Get ready for some Muppet nightmare fuel

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Looks like a "haters gonna hate" picture.

Anyone else spot Minnie Mouse here?

As for that video you couldn't get to play, it doesn't appear to be from the murder mystery show. It's basically just a bunch of people dressed in cheap Sesame walk-around, dancing to loud music.
Hmm, must be a Halloween party? :smile:
I had to look up what "haters gonna hate" meant. I sure don't know my memes.
The thing that disturbs me about those cheap mascots is all of them are wearing money bags. It's a good thing I don't see that at Disney World or Six Flags.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Who knew Bigbird had such a femenine figure if you ripped off his feathers.

robodog

Reaction score
I once spoke to someone who was terrified of costumed characters like that. When asked why they simply said "What if there's no one inside"

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I once spoke to someone who was terrified of costumed characters like that. When asked why they simply said "What if there's no one inside"
Oh yeah like phobias. I think there's a fear of puppets phobia too. You know, I actually contacted a mental hospital seeing if there's a way that I can be a paid volunteer to help people get over that fear. Seriously, I think it was a good deed I thought of possibly doing and of course, nobody contacted me back.

Didn't Maury Povich do phobias all the time? My dad watched that guy all the time, I wasn't much of a fan. It's like he's always mean to people on his show. :frown:

Anyway, does anyone remember the show Invader Zim at all? The creator Jhonen Vasquez did these dark humor comics that sort of scared me when I was in middle school to the point where I went straight back to the comic book shop to get my money back. Today I feel different about it probably because over time my sense of humor gained a more wicked side. lol Anyway there's this Tickle Me Elmo spoof that was really crazy.

I love how he recites Goth Poetry. There was lots of Goth kids when I went to High School.

robodog

Reaction score
A lot of people have a fear of puppets and dolls. Considering all the movies that involve them coming to life and killing people it's not surprising. I'm kind of wierd. Puppets that look too human creep me out, but take that look and place it on a robot and I'm fine with it. I love robots no matter how they look. Animatronic dolls don't bug me but inanimate ones do. My cousin once left her Cabbage Patch Kid at my place just to bug me.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
A lot of people have a fear of puppets and dolls. Considering all the movies that involve them coming to life and killing people it's not surprising. I'm kind of wierd. Puppets that look too human creep me out, but take that look and place it on a robot and I'm fine with it. I love robots no matter how they look. Animatronic dolls don't bug me but inanimate ones do. My cousin once left her Cabbage Patch Kid at my place just to bug me.
Oh yeah totally. My personal favorites are Meet The Feebles and Puppets Who Kill myself. I'm renting Season 2 disk 2 using Netflix, the show really cracks me up. But when I was a kid, I was sort of against rude puppets doing quite adult things but now I love it. I think when I became an adult, I started to gain a more dark satirical sense of humor. lol
You know, this thread is a lot of fun. A place where I can enjoy my love for The Muppets as well as Dark Humor. :smile: I'm also a fan of bad B-movies. I think me and my friend watched "Pinocchio's Revenge" and just laughed on how corny it was. And the voice of Davy from Davy and Goliath was the voice of Pinocchio. Although his mouth didn't move until later. Still it can't beat the Jim Henson's Creature Shop version of Pinocchio. I remember seeing that in the theater and just freaked out when the marionettes were set of fire. I got to see that movie again, it's been awhile.

I might have mentioned already but for years I was so freaked out over Statler as the doorknocker in The Muppet Christmas Carol. I think I didn't face my fear until I was a freshman in High School. lol I remember someone starting a thread titled what Sesame Street sketch frightened you as a kid and I know for me it was this computer generated short with fish counting and then a shark comes and says ONE! I can't find it on the internet.

Though it seemed like Ernie not getting sleep from The Count sleeping over Ernie & Bert's place was the top sketch that was most discussed. lol
So Get Ready For Some More Muppet Nightmare Fuel. I feel bad for Ernie not getting sleep. It should have been Bert because the sheep brought Bert outside while Ernie was dancing himself to sleep. lol

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Personally I thought this clip was creepier when The Count puts the curse on Ernie and Bert. Well I'm glad they all got along later, even though Ernie couldn't get any sleep. lol

snichols1973

Reaction score
These Muppets with human eyes pictures are rather freaky because Scooter's picture looks a bit like Annoying Orange while Kermit looks like a lime: :eek:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Scooter's picture looks a bit like Annoying Orange
Yeah, I was just about to mention that. Which reminds me, I've read Annoying Orange got sued from I think an Orange Juice advertisement company due to doing that kind of effect filing the mouth and eyes onto an animated orange.

You know what kind of freaked me out as a kid, was "We're Ugly" The song from The Muppet Show. It was the scenes where the camera would zoom into Big Mama or the Crocodiles mouth. :eek: