Get ready for some Muppet nightmare fuel

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Nothing will beat that one bizarre comic from Big Boy Restaurants. Fozzie's a human!
Manny Stallman was the artist on those comics. That was just his style. He once got a nasty letter from a Big Boy customer who bought one of his comics. The letter basically said "change your style, it stinks". This left the poor guy in tears. Stallman kind of reminds me of Gonzo. An artist with a weird vision, but one that means a lot to him.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I'm not really insulting it. I just think his art style is bizarre.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Maybe his style could've been useful for something...like, a wacky animated film or something.

Slackbot

Reaction score
When I first saw this I thought that the penciler and inker for those comics were two different people, and the inker knew nothing about the muppets and had no reference material. So he misinterpreted the pencils, turned Fozzie's ears into hair, gave Floyd pupils and a sex change...

You can tell that the artist(s) had reference photos of Henson. The rest of the art...well, they might have glanced at some reference material on the Sesame Street and TMS characters at some point in their lives...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Nothing will beat that one bizarre comic from Big Boy Restaurants. Fozzie's a human!
Wow, that comic is strange. I don't think the artist and/or colorist had ever seen the Muppets before. You'd think they would have sought out a picture of the Muppets before working.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Wow, that comic is strange. I don't think the artist and/or colorist had ever seen the Muppets before. You'd think they would have sought out a picture of the Muppets before working.
As I said before, that was the artist's style. I'm sure he had references (I doubt he would have been able to get Bunsen Honeydew in there if he didn't have a reference). He just liked to give his art a more off-the-wall look (not saying that I'm a fan of it, though).

los

Reaction score
Whew. I thought all this time I was wrong. But what is Tweety?