Getting episodes directly from Sesame Workshop

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had no idea that you and sawing14s were, in fact, one and the same. Cool.

ssetta

Reaction score
I still don't think you completely understand what it is we want. We demand justice and will not stand for it. I say we all gather and actually go to the Workshop and protest. Like we should all throw a tantrum or something until they get us episodes. How's that sound?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I still don't think you completely understand what it is we want. We demand justice and will not stand for it. I say we all gather and actually go to the Workshop and protest. Like we should all throw a tantrum or something until they get us episodes. How's that sound?
Over a TV show?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It sounds like it would be rather childish, immature, ludicrous, and that you may have some inner issues that you might need help dealing with.

ssetta

Reaction score
Over a TV show?
It's not just any TV show. It's a TV show that's been on the air for 45 years and has done more than 4,000 episodes. They have them all sitting on shelves and they won't let people see them. We're not the ones being selfish, it's the people at Sesame Workshop who are.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Like we should all throw a tantrum or something until they get us episodes. How's that sound?
I think the idea of throwing a temper tantrum to get ones way is very funny, but I also feel like it's the wrong way to go about this. Though I don't know what the right way is beyond hoping and patiently waiting for more.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Their not being selfish their running a studio/business. They can release what they want when they want and how they want. I am happy with the old school and 40 years boxsets as they are. That's plenty of material right there. Releasing a 4000 episode series of any caliber in this day and age isn't really cost effective. Since SST reuses many of the same skits anyway, the only things we'd be missing are street scenes, sad as it is. But I think SW has been very generous when it comes to releasing material both classic and modern.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Very few people have been around as long as me, and remember when these episodes were brand new. I was extremely thrilled when footage from the first dozen episoes or so surfaced a few months ago. Anything from that era is worth its weight in gold to me, and thank you rugratskid, hooperfan, and tiny dancer for sharing your wares with us.

There are a number of other gems from the first five seasons I'd love to see again before I die. But throwing tantrums or acting like I have a sense of entitlement because I'm as old as the show itself isn't going to bring any positive results.

Even if you could get your hand on every episode (and devote a good chunk of the rest of the year to watching them all), would you be satisfied, or still want more?

Schfifty

Reaction score
That sounds like a ridiculous idea. I mean, protesting Sesame Workshop simply because they're not releasing more old episodes? Come on...we can be more flexible than that.

I would love it if they released more episodes, too (as it would more certainly benefit the wiki), but I'm afraid the main solution to the problem is to be patient. Somebody will find an old episode in their tape collection and maybe tape trade with someone else, or put it on YouTube. Even plenty of members here on the forum most likely have at least one episode or skit from their collection. But for now, there's not much to do except be patient.