Get ready for some Muppet nightmare fuel

cjd874

Reaction score
Wowwww, Mo. Those fingers are actually creepy. :eek: Still not as creepy as Piggy's fighting eyes from TMM.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
There's a shot of the Giant Animal that only appears in the extended edition. It's scarier than the the scene as a whole. Here's a screenshot from my copy. Gaze on those creepy spider-like fingers. I dare you to!
NOOOOOO:eek:!!! Make it go away!!! Speaking of extended editions, I've never seen this clip, so I guess it wasn't on the copy I own. Maybe it'll be on the upcoming TMM Blu-ray? There was A LOT of things that creeped me out about TMM as a kid, including giant Animal, Sweetums, and the entirety of the "German Mad Scientist" scene.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
This has scared me out ever since I first saw TMM. I still can't watch this part of the movie because Piggy's eyes are waaaay too freaky. At least there's audio so I know when it's over.
I used to be terrified with Statler as the doorknocker in Muppet Christmas Carol myself. Didn't face my fears until early High school.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Speaking of Germany, anyone ever seen those weird Ernie & Bert parodies "Bernie and Ert"? Unfortunately I won't post any clips because they are really TV-MA. lol But still really funny. These parody puppets of Ernie & Bert with one eye. And they're formatted like a typical Ernie & Bert sketch where Ernie tricks Bert into something except it's more dark humor and obscene subject manner. Though still very slapstick. Bernie gets in trouble with the police and sets up Ert and runs away, stuff like that. lol My favorite is the voodoo one, I don't think it's that obscene but I don't know German much and I have no idea what they're saying in the dialog so just to play it safe, I'll describe the sketch. Bernie of in this sketch has a crystal ball and tries to call Ert's father's spirit then has a Darth Vader kind of voice, Ert fants on the floor then gets back up. Bernie curses Ert with a Voodoo doll and starts poking it, Ert reacts to it. Bernie gets bored and throws it over the ledge and suddenly the Ert puppet is thrown in the air, over the ledge. No legs, just the waist - up puppet with the rod still attached to the arm. Me and a friend of mine where laughing like crazy on how cheap that was. lol

I guess these sketches were for some late night Germany comedy show, like SNL but darker and more satirical I guess. They did a bunch of these but I'm not sure if any of them ever seen the light of day of DVD release because I guess they either got in trouble with Sesame Workshop or feared they would so they slowly stopped the sketches. The final ones, they dressed the characters in leather suits (covering their whole face and shirts so they could get away with the parody more so without copyright infringement) outside a nightclub and that's that. lol

I've read something about how Ernie & Bert are really popular in Germany. I love Ernie & Bert, they are my favorite Muppets of Sesame Street. :smile:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
NOOOOOO:eek:!!! Make it go away!!! Speaking of extended editions, I've never seen this clip, so I guess it wasn't on the copy I own. Maybe it'll be on the upcoming TMM Blu-ray?
Most likely not. The extended version was only included on the UK Virgin Video release back in the 80's. The version we've been seeing for years apparently comes from a different source, and that's most likely what we'll be seeing on the Blu-ray release.

Though this makes me wonder where Virgin Video got their copy of the film?

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Most likely not. The extended version was only included on the UK Virgin Video release back in the 80's. The version we've been seeing for years apparently comes from a different source, and that's most likely what we'll be seeing on the Blu-ray release.

Though this makes me wonder where Virgin Video get their copy of the film?
Man, the UK seems to get a lot of exclusive Muppet footage. I just looked up "Muppet Movie Extended" on youtube and several clips came up from "the 97 minute UK cut." This is new to me, so I'll have to check them out.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
There was lots of deleted scenes too like Waldorf and Statler in weird places commenting the movie like on a camel or in the restaurant. lol Also wasn't there an alternative ending to Muppets Take Manhattan where Kermit talks to Gonzo asking why he didn't play the minister and Gonzo explained that Miss Piggy hired a real one to trick Kermit into getting married. It was in the storybook and the marvel comic version but never in the final film.

Yeah UK got extra Muppet footage, even with The Muppet Show and Muppets Tonight I think because at the time they got less commercials and more show then in American television or something like that. I'm not sure why they got more footage in The Muppet Movie though.

By the way, speaking of Muppet nightmare fuel lol. I remember reading on the forum years ago on how many fans grow up got terrified when they seen Ernie on the sketch "The Count Sleeps Over". When Ernie wakes up and didn't get any sleep. "Forty Three Thousand" and Ernie slowly walks like a zombie with his arms out and his eyes were slightly more human like with the bags under his eyes. lol I was never got freaked out on that sketch. However, I did have a nightmare once as a kid where it starts with Ernie dancing himself to sleep and the Ernie who didn't get sleep came out from a door and started growing bigger and scarier and ended up eating poor Ernie. Yikes! Okay, so maybe it did scare me a little bit. lol