Ghost Writer

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
.anybody else get addicted to this incredibly corny (yet so entertaining!) PBS show of the early 90s? I know I rushed to the TV every weekday afternoon at 4:30 to tape it. I fell in love with the characters and when I went to NYC I'd actually look around and hope to run into them....heh. I even wore the pen necklace. I loved how the show had so many guest stars (and how Samuel L. Jackson played Jamal's Dad in the first 2 eps.).

Anyway, I managed to contact Mayteana Morales (the first 'Gaby' on the show) and found out she's pursuing a singing career. I would love to find out where all the other cast members are these days. I googled all their names and found out that David Lopez ('Alex') voiced a gangster in GTA San Andreas. I still see Marcella Lowery ('Grandma Jenkins') in commercials all the time.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
WOW, that brings me back! I used to watch that all the time. :big_grin: Don't remember a whole lot, though.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I loved that show. I watched it everytime it came on. One episode I remember is the one where they write a story about that toy. Some grape googy character. That one comes to mind.

Andrew T

Reaction score
To be honest I wasn't a big fan of Ghostwriter when it was in production: I thought it was a notch or two down from the quality of Sesame Street or Square One TV, and only watched it sporadically. I've come to appreciate it a bit more over the years: It helped reinforce problem-solving skills, and some of the mysteries are a bit fun to follow. I own "Ghost Story" on VHS.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah! Used to love this show! It really has such an amusing and engaging quality to it!

ngreen522

Reaction score
LOVED IT! I used to get the magazines from my fourth grade teacher! I still remember the song that the gang helped Lenny right. "aw, yeah aw yeah! You gotta believe"

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
LOVED IT! I used to get the magazines from my fourth grade teacher! I still remember the song that the gang helped Lenny right. "aw, yeah aw yeah! You gotta believe"
Haha! That was so cool and so funny now that I think back on it. Something about the beat!