1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Ghost Writer

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by Kimp the Shrimp, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

.anybody else get addicted to this incredibly corny (yet so entertaining!) PBS show of the early 90s? I know I rushed to the TV every weekday afternoon at 4:30 to tape it. I fell in love with the characters and when I went to NYC I'd actually look around and hope to run into them....heh. I even wore the pen necklace. I loved how the show had so many guest stars (and how Samuel L. Jackson played Jamal's Dad in the first 2 eps.).

Anyway, I managed to contact Mayteana Morales (the first 'Gaby' on the show) and found out she's pursuing a singing career. I would love to find out where all the other cast members are these days. I googled all their names and found out that David Lopez ('Alex') voiced a gangster in GTA San Andreas. I still see Marcella Lowery ('Grandma Jenkins') in commercials all the time.
  2. Don'tLiveonMoon

Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

I watched the show sometimes. My brother loved it. :cool:
    Erin
  3. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

WOW, that brings me back! I used to watch that all the time. :D Don't remember a whole lot, though.
  4. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I loved that show. I watched it everytime it came on. One episode I remember is the one where they write a story about that toy. Some grape googy character. That one comes to mind.
  5. Andrew T

Andrew T New Member

To be honest I wasn't a big fan of Ghostwriter when it was in production: I thought it was a notch or two down from the quality of Sesame Street or Square One TV, and only watched it sporadically. I've come to appreciate it a bit more over the years: It helped reinforce problem-solving skills, and some of the mysteries are a bit fun to follow. I own "Ghost Story" on VHS.
  6. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I remember that show well!
  7. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah! Used to love this show! It really has such an amusing and engaging quality to it!
  8. ngreen522

ngreen522 New Member

LOVED IT! I used to get the magazines from my fourth grade teacher! I still remember the song that the gang helped Lenny right. "aw, yeah aw yeah! You gotta believe"
  9. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Haha! That was so cool and so funny now that I think back on it. Something about the beat!
  10. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

:sing:GHOSTWRITER!:sing:
  11. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

I also liked that show. Hey, wasn't that CTW/SW as well? I watched all sorts of PBS shows back in the early 90s, including Ghostwriter (had a crush on the character Gaby), Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego? and one of my personal favorites, Square One TV.

Can we get these things on DVD too please?

BJ
  12. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yes, it was a CTW show and it was the first show to go when the government cut the funding for PBS back in 1994.

By the way, witch Gaby? Was it the first or second one?
  13. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

GhostWriter is my favorite tv show! I love that part the gang has been slimed by the slime Monster! I hope to see that again!
  14. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

I believe that character's last name was Lopez or some Latino name of that sort.

BJ
  15. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I remember that show! I loved it! I was more interested in the mystery behind the Ghost's identity, but they never did solve that one, as I recall.
  16. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well, the first actress to play her was Mayteana Morales, While the second one to portray her was Melissa Gonzalez.
  17. Libba Yuki

Libba Yuki Member

I used to love this show when I was a kid!

Man, that brings back memories.
  18. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Didn't they have sometime later after the older series ran a "Ghostwriter 2.0" or something like that?
  19. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah! I lost interest in it pretty quickly as it didn't hold up to the original! It's a classic!
  20. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I remembered it but also didn't either get to see it or didn't care being that it wasn't the classic one.