1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

  2. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

    Dismiss Notice

Gluing a Puppet Arm

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Traveling Matt, Dec 18, 2003.

  1. Traveling Matt

    Traveling Matt Well-Known Member

    Hi folks,

    I have a Pannabecker puppet from their old line (before they stopped making puppets) and an arm has come detached from the body. For those who aren’t familiar with these puppets, the arm is attached by two little plastic pieces that snap together; the male part is glued to the end of the arm, and the female part is inside both the fleece and foam rubber of the body; they connect through a small hole that goes all the way through the body materials. I’ve been able to just snap them back before, but they’ve become more and more loose over time and it pops right back out.

    So basically, I'm searching for a glue that will hold plastic really well, but won’t harm fleece or foam rubber. And if there is a glue that is really good for holding both plastic AND foam rubber/fleece, that would be really great (especially because the hole has gotten a little bigger and the female part can slip through). I've heard some people mention contact cement before, but not being a builder I'm not really sure what that would do.

    Please keep in mind that I’m considerably rough on puppets, so the stronger the glue the better ;)

    Any help would be great!


  2. DPuppets

    DPuppets Well-Known Member

    Davis uses a doll joint to connect the arm to the body. You can buy doll joints at local hobby shop if you don't want to purchase a ton of them from Mercury Plastics. The male part is just hot glued into the arm and then the famale part is just snapped over it. I would just replace it. Some tend to ware out. You could use contact cement. It would work. But again, by just replacing that ti would work well.

Share This Page