Going to Comic Con

Xerus

Reaction score
This Saturday in Richmond, Virginia, I'm going to Comic Con to see if I can get my Rebusquest webcomics advertised. I already created a flier and I'm going get it copied and going to see if I can hand them out to people there. Any advice would be appreciated for this will be my first time advertising at something big like Comic Con.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can't advise, but I wish you much luck! And enjoy the experience!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xerus

Reaction score
Thank you, Newsmanfan. I appreciate your well wishes.
Yep, I got a table reserved and me and my family are going to hand out fliers to people and I'm going to show them my first RQ stories from my sketchbook and maybe meet some other fellow cartoonists.

Xerus

Reaction score
Well, I went to Comic Con this Saturday to advertise my webcomics and it was a total success. :smile: My Dad had a wooden banner made for my table and my sister and her husband had a table beside mine so they could sell some old videos and books. People of all ages and some in funny costumes like Lara Croft, Zatanna, A Female Robin, and Green Lanterns, came to my table and I handed them fliers and I showed them samples from my sketchbook and they loved my ideas. Not one criticism at all. I must've given out over 50 fliers that day. Hopefully, they'll all visit my website and enjoy the world of Rebusquest. So far two have signed my guestbook, so that's a good sign. And I thank God and my family for being by my side that day. It was my very first presentation ever.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------------------------------------------------------
*waving little pennants for Xerus* Yayyyy!
------------------------------------------------------------

Xerus

Reaction score
---------------------------------------------------------------
*waving little pennants for Xerus* Yayyyy!
------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you, Newsmanfan. It was a great experience and I hope to do it again a few more times.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Good luck, Xerus! We have one coming to Baltimore in late August. Any chance you could make it to that one to get your comic advertised?

Xerus

Reaction score
Good luck, Xerus! We have one coming to Baltimore in late August. Any chance you could make it to that one to get your comic advertised?
Thank you for the invite, Beatnickchick300. But I can't make it out there at that time. But thank you for taking an interest in my webcomics, though. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Wait, I thought comic con was later this month?