1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Going Insane Over Eyes

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Puppetplanet, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Puppetplanet

Puppetplanet Member

I have been searching (maybe too hard?) for plastic half spheres which have a post in the center and some type of snap on thing. I have sifted thru numerous catalogs from novelty shops, plastic suppliers, and god knows what else to try and find exactly what I want..... but nothing in this shape that has a post with a snappy thingy on the back! :mad:

I'm getting frustrated. Does anyone know what the heck I'm talking about and where I can get them? It's coming down to getting them custom built by a plastic company and that would get expensive. :(

Hey buck..... any ideas man? :smirk:

-Michele

PS: Fantastic turnout on the puppet building contest! I loved the photos and the voting was close! I can't wait to get my T-shirt for being a participant! How soon before I can sleep with Bear Town? (The T-shirt of course) :p
  2. Puppetplanet

Puppetplanet Member

Oooooh! I found a post on another forum by David Pannabecker that provides the information! :excited:

(Mercury Plastics, Inc. Also, I saw a post here with the same information from Buck) Seeeeee, he REALLY does know it all! ;)
  3. Phantom

Phantom New Member

If you would be so kind, please post the link or e-mail it to me. Thanks.
  4. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

PuppetPlanet,

Id like to have a link to that post too, Please.

see ya
  5. Puppetplanet

Puppetplanet Member

http://lists.village.virginia.edu/listservs/spoons/puptcrit.archive/puptcrit_1998/puptcrit.9809

You gotta scroll down and look for davids name towards the left. But here is the info:

Mercury Plastics Corporation
    929 Utical Ave.
    Brooklyn, NY
    (718) 498-5400

:excited: michele

PS: They are NOT the same Mercury Plastics located in Ohio that has a website. This place doesn't have one yet. Annnnnnnd, I'm getting a free "sample" set to use and "see if I like 'em" before I order. They do require you to purchase in bulk though...... we're talking a thousand. Soooo, anyone wanna go in with me after we've all gotten our sample set to play with? :D

Do ya love me now? *laughing*
  6. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

David pannabecker sells them. Email him. His email adress can be found on www.armslength.com
  7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

They don't seem to be selling much of anything anymore. :(
  8. fragglerockr

fragglerockr Member

David P. is taking some much needed time off because he is finishing up a degree, and is pastor for his church. He did mention that he's looking into letting somone else continue to make and distribute his products. He's looking for a company that can meet his standards. So we may still have Arms Length products in the near future.

Fragglerockr
  9. Tztz

Tztz Member

big idie came to my mind, it could be great.
    listen, we all, as puppet builders community, buys the same products for that porpuse. now, we can use our power as a group in order do get discounts by buying big quantity and making the shopping much easier.
    for example, intead of that each one of us try to get those eyes from that company, one can buy it for us all and get a lower price. of course each one will pay him the shipping, tell him exactly how many he would like to order and etc.

i think it could be great.
    what do you think?
  10. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

Actually, Mather Studios is currently selling some of David's products, mostly the puppets I think. They have a website at www.maherstudios.com
  11. Buck-Beaver

Speaking of eyes, Michael Brose sells some very nice cast 1 1/2" eyeballs through his website (click here for the page). Also Glastic doll eyes can also be good for eyes. You can find them through almost any doll making supply store on the net or at some joke/novelty shops where they are sold as fake eyeballs.
  12. Puppetplanet

Puppetplanet Member

Well...... I know that Mercury Plastics will decrease the price with the bulk purchase. They were willing to break open a bag of a thousand for a smaller quatity, but probably not for the small amount that each of us might want at one time. I didn't ask for prices because I'm getting them with my sample.

I know that David sells (used to sell?) them for $2.00 eash plus shipping..... which could get pretty expensive. But, anyways.... it was an idea.... and I guess everyone will figure out what works best for them.

-Michele
  13. Buck-Beaver

I've often thought that it would be great for someone to open a store that specialized in puppetry and sold puppet building materials - all the hard to get stuff like Scott Foam, Antron, shag fur, dozens of eyes, etc. You'd have to do it in a major centre like NY, LA, Toronto, Seattle or Atlanta for it to be feasible, but a web store/mail order business could be a big part of it.

"One stop shopping" so to speak.
  14. Puppetplanet

Puppetplanet Member

Okay Buck..... Lets do it! =)
  15. Pino

Pino Member

what I did was just on a working bench making them eyes from wood!
    Afer that just pain and stitch.... Much cheaper and easier!
  16. Puppetplanet

Puppetplanet Member

huh? :confused:
  17. Tztz

Tztz Member

its ok, just ignore me. yep. i hvent even born! LOL ;)
  18. Puppetplanet

Puppetplanet Member

Oh Tz! :flirt: We all like the fact that you were born! I just didn't see your post because buck talks too much. ;) (just kidding buck, we all value the information you provide.)
  19. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I've been talking to a friend of mine about a shop we've been wanting to open for years, but we can't seem to get the time to actually work on it. It would be a Comic Book/Collectibles, Gallery, Workshop/Educational Room, and Supplies store downstairs, and 2 apartments upstairs (where we would live). The supplies store would carry art supplies for cartoonists and materials for puppetry.

But, we don't have ANY money and can't find any grants or loans that could purchase the building the size we want to use.

We were thinking on a building with 4 apartments in it, turn the 2 downstairs apt's into the business and then live upstairs. We could walk to work then.
  20. Phantom

Phantom New Member

Investment captial is always a killer.