1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Gobo's "eh"...

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Redsonga, May 17, 2008.

1. Redsonga Active Member

I've watched the first three seasons a few times now (in " OMG I have boxsets now!" fashion) and picked up that Gobo has a habit of saying "eh". It makes me wonder if Fraggle Rock is just a little bit in Canada or not ;)?
  2. doc hopper Member

I think Jerry Nelson actually talks about this on the special features somewhere in the season one box. Or I remember hearing this from Nelson somewhere...
  3. Redsonga Active Member

I would love to know the details *hops*
  4. heralde Well-Known Member

I don't think he specifically talks about the "eh" thing in Season One, though he does demonstrate it. Maybe he's talked about it somewhere else though!
  5. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Here's why. Where was Fraggle Rock filmed? hense why he has an odd Canadian accent.
  6. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I think Jerry described Gobo as a "Canadian Hero" or soemthign like that on one of the bonus featues.
  7. wwfpooh New Member

Fixed accordingly.
  8. MrsPepper Active Member

Pooh, you're just getting picky; all the scene IN Fraggle Rock were filmed in Canada so there wasn't anything wrong with what DrTooth said.

Yes Red, it was filmed in Toronto, and I've spotted some signage in the background of a few Travelling Matt spots that shows which ones of those segments were filmed in Canada too!

And to Jerry's credit, he is pretty good about getting Gobo's "eh" in the right spots ;) :smirk:
  9. doc hopper Member

Yeah, I just went through the special features and he never even mentions it! I must've heard it somewhere else...
  10. wwfpooh New Member

True, but a lot of the interwoven human & Sprocket segments were done in respective countries.
  11. Redsonga Active Member

I never said he wasn't ;). I even make a point have it be a part of his character in my fanfic, since it seems like many people overlook it...
    It would be funny if Doc actually lived right next to the border somewhere...
  12. wwfpooh New Member

Who knows? But seeing as Doc & Sprocket moved in the finale, their location obviously changed.
  13. Redsonga Active Member

Of course, but the magic makes travel to anywhere very short :excited:
  14. wwfpooh New Member

Yep. :D I wonder which desert Doc & Sprocket would've moved to if they WERE in Canada?
  15. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

But Doc lived in New England somewhere (before the move to AZ), right? The Fraggles have mentioned some caves are days away from their rooms. I imagine FR to be quite extensive, like how ant colonies can take up acres. It's not that hard to imagine that Gobo was originally from a section of the Rock under Canada.
  16. Redsonga Active Member

I didn't think they ever said where Doc lived to start with :confused:
    Of course, I don't know much about the world, I've lived in California my whole life, so I am not good at picking up hints about other parts of the US *lol*:)
  17. wwfpooh New Member

Point taken. But the trip to AZ must've taken a billion, trillion days!
  18. Redsonga Active Member

It didn't have to, since certain tunnels are magic ;).
  19. wwfpooh New Member

Point taken. ^_^
  20. Redsonga Active Member

Yay magic, the answer to anything *lol*:excited: