Going Camping: Has anyone gone before?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
SaraJayne said:
Ooh, another good song is Dueling Banjos!
Ooooh, love "Dueling Banjos!" I saw him do it live at one of Art Garfunkel's concerts. The other guy was on the keyboard... But it was awesome! I also heard "Dueling Marimbas" on "Prairie Home Companion" one time. Veeeery interesting... :cool:
Erin

Fozzie

Reaction score
The most important thing you can bring is marshmallows, hershey bars, and gram crackers to make smores. :wink:

Gonzo

Reaction score
I just have to highlight and back up what SarahJayne said...

INSECT REPELLENT AND SUNSCREEN.

You can consider everything else optional, but definitely bring those.

Also, if you don't like stuff tasting funny, hand sanitizer/Wet-Naps are a must.

Cause your hands are going to be dirty.

Have a great time--I try to go camping a few times a year. Love it.

Beth C

Reaction score
Fozzie said:
The most important thing you can bring is marshmallows, hershey bars, and gram crackers to make smores. :wink:

MMMMMMM... smores! You can bet those ingrediants are coming.

I'm getting so excited about this trip!! I hope it's as great as it looks like it is going to be!

~Beth C

SaraJayne

Reaction score
If you're going to be there a while, you might want to bring those cheap bamboo tiki torches. You can put citronella stuff in them which will keep the bugs away, and it just looks really cool.

Phantom

Reaction score
Fozzie said:
Slit a banana down its length starting about .5" from the stem to .5" of the opposite end (would this be the stern :confused: ) Then stuff the opening with chocolate pieces and marshmallows. Wrap in aluminum foil and place into the camp fire (or barring that hot charcoal on the grill) for about 15-20 minutes.

Enjoy the banana-y (banana-ee) goodness. Feel the love :flirt:

Beth C

Reaction score
Phantom said:
Slit a banana down its length starting about .5" from the stem to .5" of the opposite end (would this be the stern :confused: ) Then stuff the opening with chocolate pieces and marshmallows. Wrap in aluminum foil and place into the camp fire (or barring that hot charcoal on the grill) for about 15-20 minutes.

Enjoy the banana-y (banana-ee) goodness. Feel the love :flirt:
*Drools*

Oh, I'm hungry now! I just got my sleeping bag and extra padding today! I'm getting hyped now!!!! I just can't wait!!

~Beth C

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Don't forget a swimsuit, if you'll be around anyplace you can swim in. And bring LOTS of bottled water, and some energy bars. Also, be sure to have walkie-talkies if you're gonna be w/a fairly large group, and ESPECIALLY if you're planning on doing seperate things at any point. Those things are a godsend.

Whatever

Reaction score
My mom uses empty maple syrup bottles with a handle as water bottles.

Beth C

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a water bottle that I can clip to a belt? I don't want to have my hands too full of stuff!

~Beth C