Going Insane Over Eyes

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
I have been searching (maybe too hard?) for plastic half spheres which have a post in the center and some type of snap on thing. I have sifted thru numerous catalogs from novelty shops, plastic suppliers, and god knows what else to try and find exactly what I want..... but nothing in this shape that has a post with a snappy thingy on the back! :mad:

I'm getting frustrated. Does anyone know what the heck I'm talking about and where I can get them? It's coming down to getting them custom built by a plastic company and that would get expensive. :frown:

Hey buck..... any ideas man? :smirk:

-Michele

PS: Fantastic turnout on the puppet building contest! I loved the photos and the voting was close! I can't wait to get my T-shirt for being a participant! How soon before I can sleep with Bear Town? (The T-shirt of course) :stick_out_tongue:

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Oooooh! I found a post on another forum by David Pannabecker that provides the information! :excited:

(Mercury Plastics, Inc. Also, I saw a post here with the same information from Buck) Seeeeee, he REALLY does know it all! :wink:

Phantom

Reaction score
Puppetplanet said:
Oooooh! I found a post on another forum by David Pannabecker that provides the information! :excited:

(Mercury Plastics, Inc. Also, I saw a post here with the same information from Buck) Seeeeee, he REALLY does know it all! :wink:
If you would be so kind, please post the link or e-mail it to me. Thanks.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
PuppetPlanet,

Id like to have a link to that post too, Please.

see ya

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
http://lists.village.virginia.edu/listservs/spoons/puptcrit.archive/puptcrit_1998/puptcrit.9809

You gotta scroll down and look for davids name towards the left. But here is the info:

Mercury Plastics Corporation
929 Utical Ave.
Brooklyn, NY
(718) 498-5400

:excited: michele

PS: They are NOT the same Mercury Plastics located in Ohio that has a website. This place doesn't have one yet. Annnnnnnd, I'm getting a free "sample" set to use and "see if I like 'em" before I order. They do require you to purchase in bulk though...... we're talking a thousand. Soooo, anyone wanna go in with me after we've all gotten our sample set to play with? :big_grin:

Do ya love me now? *laughing*

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
They don't seem to be selling much of anything anymore. :frown:

fragglerockr

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
They don't seem to be selling much of anything anymore. :frown:

David P. is taking some much needed time off because he is finishing up a degree, and is pastor for his church. He did mention that he's looking into letting somone else continue to make and distribute his products. He's looking for a company that can meet his standards. So we may still have Arms Length products in the near future.

Fragglerockr

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
fragglerockr said:
David P. is taking some much needed time off because he is finishing up a degree, and is pastor for his church. He did mention that he's looking into letting somone else continue to make and distribute his products. He's looking for a company that can meet his standards. So we may still have Arms Length products in the near future.
Actually, Mather Studios is currently selling some of David's products, mostly the puppets I think. They have a website at www.maherstudios.com

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Speaking of eyes, Michael Brose sells some very nice cast 1 1/2" eyeballs through his website (click here for the page). Also Glastic doll eyes can also be good for eyes. You can find them through almost any doll making supply store on the net or at some joke/novelty shops where they are sold as fake eyeballs.