Gilda Radner's Greatest Moments heads up

dwmckim

Reaction score
The promos for the Gilda Radner's Greatest Moments airing tonight included a clip from her Muppet Show appearance...might be worth tuning in to see how much they show - non Muppet fan bias aside, some of the stuff she did during her guest stint was among the funniest stuff in her career (and that's saying quite a lot!)

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by dwmckim
The promos for the Gilda Radner's Greatest Moments airing tonight included a clip from her Muppet Show appearance...might be worth tuning in to see how much they show - non Muppet fan bias aside, some of the stuff she did during her guest stint was among the funniest stuff in her career (and that's saying quite a lot!)
I was channel surfing last night, and I saw this commercial. I saw 3 clips that I was pretty darn sure that they were from The Muppet Show.

Muppet clips or not, I'm going to watch it!

:smile:

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
D.W.,

Thanks for the reminder and confirmation that Phillip and I weren't imagining things. We saw the commercial for the Radner special and Phillip recognized the Muppet Show skits immediately.

It should be a pretty good special even if the Muppets don't get a mention. She was a great comedian and much loved in the entertainment circle. Another one gone before her time.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Get out those VCR's!

For those who aren't already watching, there will be an interview with Kermit on the Gilda Radner Great Moments show on ABC tonight.

Ryan

Reaction score
Scred !

The Greatest moments special was terrific! Guess what? In the movie following, they featured a Scred lookalike! (guess they couldn't get the rights) He was backstage with a puppeteer (not Jerry) and accidently bumped into Laraine Newman. He said" I'm Sooo Sorry" in a scratchy voice, and Lariane pushed him away.
Pretty neat...

dwmckim

Reaction score
Well the Greatest Moments just aired here (the movie is starting - thanks for the heads up on "Scred") - there was a healthy number of clips from The Muppet Show (practically every scene she was in) and lots of Kermit quotes!

Overall a nice job and a classy tribute. The only thing missing that i thought should have been included was her classic cameo on the orignal Gary Shandling show where she comes to the door and he says hey where've you been? and she says as perkily as possible "Oh, I've had cancer"! One of her last performances and a total willingness to make light of her darkest moments!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Re: Get out those VCR's!

Originally posted by Cindy Chapman
For those who aren't already watching, there will be an interview with Kermit on the Gilda Radner Great Moments show on ABC tonight.
Luckily, I recorded it.

And I must say, I was quite happy that "The Muffin Show" had a mention. :big_grin:

I was also surprised that so much of TMS was shown (I was just expecting a clip).

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Re: Scred !

Originally posted by Scooter
The Greatest moments special was terrific! Guess what? In the movie following, they featured a Scred lookalike! (guess they couldn't get the rights) He was backstage with a puppeteer (not Jerry) and accidently bumped into Laraine Newman. He said" I'm Sooo Sorry" in a scratchy voice, and Lariane pushed him away.
Pretty neat...
I saw that too.

I don't think that the casting dude said to some actor, "Ok, you're going to play Jerry Nelson." I think that they just gave him some ugly looking puppet that looks kinda like Scred. But I liked the hat the guy wore.

:stick_out_tongue:

Anyway, that part did make me excited...

:big_grin:

dwmckim

Reaction score
The funniest thing about that scene is i could easily picture Jerry Nelson dressed as the puppeteer was!

Foreignman

Reaction score
I missed it, and only got to see the last three minutes. Does anyone know when it will be on again? Thanks.