Get ready for some Muppet nightmare fuel

Mo Frackle

Reaction score

Why is Dr. Teeth's skin BROWN? Isn't it weird that Gonzo is the one dreaming about Miss Piggy? Say, why didn't Miss Piggy get her own button?
And Sweetums...oh my god... (shudders)
Remember Gonzo briefly had a crush on Miss Piggy during the first season (I'm thinking these are from around the first season). And yet another company misspells Fozzie's name.

cjd874

Reaction score
Remember Gonzo briefly had a crush on Miss Piggy during the first season (I'm thinking these are from around the first season). And yet another company misspells Fozzie's name.
Ah, yes. The crush that lasted for only about two episodes.
Wait...I completely missed the "Fozzy" goof-up. A big "Tsk, tsk" to the company that misspelled his name.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
I've seen SEVERAL articles that mentioned that Digit was nightmare fuel. A good example is this article right here (Digit is #7). Given what they said, I can see their point. I think there even was a time when Digit creeped me out, and now look at him, being one of my fave Muppets ever. :electric: Also, is it bad that I got a chuckle when they mentioned the back-alley lobotomy thing?

Actually, I'm quite surprised that the thread has gone on for this long without even a single mention of Digit, or The Jim Henson Hour in general. The show was full of some freaky stuff, man.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I like the illustrations of the first season Muppets but Sweetums looks creepy. lol

snichols1973

Reaction score

This is Beakie, not to be confused with Beaker......:eek:
She made appearances in TMS eps. 307 (Alice Cooper), 412 (Phyllis George and the "Fred" awards), 422 (Andy Williams), and 524 (Roger Moore).....

Beakie looks something like a movie Gremlin with rainbow-colored cotton candy makeup.....

Beakie - Muppet Wiki

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I've seen SEVERAL articles that mentioned that Digit was nightmare fuel. A good example is this article right here (Digit is #7). Given what they said, I can see their point. I think there even was a time when Digit creeped me out, and now look at him, being one of my fave Muppets ever. :electric: Also, is it bad that I got a chuckle when they mentioned the back-alley lobotomy thing?

Actually, I'm quite surprised that the thread has gone on for this long without even a single mention of Digit, or The Jim Henson Hour in general. The show was full of some freaky stuff, man.
I personally love Digit as well as how around the late 80s when the workshops were experimenting with more of the molded rubber puppets. It kind of gives a Spitting Image look to them like in the Mother Goose Stories series and The Ghost of Fafthner Hall (I still haven't seen a full episode of that yet, it's on iTunes but only in the UK :frown: ). There's something that I heard on how Roger Law and Peter Fluck went to a Jim Henson lecture and there's a story I don't remember what source I've read it from on how Jim was asked to help out on Spitting Image and Jim turned the offer down. I'm looking through my copies of Tooth and Claw and Roger's autobiography and couldn't find it. lol

Anyway my favorite Jim Henson Hour Muppet would probably be Leon, plus Leon is my favorite character performed by Kevin Clash. Especially when he was on The Bill Cosby Show taking all his money in the Cliff's Nightmare episode. lol

I think the scariest Muppet I've ever seen is "The Nightmare".
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Nightmare

mupcollector1

Reaction score

This is Beakie, not to be confused with Beaker......:eek:
She made appearances in TMS eps. 307 (Alice Cooper), 412 (Phyllis George and the "Fred" awards), 422 (Andy Williams), and 524 (Roger Moore).....

Beakie looks something like a movie Gremlin with rainbow-colored cotton candy makeup.....

Beakie - Muppet Wiki

I just love the duet with Alice Cooper. Louise Gold I believe did Beakie's singing voice until it's revealed that Beakie is in fact Miss Piggy under Alice Cooper's spell. Wow what a coincidence, Louise worked on Spitting Image. I can't wait to see the return of her and Annie Sue Pig in the new movie and see Miss Piggy get childishly jealous over her fan when she's with Kermit like in Season 3. lol

You know what I was thinking a few days ago, just how creepy it was when Kermit's arms were ripped out (I think it was the flying monkeys scene) when he was the scarecrow in Muppets Wizard of Oz. I can certainly say, that scene was quite scary to see.