    Floyd and Variant
    Crazy Harry

Series 3;
    Scooter
    Lew Zealand

Series 4:
    Link Hogthrob

Series 5:
    Gonzo with Camilla
    Muppet Newsman

Series 6:
    Clifford
    Patrol Bear Fozzie
    Swine Trek Bridge with First mate Piggy

Series 7:
    Johnny Fiama (Silver Variant)
    Beauregard

Series 8:
    Movie Usher Scooter
    Dr. Phil Van Neuter

Series 9:
    Pops with Gaffer

Exclusives:
    Tuxedo Kermit
    Vacation Fozzie (red shirt)
    Super Scooter
    Vacation Pepe (Toy fair)
    Animal (Killer Toys)
    Sweetums
    Jim Henson
    Uncle Deadly (Regular, and Stepping out)
    Muppet Penguins
    Invisible Beaker (Give away)
    Invisible Fozzie
    (sign by Michael Horn) Holiday Rizzo (don't no witch "sleeves" I have I wont open it)
    Adventure Kermit
    Ghost of Sam Arrow
    Cabin Boys Gonzo and Rizzo
    Santa Chef

Muppet Minis:

Wave One:
    Sam
    Thog
    Manaha

Wave Two:
    Bob Cachet with Tinny Tim
    Marley