Girl Meets World Officially Picked Up

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
So the premier show has finally aired did anyone watch it?
I, for one, did! But, it ended up being HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE!!!!!!! Let me tell you the problem with it. Now, they're turning over to dumb relationships on these channels that are just so stupid that I can't describe how stupid is. Plus, it's got like a thousand morals that teens and tweens have already learned! Plus...PLUS!!!!! It focuses so much on girls that no boys probably even thought about it. For me, it didn't seem so relatable, and it seemed like it would be barely relatable for its target audience. Boy Meets World was so much better....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Man, I never really liked that show anyway, and it still sounds like a waste. These tweencoms are so incredibly interchangeable, not to mention factory cranked out.

And before anyone says anything, I never liked Saved by the Bell either.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Man, I never really liked that show anyway, and it still sounds like a waste. These tweencoms are so incredibly interchangeable, not to mention factory cranked out.

And before anyone says anything, I never liked Saved by the Bell either.
Eh, Boy Meets World was okay. It's just I think that it was a little more adult than most tweencoms now.

mr3urious

Reaction score
One of my YT subscribers, a music and wrestling critic named Marc Mues, has a program called "S***coms", where he and a few of his friends take a look at pilots of crappy sitcoms and riff on them.

I'll agree with them that Girl Meets World is less in-your-face and more plot-driven compared to other Disney tweencoms, but I still won't go out of my way to watch it.

http://blip.tv/mues/girls-meets-world-shitcoms-7032997

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm watching that review/riff off that right now.

And to give the show credit, I did like how the show called the character out for being a bad wannabe Japanese girl from 2005. In not so many words. So at least there's a small nugget of decent writing.

Overall, I'll third that. It's more like a weak late 90's TGIF sitcom than the crappy kiddy sitcoms that usually pollute that channel. Dog with a Blog would be stupid as a movie, let alone a legitimate show. And the fact there's a show called "I didn't Do it" is an affront to television. So basically, it's the least awful of all their shows, but that doesn't mean it's that good.

Of course, I really didn't care too much for the original. I think Will was a better goofy sidekick when he worked with a cheerleader and a naked mole rat. And his kid friendly Deadpool on Ultimate Spider-Man was good too.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Overall, I'll third that. It's more like a weak late 90's TGIF sitcom than the crappy kiddy sitcoms that usually pollute that channel. Dog with a Blog would be stupid as a movie, let alone a legitimate show. And the fact there's a show called "I didn't Do it" is an affront to television. So basically, it's the least awful of all their shows, but that doesn't mean it's that good.
I guess we can credit Michael Jacobs' side of the production for not making it a total stinkburger.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm a bad judge of family sitcoms. There does seem to be some sort of pandering to the tweenage demographic, but it doesn't dive to the horrible depths of the other shows for them. It doesn't manage to be much worse than anything TGIF had before it disbanded.

Still, it would be great to see something on Disney Channel besides these kinds of shows. At least lately there has been a couple movies and a small Disney XD block that shows Wander and Gravity Falls from time to time.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't know I just started watching the show on Friday, and fell in love with it. It was the Holiday reunion show with Shawn Hunter making a return! I then started watching the other shows, and fell in love with it really quickly. I love how they have made Cory even more likeable then he was on Boy Meets World. He makes me want to go to High School just so I could have him as a teacher.
What I really love about the show is even though the main focus is on there Teen daughter, (who is really likeable) the show as a whole is very entertaining. I can't wait to see the newer shows, and see who else they will bring back from Boy Meets World.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Hate me if you want, but I Love this show!

It may be similar to other Disney/Nick teen shows, but I can live with it. And I love how they've brought back so many BMW people even beyond Cory and Topanga

• Feeny (only briefly, but apparently coming back)
  • Shawn!
  • Alan
  • Amy
  • Teenage Version of Josh
  • Minkus
  • Harley Kiner
  • Eric?? (Rumors of him returning next year)
My only complaint with the Christmas episode is that there was no mention of Eric or Morgan. I'm ok with them not being there (although that would've been nice), but even something like "Morgan and Eric couldn't be here, because......" and then go on with the episode. Other than that, very pleased!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hate me if you want, but I Love this show!

It may be similar to other Disney/Nick teen shows, but I can live with it. And I love how they've brought back so many BMW people even beyond Cory and Topanga

• Feeny (only briefly, but apparently coming back)
  • Shawn!
  • Alan
  • Amy
  • Teenage Version of Josh
  • Minkus
  • Harley Kiner
  • Eric?? (Rumors of him returning next year)
My only complaint with the Christmas episode is that there was no mention of Eric or Morgan. I'm ok with them not being there (although that would've been nice), but even something like "Morgan and Eric couldn't be here, because......" and then go on with the episode. Other than that, very pleased!
I'm with you man I was really excited about the show when they first announced it. I finally had a chance to sit down and watch the show, and fell in love with it. I can't wait to see where the stories go from here, and I know that as the characters grow and develop the stories will also grow and develop as well.

I think they are trying to set it up where Shawn will somehow in some way adopt Myia, but I could be wrong.