Generic Fraggle

Goochman

Reaction score
Can anyone share (of their own design), suggest a pattern that I can purchase on the inexpensive side or offer advice on how I could make my own pattern to make a sort of generic fraggle? I'm trying to make one for my niece for her birthday, I have all the supplies and the idea in my head, but I"m still too new at this to have the skills to make a pattern of my own. I guess if I had to choose a basic shape, I'd say it would be more like Red, I'm giving it pigtails like she has but it's gonna be purple with white/silver hair.
:excited:

Puppetainer

Reaction score
Well, the Melonhead pattern from Project Puppet would be in the neighborhood of what you're going for. I know it may seem like I'm constantly pointing you towards the Project Puppet stuff...well, because I am! What can I say? I've looked around out there and tried to find other patterns. Nothing else I've found has come close. It's the fastest way I've found to get started and come out looking like a pro right out of the gates.
:big_grin:

Animal31

Reaction score
You really think melonhead pattern would do it? I always thought they were more of a sock puppet pattern - though extremely stuffed!

Puppetainer

Reaction score
Well to be completely honest Animal I agree. The Sock Puppet Pattern does give more of the correct nose shape, but I was just thinking that with the Melonhead you wouldn't have to worry as much about stuffing the head. Also a couple of the examples in the Project Puppet gallery show a shape that's not too far off of a Fraggle. Either way Goochman I think you'd be well served with a Project Puppet Simple Series pattern...just NOT a Pinhead.