1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Glove Monster Puppet for sale on ebay

Discussion in 'Puppets For Sale' started by FoxWorthy, Mar 14, 2015.

1. FoxWorthy

FoxWorthy Active Member

2. crazy chris

crazy chris Well-Known Member

cool puppet!!

cc

FoxWorthy likes this.
  3. FoxWorthy

FoxWorthy Active Member

^^Thanks :) :) :)

dwayne1115 likes this.
  4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

How much do you honestly want for it?

5. FoxWorthy

FoxWorthy Active Member

$750 is my price.

Just kidding!

I have a reserve set on the auction but I don't want to state what that is. I will say that currently, we're not even half way there.

It's a great puppet. I'll miss him if he sells in the auction.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  6. FoxWorthy

FoxWorthy Active Member

Reserve has been met. Bidding is still open at this point in time :)

7. FoxWorthy

FoxWorthy Active Member

Hey folks, sad to say that even though this auction ended at price I was happy with, the winning bidder has not paid or made any contact despite my efforts. I have opened a case against them through ebay.

This puppet may be back on the table and for sale again in the future.

8. crazy chris

Thats a terrible shame... there are some real low lifes on ebay...ugggh... i used to ebay for a living and just about went mental... had to walk away...

that was an amazing price! You dont even see jarrod boutcher or phil fletcher puppets going for that price... even most muppet renditions go for less...

cc

9. FoxWorthy

FoxWorthy Active Member

^^You know what they say, If something seems too good to be true, it's probably because it is. :)

I haven't a clue what PF puppets go for but I can't say I've seen Muppet renditions go for less. I guess it all depends on where they come from.

It is a real shame that someone would do this. I've been an ebay member since 2001, ( I believe), and I have never had an issue.

10. FoxWorthy

FoxWorthy Active Member

So I've gone ahead and relisted this puppet on ebay.

The ebay username of the original winning bidder who never paid or made any contact is "8222010 " and the name shows up as 'Bob Wilson' This name may not even be his true identity. Puppet and ebay members beware!!

Here is the relist:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251902621169?ssPageName=STRK:MEUNSOLD:IT

11. FoxWorthy

FoxWorthy Active Member

Last few hours on the auction...still anyone's puppet. Good luck!

12. crazy chris

Ive studied the market for about 5 years solidly...and it just seems like either demand is down ...or people are poorer... but puppets never seem to go for what they did in years past... I am not a builder...but an avid buyer and lover of all things puppet...and though i like a good deal once and a while...i want puppet builders to get what they deserve for all the time spent on their art...

Hopefully things will upswing soon!

cc

Adam Kreutinger and Animal31 like this.
  13. FoxWorthy

FoxWorthy Active Member

^^Yes, I hear ya! I am new to selling my puppets but not new to making puppets so I will need to put my time in if I hope to build a name for myself.
    The puppet will be going to Greece :)

crazy chris likes this.
  14. crazy chris

GREECE! WOW! The internet has made the world so small! haha

cc

15. ashkent

ashkent Active Member

Lol, i know what you mean. The first three puppets i sold on ebay about four years ago went to Sweden, Germany and the US. It's always funny when you have people in foreign countries willing to pay for postage on puppets when there are some very good puppet makers in their country - Germany and the US anyway. I can't say i have done much research on Swedish puppet makers.

Glad this puppet found a home second time around.

FoxWorthy likes this.
  16. FoxWorthy

FoxWorthy Active Member

I can't even begin to tell you all the headache that this freakin' puppet has caused! So I've just logged in to my ebay account and discovered that this buyer opened a cased against me. All of the ebay emails went to my spam folder and I never even knew! The case is closed three days ago and she has her money back and my paypal balance is in the red!! She even states that I shipped it on her ebay dispute write up! Ebay sided with her even though she said it was shipped! ??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Track it yourself on Canadapost.ca but you will see that once it left Canada, that's it for tracking.

CC212558653CA

Shipped with insurance too! I checked off the box to have it returned to me if it can't be delivered.

This is unbelievable!

**GASP**

I can't believe this......I'm so dissapointed.

17. ashkent

ashkent Active Member

Get back in touch with them to see if there is anything you can do. Especially if you have the tracking number as proof. That is one of the failings of eBay for me as they always side with the buyer in 99% of cases. I once sent a limited edition art portfolio completely wrapped and secured in thick cardboard and in a rigid box. They paid 250 for it but when they got it they raised a case saying it was bent and damaged due to insufficient packing. I didn't have to give them their money back but eBay closed the case in their favour and they paid them the money back. So for receiving a perfect item they ended up with the item and their 250 back. It just doesn't seem right somehow.

Like I say if you have the tracking number as proof definitely get back in touch because all you need to do is prove you sent it.

FoxWorthy likes this.
  18. FoxWorthy

FoxWorthy Active Member

I phoned paypal who then transferred me to ebay, ( as they are now linked). I explained it to ebay and said that the tracking number is there in my ebay account and tht I could email them photos of the shipping receipt. They simply returned my money to me......it was extremely smooth and easy. So the the buyer has been issued a refund as well as the seller, (me). I do not believe that the buyer is trying to pull a scam....they were simply at the end of their 40 day buyer protection and had to claim. All in all, it's worked out.

19. ashkent

ashkent Active Member

Glad to hear they sorted it. :)

20. FoxWorthy

FoxWorthy Active Member

Now it's between me and Canada post. I insured the puppet for $200 so if they've lost it, I believe I will get the insurance payout. I have no experience with claiming insurance with the postal system but I have created a 'ticket' and will certainly be on the phone with them. Has anyone ever made an insurance claim of lost mail before? How did it go?