Genius Entertainment has slowly rereleased DVDs

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm not sure how many of you are aware of this, but in the past year Genius Entertainment seems to have been slowly rereleasing the Sony Wonders Sesame Street DVD releases, with new packaging, but mostly the same stuff as the old releases. I've rarely seen any announcements for these releases in advance, not knowing about them until seeing them in the stores.

Some of the rereleases include:
  • 25 Wonderful Years
  • The Best of Elmo
  • Christmas Eve on Sesame Street
  • Learnign About Letters
  • All-Stra Alphabet

I think I've seen a few others, but can't remember which ones. They appear to have the same video content as the old releases, with no new features. I haven't bought any of these rereleases. I recently saw some of these in two-packs at Target. Stickers refer to them as exclusive, and they are two packaged releases wrapped in plastic (even some of the Sesame Street Double Feature releases were among these). Though I feel like some of them were in the exact same packaging as the old releases.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Thanks for posting- I've seen the new "25 Wonderful Years" packaging, but none of the others yet. It's good to know that they're still creating "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" DVDs!