Getting back into puppet building, looking for some advice

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Sorry I was wrong- Self harding clay yes LOL I'm at work and multi tasking LOL So YES use self harding. Sorry guys.
No problem at all. :wink: I'm pretty busy with stuff myself. lol Quarry Letters galore basically. lol Anyway, there's ways to buy clay and latex cheaper then stores like AC Moore right? I remember years ago before buying stuff online, I would go to AC Moore or Michaels or some kind of craft store and the self harding clay and latex were the same brand and it was the only place I knew where to get it. They were both sold in small abouts. The self hardning clay was in a small box as big as a hand and it was like between $11 and $15 each and the small can of latex was even worse lol $30 per small can. And when I mean small can, I'm talking about a small jar of Peanut Butter size type container. But thank goodness for the internet and all it's available possibilities of purchase. In fact in general, I rarely go to the store to buy anything anymore. lol It's so much cheaper. But that's mostly Amazon for me.

One of the things that I've noticed was I've had difficulties building with flat foam a lot but it slowly imporved though in terms of clay and sculpting, it just came nature I suppose. Plus I learned some skills in my high school years as a freshman as well working with clay. I really want to learn digital sculpting because now there's computer software where you can make CGI clay sculptures and turn them into CGI models for animation and mocap and such like Autodesk Mudbox (which I really really really etc WANT BADLY) but that's another story. lol

I still remember the tools I used, the needle was my favorite because it's kind of like a pen. Anyone know of some online stores that have cheap prices on huge amounds of clay and latex foam? I would like to work with liquid latex foam and not so much that latex that would turn yellowish after mainly because I discovered liquid latex foam is way more flexable to make a puppet while regular latex is more harder and wobbly like I previously mentioned. But in a way where I won't need any kind of dangerous equipment and to tick off the landlords and such. lol Well until I get a place of my own that's not rent of course. lol