German Muppet McD's Commercial

Stulz

Reaction score
Anyone know if there are clips of the German McDonald's Muppet Happy Meal figures up on the web. I hear its' really, really bad and uses a stuffed animal of Kermit instead of the puppet.

I heard it might ne on the web somewhere, anyone know where to find it??

radionate

Reaction score
It's not on their web site. The Beauty and the Beast promotion goes on til the 21st in Germany.

Stulz

Reaction score
Commercial

ok... I hear it IS up on the net somewhere though, and is currently or about to run on TV In Germany.

radionate

Reaction score
My guess, following the corporate minds of McDonalds, would be that the spots will start a day or two before the promotion kicks off.

I am very curious to see the spot now too.

Luke

Reaction score
I just heard that the Muppets are most likely coming up at McD's in the UK too but there might be a week before that where they might just do the standard barbies or hotwheels cars !!!!!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke

Hey,
Where did ya get that news from ?

I hope its correct !

Anymore news on the Rowlf/Sam thing ?

See ya

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Warrick,

It was from someone with good contacts in the Mcdonalds press office ! :wink: I'm not sure how many toys it would be or when, but it seems to be coming to the UK at some point before christmas.

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
okay...

so the german company calls up henson saying they want kermit for a commercial.

henson says, "sure it'll be x amount of money to have the puppet and steve-o flown out to do it."

the german company says, "just send s the puppet and we'll do it."

henson says, "no, we don't work like that." there is no reply from the german comapny. after about a week, henson e-mails the company, "well, we're willing to work on negotiating the price for it if you'd like."

the german comany says, "no thanks, we've filmed it already." they gutted a kermit plush and used it in the commercial. henson is not too happy, but what can they do? it's the company that owns them.

now there is a mpg of the commercial out there somewhere. i haven't seen it, but i may. i'll of course keep you all posted.

jf

crazy ernie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
I just heard that the Muppets are most likely coming up at McD's in the UK too but there might be a week before that where they might just do the standard barbies or hotwheels cars !!!!!
You mean the gender steriotype toys.

chrischaloner

Reaction score
Hello everyone. This is my first post, although I've been "lurking" for a few weeks now.

Just caught the end of a commercial for McDonalds with Kermit in on ITV1 during Superman 2.

I just checked, and the UK McDonalds site now has a Muppet section with a couple of games and other things. :smile:

It's at http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/kidszone/main.asp