Getting a Muppet theme park

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Now now Daniel, let's not settle for less here! I'm not saying I don't like Harry Potter, because I do, but it consists of 7 books, the last of which hasn't been released yet, and 5 film versions of those books.
The muppets, on the other hand, have had several movies, a more-than-healthy number of TV shows, and countless specials and appearances, both live and televised, under their collective belt. Not to mention they're altogether 50 years old! I think if they can make a Harry Potter theme park, they're more than capable of giving us a muppet theme park, with all the trimmings!
:smile:

Teheheman

Reaction score
Yeah, but all I was saying was that you should be happy with getting a ride or 2, maybe a restaurant or something instead of a WHOLE section dedicated to them. I mean, Mickey doesn't even have his own section.

Daniel

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
Technicly no but there is toontown with the houses of Mickey, Goofy, Donald Duck, Minnie, and others. If Disney can do that they can build a Muppet section or at least a replica Of the Muppet Theater, and other things from The Muppet Show and movies. Send the ideas to Disney.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Really? I didn't even know about a Toontown like that.
Actually, it also makes more sense for them to do it for Mickey than for Harry Potter. All-in-all, I do think we are entitled to everything.
:smile:

muppet baby

Reaction score
i know Toon town is great i that at Disneyland .
if disney can do that they can build a muppet secion some where Muppet babies would be so great . or the chief resterant , or all that together along with muppet labs .:smile:

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
I think it would be cool if Disney had Kermits swamp and you could go in it and see Kermit sitting on has log Singing and interacting with you. This would be great. They are working on this. Its being done with Bunson and Beeker. We just have to write them with our ideas.

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo maybe you can send our ideas to Disney on behalf of us. That would be great.

Jonathan

Reaction score
Back in the Early 80's and 90's there was a plan to do just that. When Disney was Planning on buying the muppets, and building MGM Studios, there were plans for MANY more muppet attractions. Here is some stuff I remember

MUPPET STUDIOS

This area was to be in the surrounding areas around Muppet Vision 3D.

The Great Muppet Movie Ride: This was odiously a spoof of the "Great Movie Ride", With the Muppet Twist. Gonzo was supposed to Narrirate and guide you though the ride as the director. There was a Scene with Frankenstein with Bunson Playing the Mad Doctor, and Beaker as the Monster. An a Peter Pan scene. There are alot more deatils about this that I cant really remember, But it was suppose to be hilarious, and one of the parks main attractions. It was already being built when the Henson/Disney deal went sour. Its would be location would have been at the end of New York Street.

The Swedish Chef's Kitchen: This was supposed to be the restaurant in this area. Gonzo and Rizzo would have been constatly poping in on video monitor around the restaurant to give you updates on the kitchen, which was in 100% Chaos. Every once-and-a-while a poof of smoke and feathers would seep through the pitched doors

Lou Zealouns Fish Market: A Muppet Themed Store

Also at Disneyland:

The Muppets where suppose to Take over Disneyland in the 80's for an Entire summer! All the Disney characters would have left, and the muppets would be in charge. The Matterhorn would have been turned green with a Kermit flipper on it, and there would have been total muppet madness.

The muppets were also supposed to have the "Toontown Opera House" Built for them to screen Muppet Vision in. While the theater was being built the show would be screened in "Great Moments of Mr. Lincoln". Angry Lincoln fans where outraged at this, and the plans were abandoned

This is SUCH a shame none of this happened. When Jim Henson Died, and Disney did not buy the Muppets, all these plans where abandoed, even though most of the buildings where already/already have been constructed. There where even signs around the Park reading "MUPPET STUDIOS COMMING SOON", and a Lifesize Sweedoms cutout holding rodin and wearing consturtion gear carring a sign saying "MUPPET STDIOS COMMING SOON"

But I Dout you will EVER get anything more muppet from a disney park

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
Jonathan that was 1990. Noone should ever give up hope. Send Disney the ideas.

BEAR

Reaction score
Remember that there is a whole area of Disney-MGM Studios dedicated to the Muppets. So it's not like they don't get any attention. Plus, have you seen the detail that went into the Muppet*Vision 3D attraction? It's amazing. The lobby area with all those props and trunks and things. Plus the inside looks just like the Muppet Theater. All your ideas are great though.