Getting the Jokes (Ten years later)

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
I always liked the sketch where Kermit and Piggy sing "waiting at the church" where Miss Piggy has a pillow under her dress to look like shes pregnant

OR! this sketch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbXzpoH6m2c

NEVER got this till I was older- and boy is it SOOOOO much more funny! Gotta love the mating calls Frank Oz makes LOL (if you cant watch it, its the Koozebanian Mating Ritual narated by Kermit LOL

Oh the shape of their mouths, AWESOME
SOOOOOO dirty

Super Scooter

Reaction score
That one is hillarious.

One I didn't get until just last night while thinking of it:

MASTERSON: Do you believe in interspecies dating?
BROOKE SHIELDS: Well, I've dated a few rats before, if that's what you mean.

When I was a kid, I always thought she meant she had dated literal rats. Last night I was thinking about the scene, and realized she was referring to men who act like rats... who'da thunk it?

Nekoshema

Reaction score
You remember when E & B were playing a counting game and when Bert says "I eight the sandbox" and Ernie says "how'd it taste, bert? (laughs)"? OMG! That was the funniest thing I ever heard in my life! seriously! I "eight" the sandbox! lol!
lol. my firends say 'Om-nom-nom' all the time, as a way to ask if what we're eating's good or if we're hungry, and a while back, after a year of saying it, a friend of mine just screamed 'Omg! Cookie Monster :insatiable: goes om-nom-nom!' and we laughed, cuz that's where we got it after all. :wink:

lol, we still say those jokes, i'll tell them the sandbox one next time i see them, thanks for the line :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh. Thanks for explaining that for me.
OOOOOHHHHHHHH! I *just* got that now! That's pretty sad.
Aw, thanks guys, now I don't feel so bad, hehe. Though I think this just proves the joke was just as bad as Fozzie feared it would be. Lol :stick_out_tongue:

MASTERSON: Do you believe in interspecies dating?
BROOKE SHIELDS: Well, I've dated a few rats before, if that's what you mean.

When I was a kid, I always thought she meant she had dated literal rats. Last night I was thinking about the scene, and realized she was referring to men who act like rats... who'da thunk it?
That's exactly the kind of joke that you can put in a family movie where the kids will laugh without losing their innocence, and the adults won't be bored, hehe. :wink:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I'm watching the Texas Telly episode of SS, and I'm noticing lots of Indiana Jones references that most young children wouldn't understand. Of course, I've only seen the first and most recent I.J. movies, so there might be more references that I didn't notice, but so far, there was a boulder scene, and at one point Telly said, "Snakes, why did it have to be a snake?"

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
ok, I had one of those moments just this week

So I was watching A Muppet Family Christmas and it got to the part where Fozzie is singing with the Snowman and maybe its because I just could never understand what they were saying (I really think that was it) but here is the joke I JUST got

Snowman: oh its always cold at Christmas

Fozzie: oh Christmas time for Santa Clause and his 8 dancing Reinbear

Snowman: thats Reindeer

Fozzie: no thats snow darling!

:big_grin: NOW I GET IT! HAHAHA! My husband looked at me like I was crazy....

here it is at 2:22 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IbLaMgCkxg